PDA

View Full Version : Baby Spiders

souperman
08-May-08, 18:06
Went into the shed this morning only to be met with a curtain of webs and hundreds (well dozens) of baby spiders. I dont really relish the thought of nipping into the shed for something and coming out with several "passengers" crawling over me for the day. Any tips for ridding my shed of these uninvited guests very much appreciated.

karia
08-May-08, 18:19
Tilter's got some too...and may have gone off them by now ,perhaps he/she could advise!:lol:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=46111&page=3

Good luck!

Julia
08-May-08, 20:14
A flame thrower should do the trick, kills them instantly and leaves them crispy enough to sweep up easily.

George Brims
08-May-08, 20:27
Just wait - they'll wander off on their own. Well, most of them.

souperman
08-May-08, 22:47
Thanks for all suggestions, much as i like the sound of the flame thrower I have had another suggestion of white vinegar, spraying tonight, let you know how it went in the morning.

r.rackstraw
08-May-08, 22:50
Please let them be. They will do no harm.

souperman
08-May-08, 22:54
Sorry, but there is no way I can stand these every day, I joked about there being hundreds but its not far off that, they are everywhere !

trix
09-May-08, 00:24
aye, i agree GB an RR....choost leave them be...they'l be off soon enough...

instead choost look at all 'e new leaves on 'e trees, comin fie their buds an all 'e bonny bushes an floerags, all 'e birdies an 'e bees goin aboot...

'iss is a time for rejoicin an celebratin new life, a new cycle.....

leave 'e beasties alone - ya miserable brute....:Razz

souperman
09-May-08, 08:53
leave 'e beasties alone - ya miserable brute....:Razz[/QUOTE]

Ouch... I dont want to slaughter them trix, just evict them. I do appreciate e` new leaves, e` bonny bushes, e`birds an e` bees, and i would have no problem with the spiders if they stayed where they belong...outside !

ciderally
09-May-08, 11:52
white vinegar that sounds intresting...not too bad over here touch wood...think thats down to the gecko's ....cant spell that....

Flair
09-May-08, 11:59
A flame thrower should do the trick, kills them instantly and leaves them crispy enough to sweep up easily.

I think you're more likely to be sweeping up the cinders after you burn the shed to the ground.

sadam
09-May-08, 12:16
following this thread does anyone know how to stop swallows from building nests at the door of my house, I put a little house out but they dont like it, i dont want to harm them but also dont want the mess that goes along with them.

Tilter
11-May-08, 00:27
Tilter's got some too...and may have gone off them by now ,perhaps he/she could advise!:lol:
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=46111&page=3
Good luck!
Sorry - not been Orging for a while and have just noticed this thread. All my (millions of) spiderlings have now disappeared, on to bigger and better things like disposing of greenhouse whitefly and other nasty beasties.

Spiders are lucky and you are lucky to have them. Please don't get rid of them - they're good little beasties and get rid of loads of unwanted pests. My mother (superstitious lady that she was) always told me it's very unlucky to get rid of spiders. She wasn't wrong - they're very beneficial to homes and gardens.