PDA

View Full Version : Viewfirth

Fran
20-Nov-05, 03:29
i think it is very sad that the viewfirth in thurso, a lovely building, is to be demolished to make way for yet more houses. will there be no green area left in thurso?

Naefearjustbeer
20-Nov-05, 03:38
maybe if they build on the green it will stop the crop of magic mushrooms that grow on it every year :eek: .
Joking aside surely it is only the building and walled in area that is to be demolished and built upon not the whole green? It will probally always be known as the viewfirth green no matter what it becomes in the future.

Fran
20-Nov-05, 03:54
what are your memories of the viewfirth?
Mine are of my childrens birthday parties in the barn in the viewfirth some years ago, sitting with friends for a chat and a drink, and meetings with other members of the ROC, and a surprise birthday party given for me........yes many happy memories.

Naefearjustbeer
20-Nov-05, 04:03
My memories involve drinking lots of beer watching (listening) Jonny Fats singing "smoke up the ganja" at full blast at one of the music festivals held on the green absolutely priceless memories. :) :) watching one of my mates balls up the intro to a song several times as the first band of the day at one of the gigs, It was either metalica or helloween track cannot remember now. Playing snooker and drinking more beer and parties in the barn and sports bar all great fun. Dropping loads out of the bandit and getting more beer. Ah life was good ;)