PDA

View Full Version : water

unicorn
09-May-08, 19:19
If people are turning off water do they not have to inform you any more, getting increasingly annoyed with filling a bath only to turn round and see it brown, I have just tried 3 times tonight to run a bath after running taps clear and it comes out brown again [evil]

joxville
09-May-08, 19:52
I didn't think Unicorn's needed to bathe. I was led to believe they were always pure and couldn't get dirty!

karia
09-May-08, 20:07
If people are turning off water do they not have to inform you any more, getting increasingly annoyed with filling a bath only to turn round and see it brown, I have just tried 3 times tonight to run a bath after running taps clear and it comes out brown again [evil]

Hi Unicorn,

They need to inform you about turning off the water supply.

You still have a water supply...it's just filthy!

Check the council website and make sure it is detailed there...some repair work or other will be to blame. We get it about once a fortnight and not only is it darned annoying it is time consuming and expensive draining bath after bath of gritty water.:mad:

I commiserate totally!

unicorn
09-May-08, 20:19
ah you see I like to relax and read in the bath :lol: so get most annoyed when I get mingin water, They are building in our area but surely it is common decency to warn people that the water is foosum or flush the pipes out themselves :roll: one of these days I will be doing a whites wash and it will come out a bonny rust colour.

karia
09-May-08, 20:29
ah you see I like to relax and read in the bath :lol: so get most annoyed when I get mingin water, They are building in our area but surely it is common decency to warn people that the water is foosum or flush the pipes out themselves :roll: one of these days I will be doing a whites wash and it will come out a bonny rust colour.

Ye might want to boil yer drinking water an all....at least test it in a very white cup first.

You could aye see the gritty stuff as a natural exfoliant...folks pay £££'s for that.;)

Alli
09-May-08, 21:56
Hi Unicorn, Who is it that is turning off your water, a building firm or scottish water?

unicorn
09-May-08, 22:23
not sure but I think it is the builders as they are building at the top of our area.

footie chick
09-May-08, 22:40

Have a glass of what u fancy turn the lights off candles on and loads of bubble bath, chill out and you wont know what colour the water is :lol:

Alli
11-May-08, 13:49
Phone Scottish Water contact centre on 0845 601 8855, as they will have any information on any ongoing work that is being carried out.The centre will then pass this onto the Wick office.
CONTRACTORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TURN OFF MAINS WATER FOR ANY REASON.
If Scottish Water are not already aware of this problem by phoning the contact centre you will be assisting Scottish Water to improve this problem.

unicorn
11-May-08, 13:51
Thanks for the info Alli I will give them a call and see what is going on as it really is very annoying to not even be warned.

unicorn
11-May-08, 14:20
Well I called and it is not scottish water, so they want me to keep a log of the problems, thanks for the info Alli.