PDA

View Full Version : Soundcontrol Music Shops in Receivership

moncur
02-May-08, 12:35
Hi,

Bought a Roland drumkit on finance from SoundControl last week, sent docs off to them and was expecting it to arrive within three weeks. Called them up today to confirm they had received paperwork, when the assistant on the phone today said that the company had gone into receivership and ten stores were closing. He said the likelyhood of the sale now going through was very slim as the Glasgow shop boss would have to sign the agreement too and order the drumkit in from Roland. Luckily I haven't paid anything to the company.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Mystical Potato Head
02-May-08, 13:42
Yeah, i got an email from Dolphin Music saying that they'd gone bust

Oh, thanks for putting the vote for me thing on the big gig page!

Gleber2
02-May-08, 13:46
Just had a word with Soundcontrol Glasgow and they are indeed in receivership. They have been given 12 weeks grace in Glasgow but well over a hundred stores have been closed.:~(

DOC ROCK
02-May-08, 14:32
Gosh!! indeed receivership!! I was lucky to receive my studio upgrades before this tragedy.

The Pepsi Challenge
02-May-08, 16:13
Bought a set of V8 Drums from them a couple of weeks ago. Picked them up today. Nice one.

moncur
02-May-08, 16:14
Aye just got off the phone to them again and its a definite no-no for the finance agreement. Need to phone up the finance company to cancel it ASAP.

loganbiffy
02-May-08, 16:55
Doesn't put me up or down to be honest.

I always found Sound Control to be over-priced anyway, there is far better and cheaper companies on the net.

Wasn't overly keen on the staff in the Glasgow one either......

Bobinovich
02-May-08, 17:26
Shame to hear that. Although I've been out of the scene for about 15 years I was a regular in their Glasgow shop prior to that for keyboards, modules, etc. as well as my largest purchase - a £4.5k Peavey PA rig.

goggs1987
02-May-08, 17:38
so i heard .... thats well rubbish:(! i wonder how come they have gone bust? that'l be TurnKey bust to then yeah?

Jeid
02-May-08, 19:15
Turnkey and Soho Soundhouse are all part of the same Sound Control group yeah.

It doesn't surprise me, like Logan said... they're nae cheap.

moncur
02-May-08, 19:25
Surprised they never put up any notices on their website. Its just sheer luck that I phoned out of curiosity to ask if they received my documents.

Deemac
02-May-08, 19:40
For me www.thomann.de (http://www.thomann.de) are hard to beat most of the time. I also, many years ago, used to use Sound Control quite a lot (in my MIDI/sequencing hay day's) but I also found the vibe from some of the Glasgow staff off-putting and their prices less than attractive.

Jeid
02-May-08, 20:13
It's on the Turnkey site Moncur.