PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

Kevin Milkins
02-May-08, 21:43
I seem to be spending a lot of time in technical ,I think I must be a numpty.
I have bought a new Nintendo WII and want to plumb it in with what looks like my already over crowded home entertainment corner.

I have a Panasonic video recorder with 2 scart outlets,
1 Silver Crest DVD-CD player with 1 scart outlet,
1 Panasonic TV with 2 scart outlets,
1 BT total broadband Digi box with2 scart outlets,
1 Etax AVR 280 home theatre receiver with 1 scart outlet to work the surrond sound.
and now 1 Nintendo WII with a red white and yellow cable with a conector and scart convertor. I have varios spare scart cable and audio cable ,but not sure which would be the best way to connect one to other to get best results. Any advice will be greatfully received.

Reards Kevin Milkins

blueivy
02-May-08, 21:52
I have bought a new Nintendo WII and want to plumb it in with what looks like my already over crowded home entertainment corner.

1 Etax AVR 280 home theatre receiver with 1 scart outlet to work the surrond sound.
and now 1 Nintendo WII with a red white and yellow cable with a conector and scart convertor. I have varios spare scart cable and audio cable ,but not sure which would be the best way to connect one to other to get best results. Any advice will be greatfully received.

Reards Kevin Milkins

You could either connect the white and red to the Home Theatre system and the yellow to your TV through the scart connector which will give you the sound through your home theatre and picture through the TV. Alternatively just connect all three wires to the scart and connect it to the TV.

Bobinovich
02-May-08, 21:59
Many modern TVs, in addition to a couple of Scart inputs, also have one or more sets of phono inputs - sometimes on the rear, other times behind a panel on the front, and even occasionally on the side of the TV itself.

You could simply locate and connect your Wii to the red, white & yellow phono connections and switch to this input via a Source button on the TV remote.

Kevin Milkins
03-May-08, 00:18
Thank you both as that is food for thought and have a job on after breakfast in the morning.
Regards Kevin Milkins

Kevin Milkins
03-May-08, 16:26

Reards Kevin Milkins

I got the Wii to work as advised ,but cant't get all the other bits to cooporate as I would like. Is there a sequince to follow when plumbing in all these items? Anybody want's an earner. 609361

blueivy
03-May-08, 16:54
If it were me (and I don't want to record TV onto video tape), I would buy a Scart 'thing' (I say thing as I cannot for the life of me remember what they are called - they allow you to connect multiple Scart's to one Scart) and connect all your bits to it and then connect it to the TV.

The alternative is chain them all together which is just going to cause problems. KIS (Keep it simple).

When you have done all that you just connect the bits to the Home Theatre that supports it and you will get the sounds out through that.

Kevin Milkins
03-May-08, 17:08
If it were me (and I don't want to record TV onto video tape), I would buy a Scart 'thing' (I say thing as I cannot for the life of me remember what they are called - they allow you to connect multiple Scart's to one Scart) and connect all your bits to it and then connect it to the TV.

The alternative is chain them all together which is just going to cause problems. KIS (Keep it simple).

When you have done all that you just connect the bits to the Home Theatre that supports it and you will get the sounds out through that.
Thanks for that Paul, I have just bought a scart thingy that I can plug 4 scarts into but it has a button for each scart and I assume you can only have one on at a time.
I think I will have another look at it .I have almost scratched a hole in the top of my head.lol. Thanks for your input as every bit of inspiration is needed just now

blueivy
03-May-08, 17:14
Thanks for that Paul, I have just bought a scart thingy that I can plug 4 scarts into but it has a button for each scart and I assume you can only have one on at a time.
I think I will have another look at it .I have almost scratched a hole in the top of my head.lol. Thanks for your input as every bit of inspiration is needed just now

The button ones are better as some of the cheaper 'automatically switching ones' don't always detect the Scart signal or may auto-change when they detect one if you've just switched something on. You just plug all your Scarts into it and then press the button for the scart that you want to see.

As you can only watch one thing through your TV at the one time, it will only let you have one output out of the 'thing'. If you have 16 heads which all need to watch more than one thing, you may need another TV or two ... and a few more of the 'things' (what was it called?) :-)

Kevin Milkins
03-May-08, 17:29
As you can only watch one thing through your TV at the one time, it will only let you have one output out of the 'thing'. If you have 16 heads which all need to watch more than one thing, you may need another TV or two ... and a few more of the 'things' (what was it called?) :-)

I have got the one at a time bit but I cant seem to get each one to come through the sound system. Somtimes I turn on the BT box and the sound from a diferent channel is coming out of the speakers?!!!!!!!!!!

blueivy
03-May-08, 17:42
Is that the Home Theatre speakers or the speakers from the BT Digi Box?

Kevin Milkins
03-May-08, 18:27
Is that the Home Theatre speakers or the speakers from the BT Digi Box?

Hi Paul I have PM'd you

Bobinovich
04-May-08, 00:27
For anybody else in the same predicament as Kevin, I can highly recommend one of these (http://cpc.farnell.com/AV09392/audio-video-tv/product.us0?sku=unbranded-hol-hsr1000) which gives 6 SCART & 1 set of Phono inputs, plus 2 SCART and 2 sets of Phono outputs. Ideal for interconnecting all your A/V hardware.

Kevin Milkins
04-May-08, 12:06
For anybody else in the same predicament as Kevin, I can highly recommend one of these (http://cpc.farnell.com/AV09392/audio-video-tv/product.us0?sku=unbranded-hol-hsr1000) which gives 6 SCART & 1 set of Phono inputs, plus 2 SCART and 2 sets of Phono outputs. Ideal for interconnecting all your A/V hardware.

I have at last got my kit to do what I want it to do. Blueivy, thanks again.
I bought a scart router with 4 scart outlets and 1 phono input and 1 outlet for £14-00 odd from Argos, it tidyed the job up a bit.
Thanks to all that have had in input,now lets get at this Wii.:lol: