PDA

View Full Version : White Cat Hit South Of Thrumster

mooncat
05-May-08, 11:53
There was a white cat hit by a car south of thrumster today just past the tanach turning, who ever it was didnt stop...!!!!!!!!!!!!! and several cars drove past it, as it lay there injured, shame on you all, my girlfiend stopped and pick it up and took it to the vets, I will update how the cat gets on, but we need to find its owners, if anyone out there knows someone with a white cat please drop me a line, cheers

mooncat
05-May-08, 12:47
Unfortunately the cat was put to sleep due to the injuries it had received, the vets think it was probably a feral cat, but shame on all who drove by..!!!!!

unicorn
05-May-08, 13:06
well done you and your girlfriend for having heart, such a disgrace on those who just don't care [evil]

mooncat
05-May-08, 16:09
It really makes me so bloody mad, it took 5mins to run it to the vets, are people really so busy that they can't spare the time to be kind, was it better to leave it there suffering from a broken pelvis and a skull fracture, in severe pain, or run it to the vets to see if it could be saved or in this case put out of its considerable pain.... having had 3 cats run over in the last 15 years I understand that accidents happen but to not stop and help is incomprehensible......!!!!!!

Liz
05-May-08, 19:35
It is so sad that others could drive past the poor injured cat. They either didn't care or thought 'someone else will deal with it'!!!

Either way it is wrong!!!:~(

It was so good of your girlfriend to take the poor cat to the Vets and sad it didn't survive but at least it didn't suffer as long as it would have if it had been left.

carasmam
05-May-08, 19:40
Poor cat :~(. At least it didn't suffer too long.
Out of curiosity, who pays the vets bill in circumstances like these? I assume that if an owner came forward it would be them, but if no-one did claim the animal what happens?

Stefan
05-May-08, 20:04
I have taken an injured rabbit to the vets before which was put to sleep. The rabbit was domestic but the vet said he would not charge me as the rabbit wasn't mine. He paid for the expenses himself.

binbob
05-May-08, 22:13
Unfortunately the cat was put to sleep due to the injuries it had received, the vets think it was probably a feral cat, but shame on all who drove by..!!!!!

god bless u and ur girlfriend for doing the right thing for this poor wee soul.
a true animal lover...