PDA

View Full Version : Music from the 1990s

chocolatechip
05-May-08, 20:18
Does anyone remember any music from the 90s I got to admit there was was cool stuff at that time and also some really rubbish stuff too:D

joxville
05-May-08, 23:44
I like various music styles but from the 90's I'd have to say I preferred Blur to Oasis.

anneoctober
05-May-08, 23:48
Does anyone remember any music from the 90s I got to admit there was was cool stuff at that time and also some really rubbish stuff too:D
Play fair CC....... what groups etc do you remember? I'm blonde, so my memory is poor........... [lol]

dogman
27-May-08, 11:56

agreed there was a lot of guff released in the '90s, as there still is today. British music needs a kick up the ar#e as it got when oasis burst onto the scene with the album definatley maybe. there simply hasn't been a band that really matters since oasis.

loganbiffy
27-May-08, 12:46
The 90's was my favourite era of music, from bands like Nirvana, SoundGarden, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Alice In Chains, Dinosaur Jr, Green River, Blind Melon, A Perfect Circle, Tool, and more.

The 00's have certailny been a let down and there hasn't really been a lot of bands that have stood out to me.
Only a few i can think of like Biffy Clyro, Reuben, Yourcodenameis:milo, Vex Red.

emb123
27-May-08, 21:37
The 90's was my favourite era of music, from bands like Nirvana, SoundGarden, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Alice In Chains, Dinosaur Jr, Green River, Blind Melon, A Perfect Circle, Tool, and more.

The 00's have certailny been a let down and there hasn't really been a lot of bands that have stood out to me.
Only a few i can think of like Biffy Clyro, Reuben, Yourcodenameis:milo, Vex Red.
With the exception maybe of Sonic Youth (just not my cup of tea) I'd agree with your excellent selection from the 90's. Plus of course the Red Hot Chili Peppers (who didn't really become mainstream here until the 90s).

Tool are just such a great band!

loganbiffy
27-May-08, 21:55
With the exception maybe of Sonic Youth (just not my cup of tea) I'd agree with your excellent selection from the 90's. Plus of course the Red Hot Chili Peppers (who didn't really become mainstream here until the 90s).

Tool are just such a great band!

Tool are just brilliant!
I love Sonic Youth, but a lot of people didn't like them.

The Chili's were good up until Californication in my honest opinion, evertime i hear a song from that album now i cringe!

Their earlier stuff is excellent though.

emb123
27-May-08, 22:07
Tool are just brilliant!
I love Sonic Youth, but a lot of people didn't like them.

The Chili's were good up until Californication in my honest opinion, evertime i hear a song from that album now i cringe!

Their earlier stuff is excellent though.
well yeah! the later stuff kind of sucks. Pearl Jam just kind of lost their edge (completely) too.

Actually I don't mind several of the tracks on Californication (especially Savior, which actually I like) but it definitely doesn't seem to work as an album. The odd track from it mixed in with other stuff is ok though.

Tool's latest 10,000 Days was a real treat after Lateralus (obligation) :)

loganbiffy
28-May-08, 00:47
well yeah! the later stuff kind of sucks. Pearl Jam just kind of lost their edge (completely) too.

Actually I don't mind several of the tracks on Californication (especially Savior, which actually I like) but it definitely doesn't seem to work as an album. The odd track from it mixed in with other stuff is ok though.

Tool's latest 10,000 Days was a real treat after Lateralus (obligation) :)

I just get wound up when i hear anything off Californication really lol.

Pearl Jam have always done it for me, their lyrics are awesome and their most recent album is great.

10,000 Days is magic, and a HUGE YES to Lateralus!!!

Blast!
31-May-08, 13:24
agreed there was a lot of guff released in the '90s, as there still is today. British music needs a kick up the ar#e as it got when oasis burst onto the scene with the album definatley maybe. there simply hasn't been a band that really matters since oasis.

Since when did Oasis matter? Utter tripe! ;)

honey
31-May-08, 13:30
i was... or should that be, still am... a HUGE Take That fan... so thats the hightlight of the 90s for me, but there is a huge variety of 90s music i still love to listen too.. have to say, i never liked Oasis.

Blast!
31-May-08, 13:31
There was some absolutely fantastic music released in the nineties, I can't comprehend how some folk don't realise this. Just because it's not shovelled down your throat by the connoisseur of all things great Jo Whiley [lol] doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Some folk just need to look a bit farther. It's too easy to say modern music is crap just because Smash Hits! play Akon or the next hip hop "superstar" on repeat.

Some of the best music I've heard has been a product of the noughties.