PDA

View Full Version : Castle of Mey Small Animal Centre

skinnydog
05-May-08, 08:08
Planning taking the wee one there today, seeing as how I have the day off and it is a lovely day. Had a look on their website and it looks interesting and really good value at only £3 admission per person. Has anyone else been out there and what did you think?

porshiepoo
05-May-08, 08:16
I've never even heard of it! :eek: You'll have to let us know what you think of it.

maidencaithness
05-May-08, 10:24
Hi took the kids on Saturday, they loved it, great day for it today

skinnydog
05-May-08, 13:01
Well it was £3 well spent. More geared towards the under 5's as there is not an awful lot of animals but the ones that are there are all friendly and the girl that works there could not be nicer. She took lambs and guinea pigs out to be handled and was so friendly. The loo's are spotless too so well recommended for wee ones. Must admit it made a big difference to be walking around in the sun instead of the rain and freezing wind!!

Dadie
05-May-08, 21:31
What animals were there?
wonder if its worth taking Lauren or would a trip to the farm suffice?
Though anywhere with clean loos is worth visiting :lol:

maidencaithness
05-May-08, 21:50
They had hens, sheep, goats, a Donkey, 2 pigs,ducks and inside a rabbit, guinea pig and lambs also a wooden cow that you can milk, and chicks in an incubator, my two loved it so much that we went back again after having a cup of tea