PDA

View Full Version : DVD rental

evelyn
11-May-08, 13:51
Anybody had experience of DVD rental companies ie Lovefilm, Blockbuster, Tescofilms etc.
Sine Hector has had to close his doors we are thinking about making use of one of the above and would welcome any advice regarding value for money, quality of discs, speed of delivery and general customer service.
Cheers
evelyn

johnlc
11-May-08, 15:59
Hi i use lovefilm and they are brilliant the dvds come well packed and they are very fast at delivering,the money is also good.

superted
11-May-08, 19:19
I agree, I use lovefilm also. Very prompt with delivery and they have a good selection.

evelyn
11-May-08, 19:48
Thanks folks.
evelyn

evelyn
12-May-08, 12:54
Signed up with Lovefilm ....getting the first fortnights trial for free....seems easy to use...loads of choices of films and a variety of package deals depending on individual usage...first two films are in the dispatch process...will let you know how I get on.
Thanks for your advice
evelyn

anneoctober
24-May-08, 15:42
At the moment I'm with Amazon dvd rental. They're excellent, fast had no probs at all. Lovefilm are now taking over Amazon's customers, so fingers crossed that they'll provide as good a service. :D

cocopops
29-May-08, 20:08
i use tesco, but they are supplied by love film, dvd's come quickly, although when ive had a series of dvd, eg lost, i have recieved them in the wrong order, but tesco did send me the correct dvd without adding to my monthly limit.

emb123
29-May-08, 21:57
oddly enough I was just looking this up myself today and getting the latest info about it.

Lovefilm have now started a a "pay as you go" option if that is preferable (i.e. with no fixed monthly amount) if you are only likely to dip into their selection occasionally for the odd hard to get movie, perhaps because you borrow movies from friends, usenet, torrents etc.. From what I can see it is £1.76 per movie which includes the postage to you and prepaid postage back to them.

liz19
05-Jun-08, 20:00
I have used lovefilm for some time now really efficient sometimes takes a while for them to get new releases but other than that gr8 - u also get vouchers to give out to friends etc ones I got last time were for £50 so if u know anyone that is with them u could ask if they have one u could have to try them out I will have a look to see if I have one left u could have that if I do