PDA

View Full Version : "Goodbye my special friend"

Kenn
03-May-08, 12:41
Saddly good things all must end,
But you were such a special friend.
With big brown sad, rolling ,tearful eyes
And those long sonorous sighs.

No Yorshire pud was safe nor was the toast!
I'm not sure which you loved the most.
You had your run ins with the sheep and cattle.
Ate so many stones I thought you'd rattle.

When it came to puddles in the dykes, "Oh dear"
What a smell, "Don't you dare come near!"
I mind when you tried to dance on ice,
It cracked, a frozen nether end's not nice.

In later years you came to love your rides.
Sitting in the car the other dogs besides.
You always kept your sense of fun, what a joy.
You were such a special dog both man and boy.

Now when I look across the park,
I will mind that gruff,deep bark.
Smile, when I think of you running there,
Wind blown ,streaming hair.

You had so many friends, you'll never be forgot
So although your gone, you're really not.
For you, your time has run.
Now sleep forever in the sun.

In memory of highlander's Bruno.

anneoctober
03-May-08, 12:44
Lizz, what a lovely tribute . :~(

Fran
03-May-08, 12:49
So sad, but such beautiful words, my thoughts are with you highlander.

Liz
03-May-08, 12:56
That is beautiful Lizz.

I am so sorry Highlander :(and thinking of you.

highlander
03-May-08, 13:06
Thank you so much for the beautiful poem lizz, he will be very sadly missed as a family pet and a great pal who would listen to all my woes, bruno would have been 16years old this year, the poor old man felt his time was up and was put to sleep at home.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/highlander1959/27thjune028-1.jpg

Anne x
03-May-08, 13:26
Lizz what a beautiful tribute lovely words
Highlander sorry for your loss

Anne

dousslesh
03-May-08, 18:10
So sorry . Dogs really are our best friends- They don't judge us and give us unconditional love. The pain of losing them is immense and probably not something a non dog owner would ever understand. But the pain of losing them is the price we pay for the immense love and devotion they give us for the short time we are blessed to share our lives with them. Take care of yourself and enjoy the wonderful memories you have of a very, very special friend.

Liz
03-May-08, 18:16
Beautifully said Dousslesh and very true.

Those people who say "It's only a dog (or cat etc)" have no idea the love that most of us have for our pets and the terrible void they leave in our hearts and lives.

As you say the pain we feel is the price we pay for loving them but it is worth it as they enrich our lives so much.

carasmam
03-May-08, 18:24
A beautiful tribute to a lovely looking dog, I will always think of him in that lovely field of buttercups now x

the charlatans
03-May-08, 20:25
Lizz, thats a lovely poem, puts into words what i couldn't.
A dog is such a loving animal there is always a big hole when it goes to the big kennel in the sky. Highlander you were blessed with many years of Bruno and once the memories of his final days have faded you will remember him with great love and fondness.
We had our family dog for 14 years and he died an old gentleman - this was 10 years ago now but I remember him with such love it makes me smile now, he nicked the Christmas turkey on numerous years bless him (after our dinner thankfully).
If only dogs could talk, what tails would they tell?

shazzap
03-May-08, 23:51
Ahhh What a lovely dog

ANNIE
04-May-08, 00:07
How sad but I'm sure you'll be left with lots o lovely memories. Thoughts are with you

DeHaviLand
04-May-08, 04:17
What a beautiful dog, I wish him eternal peace, and for you Highlander, I wish the lifelong memory of a very special friend.

binbob
04-May-08, 10:39
so sorry ,highlander...he looked like a lovely ,handsome dog.u will meet again at the rainbow bridge....

cuddlepop
10-May-08, 19:11
so sorry to hear of your sad loss Highlander.
Lizz ,what a beautiful tribute.

Ash
10-May-08, 19:55
oh im soo sorry
i just cried reading the poem then more when i saw his picture, what a gorgeous wonderful doggy!!!! i hope your ok :(:(

ciderally
10-May-08, 21:08
beautifull words....beautifull photo....beautifull dog....beautifull memories..xx

Fluff
10-May-08, 22:11
http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb12/stainless_bunnie/?action=view&current=4thoct2006037.jpghttp://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb12/stainless_bunnie/4thoct2006037.jpg

Best dog, ever!

NLP
10-May-08, 22:14
What a touching tribute, and a beautiful looking dog.

Kismet
13-May-08, 23:18
Gorgeous dog and really wonderful poetry :(

sassylass
15-May-08, 01:23
oh highlander and sig....I'm sorry for the loss of Bruno, he was a great dog, I'm happy to have made his aquaintance.

Margaret M.
15-May-08, 13:43
Lovely tribute, Lizz. The image of Bruno sitting in the field of buttercups is one I will not soon forget. What a beautiful dog he was -- his photo touches my heart. I'm so very sorry for your loss, Highlander, it hurts deeply no matter their age. RIP, Bruno.