PDA

View Full Version : Orange service

bky
10-May-08, 19:30
Orange mobile service stinks - ive had no service for the last 2 days in thurso - ive been on complaining via emails and trying the numbers provided but i'd be as well speaking to a brick - suggestions on unlocking phones gratefully recieved

Mik.M.
10-May-08, 20:01
Our mobiles have had a poor or no signal since Wednesday,were on 3 which is very good usually. Whats going on?

bky
10-May-08, 20:06
i've been told that t3 and orange use the same masts, but maybe someone knows better than me.

ashaw1
10-May-08, 20:23
Orange mobile service stinks - ive had no service for the last 2 days in thurso - ive been on complaining via emails and trying the numbers provided but i'd be as well speaking to a brick - suggestions on unlocking phones gratefully recieved
I live in Wick and usually have no problem with my signal, except for when i come through to Thurso where i usually have no signal at all!

Mr P Cannop
10-May-08, 20:28
ok go with o2

joxville
10-May-08, 20:34
It's not just Caithness that's affected by poor Orange reception. Down here in Hampshire I'm having trouble too. I've only been with Orange for 6 weeks,(after 9 trouble free years with O2), and have to say their service is appalling. I've even used a landline to call my mobile and it goes straight to answerphone, yet according to my phone I'm getting a strong signal! Unfortunately, due to having a contract, I have another 17 months of this to put up with.

Metalattakk
10-May-08, 21:04
Unfortunately, due to having a contract, I have another 17 months of this to put up with.

They can't hold you to a contract if they don't provide the service you signed up for.

nicnic74
10-May-08, 21:06
Im on orange as well & iv been having no trouble at all with it this last couple o days

joxville
10-May-08, 21:07
They can't hold you to a contract if they don't provide the service you signed up for.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll need to check the smallprint.

lexie
11-May-08, 15:00
I am with Orange and have had no service since Wednesday night!!! [mad].. still none yet...

SEB
11-May-08, 16:37
we have also had no signal since last week. Phoned orange on Friday night and after a long and exasparating phone call (they were convinced it was just a problem with my phone), they finally told us that there must be a problem with the mast and that it would be sorted by the following day (yesterday!). Unfortunately still waiting for a signal! Anyone else phoned Orange to complain over past few days?

bky
12-May-08, 07:53
Dear *****
Thank you for your mail regarding your Orange phone.

We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing coverage problems.

We can confirm that maintenance work is being carried out and trust that normal service will be restored as quickly as possible.

If you require further information, please call our Customer Service team on 07973 100150 from a land line if you are a pay monthly customer or 07973 100450 from a land line if you are a pay as you go customer.

At Orange we are committed to providing the best network performance and customer service, and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards

Gemma
Orange Customer Services

DeHaviLand
12-May-08, 11:55
Dear *****
Thank you for your mail regarding your Orange phone.

We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing coverage problems.

We can confirm that maintenance work is being carried out and trust that normal service will be restored as quickly as possible.

If you require further information, please call our Customer Service team on 07973 100150 from a land line if you are a pay monthly customer or 07973 100450 from a land line if you are a pay as you go customer.

At Orange we are committed to providing the best network performance and customer service, and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards

Gemma
Orange Customer Services

Just a standard letter i'm afraid. No real explanation, no indication of time-scales, and even the grudging apology comes hard on the heels of them extolling their own virtues. Sadly typical of what laughingly passes as customer relations these days.

MISS K
12-May-08, 17:22
We phoned this morning to find out just how long it was going to be until we were going to be getting a better signal, we were told that work was done at Glengolly and the service would get better.............well has it???

NO ....... we have 3 mobiles all with orange and unless we pile all our phones on the same point at the kitchen window, our signal is still crap, then just as you get a signal you cant pick your phone up to use it as it goes again:mad:

balto
12-May-08, 21:03
working in woolies, we rarely try to get the customer to buy a orange phone or virgin, simply because of the poor signal that is up hee, which gets worse the further out of wick/thurso you go, really best to stick with o2 or vodaphone to be honest.

lexie
13-May-08, 10:01
im just of the phone to Orange.. and was told mast at Strathy.. they are working on it.. no idea how long its gonna be!! oh aye and we are in a poor signal area!... explained to her.. its been the best "poor signal area" ever for the last 5 years!

Waiting till Monday, then if still nothing .. cancelling Orange and gonna get new phone with Vodafone!

hotrod4
13-May-08, 14:02
Thought this was a thread about a lodge meeting (almost put my best suit and bowler hat on) but obviously not !!!! jok ;)

Mik.M.
13-May-08, 14:06
Spoke to 3 which share Orange masts and they say that there has been work going on over the weekend on the transmitters and that is why we have had no service. Should be sorted in a few days.