PDA

View Full Version : Trampoline Classes

Kevin Milkins
08-May-08, 00:17
Trampoline Classes

Are there trampoline classes in Wick as there seem to be more and more youngsters with a trampoline in the garden and I have noticed that some are getting very proficient at it? When I was a nipper we had youth club twice a week, which often involved gymnastics, and occasionally we had access to a trampoline. I really do enjoy watching the kids spend time on something that requires a bit of energy instead of sitting watching the telly. If there is not a Trampoline and instructor available then that might be something to push for the kids as I am sure some might go on to bigger and better things with the right instruction

TBH
08-May-08, 10:51
Trampoline Classes

Are there trampoline classes in Wick as there seem to be more and more youngsters with a trampoline in the garden and I have noticed that some are getting very proficient at it? When I was a nipper we had youth club twice a week, which often involved gymnastics, and occasionally we had access to a trampoline. I really do enjoy watching the kids spend time on something that requires a bit of energy instead of sitting watching the telly. If there is not a Trampoline and instructor available then that might be something to push for the kids as I am sure some might go on to bigger and better things with the right instructionDo they still have the trampolines at the rosebank?

NLP
08-May-08, 20:38
Do they still have the trampolines at the rosebank?

I was just told the other day, they are gone and is being replaced by a picnic area.

silverfox57
08-May-08, 20:50
as my greatson broke is arm on trampoline,at hospital was told by a nurse that the number of accidents on trampolines,is on the rise every summer,think it would be good for the kids to get lessons on saftey,so agree with you kevin.

Suth11
09-May-08, 10:25
I remember getting lessons as part of PE think I was in 2nd year.
Maybe a PE teacher would know of someone that would like to try out classes.
I'm not sure maybe they would need more qualifications but what about a Higher PE student would look good on their applictions for uni or college. obviously an adult would supervise but they would teach the kids.

TBH
09-May-08, 10:54
I was just told the other day, they are gone and is being replaced by a picnic area.Shame, the kids used to love them.

stixie
09-May-08, 11:04
There are course run through Coaching Highland (and elsewhere am sure) and you will find there are a few coaches trained up in both caithness and sutherland. In my old job we used to train people in various courses to provide activities for children.

You need a great height to be allowed to use these things (as its indoor tuition),

Not really providing any help on the matter, just that there is scope and there are classes out there.

Hope something develops soon, as they are pretty dangerous yet brilliant fun!