PDA

View Full Version : Bridged stack. Is it named?

the_count
08-May-08, 17:57
shot of the bridged stack in the next inlet after wick castle

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/countlicker/landscape/P1040024.jpg

dellwak
08-May-08, 20:46
Wow!! Thats fabulous. I wouldn't feel safe walking over that bridge though.

Torvaig
08-May-08, 21:13
I think it is called the "Brig o' Trams", maybe someone can confirm? Not a bridge but a natural formation of rock which has been eroded by the sea.

Seabird
08-May-08, 21:40
I think it is called the "Brig o' Trams", maybe someone can confirm? Not a bridge but a natural formation of rock which has been eroded by the sea.

You are correct Torvaig.
Marina the NE Coaster Ranger would take people for a walk along that stretch of coast.
She would take every one out onto the stack, me included on one occasion , then show them what they had just walked over.
Some people were some what taken aback by what they saw.
Not for the faint hearted

Sporran
09-May-08, 05:14
Wow!! Thats fabulous. I wouldn't feel safe walking over that bridge though.

Me neither!!! :eek: Definitely an awesome sight, though! :cool:

Marina the NE Coaster Ranger would take people for a walk along that stretch of coast.
She would take every one out onto the stack, me included on one occasion , then show them what they had just walked over.
Some people were some what taken aback by what they saw.
Not for the faint hearted

How wide are the bridge and stack, Seabird? They look awfully narrow in the photograph!

Dog-eared
09-May-08, 11:17
The bridge is at least 15 feet thick.

Also , there's a rock slab that sticks out near where the photo was taken, you can see it from the bridge.
When standing on it you think your'e standing the cliff edge but if you lie down and peer over and under you find it is a thick, very undercut slab sticking way out in mid air, a loooong way out and over the Geo.

Instant sensation of flying !!

If you think crossing the Brig O'Trams is scary, don't try this one !!! :lol:

Lying down is definitely recommended, its quite a shocking, scary moment of realisation. :eek::eek:

Dog-eared
09-May-08, 11:25
On second look at the pic, the projecting slab is in the photo ,halfway to the Brig , the slab looks to be part of the brig and is slightly higher, but is actually in the middle distance.
A bit difficult to make out , but that's it.
You can see how undercut it is.

And how cracked..............!!!