PDA

View Full Version : How clean is yours?

karia
01-May-08, 14:36
lThanks to a nasty spillage involving a glass of red wine I can vouch for my keyboard being really clean as I had to replace it only yesterday:mad:

However this article made me wince.

Check the bad advice about the dishwasher!:lol:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080501/tuk-health-warning-on-computer-keyboards-45dbed5.html

SunsetSong
01-May-08, 14:41
Yuck!!

Have to say I am obsessive about mine!! lol....but only cos its a laptop and if a crumb gets in there then the keys start sticking!! Mind you I used to know someone who removed all the keys from the keyboard and cleaned them individually before putting them back on again!! Bit of a problem if you get them the wrong way round!!

unicorn
01-May-08, 14:49
Mine gets a right good clean with antibacterial wipes weekly.

bobandag16
01-May-08, 14:59
Mine gets a right good clean with antibacterial wipes weekly.
pc cleaner print fit comes with sponge to fit into key grooves spray on fliud . can be got for less than 2 pounds

unicorn
01-May-08, 15:01
where from? sounds good gotta keep nails long to get into the grooves :lol:

karia
01-May-08, 15:05
pc cleaner print fit comes with sponge to fit into key grooves spray on fliud . can be got for less than 2 pounds

That's a good idea because you don't really think to wash your hands after typing and I'm not sure I could get into the habit of doing so.:confused

Will check it out....Maplins should stock it!

ciderally
01-May-08, 15:17
only me on this laptop...my dirt hummmmmm my germs...ok i will give it a clean....

Margaret M.
01-May-08, 15:42
I ordered one of those ultraviolet light thingies to kill yucky stuff on anything that cannot be washed.

Tilter
01-May-08, 17:18
Read your article comparing keyboards to toilets, Karia, and am taking it to heart. I shall never ever sit on my keyboard again.

karia
01-May-08, 17:33
Read your article comparing keyboards to toilets, Karia, and am taking it to heart. I shall never ever sit on my keyboard again.

Very wise!

Apart from hygiene issues it can so be hard to get the indented letters out of yer buttocks;):lol:

percy toboggan
01-May-08, 21:53
We should not be too precious about living in a germ free environment. Contact with some dirt and germs actually strengthens our immune systems. Close inspection of mine for instance reveals fluff, bits of dirt and muck - probably flaked off skin bits....not a total dirtbag I tend to give it a going over with the Dyson every couple of years whether it needs it or not.

Seriously, I'd wouldn't be overly worried about nasties lurking within the keyboard...it's the nasties hovering over them that put the wind up me.

Boom Boom.

golach
02-May-08, 00:00
Seriously, I'd wouldn't be overly worried about nasties lurking within the keyboard...it's the nasties hovering over them that put the wind up me.

Boom Boom.
Percy, I fully agree, but, what do we do to cure this problem, I do not like to suffer from wind.

beephope
02-May-08, 00:39
As a newb i'm i gonna get into trouble for sayin' derty like 'em weekers? and obs, i mighn't be so good at spellin' an tha'

Kevin Milkins
02-May-08, 01:01
I am just off to pop my lap top in the dishwasher, I may be gone some time.:~(

Riffman
02-May-08, 01:09
I clean dust out the laptop key board with a soft art paintbrush. Then it gets a wipe over with anti bac germ killing stuff about once a week.

Keeps it clean and germ free.:cool:

thejudd
02-May-08, 02:22
Think my keyboard is ok. I turn it upside down and clean it every few days. I do eat while sat at my pc and I am always amazed at the crumbs that come out, also my OH sometimes takes me keyboard and takes it apart and cleans it for me :lol:

Rie
02-May-08, 09:39
Have to say i was disgusted to hear about keyboard hygene lol,
Dont think mine are on my desk long enough to pich up more germs than a toilet as i keep spilling drinks on mine which result in a new one every few months lol,
even so , do clean my keyboard every 2 days (am i just odd???) i hate to see the dust bunnies forming between the keys !

bobandag16
02-May-08, 10:29
That's a good idea because you don't really think to wash your hands after typing and I'm not sure I could get into the habit of doing so.:confused

Will check it out....Maplins should stock it!
bought kit in lidl store thurso special offer 99p

cazmanian_minx
02-May-08, 10:33
I take all the keys off mine once every couple of years and give the whole thing a good clean. Other than that, it's just a hoover over it once a month or so to get the cat hair out!

karia
02-May-08, 10:37

Boom Boom.

While I broadly agree, it becomes less funny when you start thinking about keyboards in Hospitals and other medical practices.:(

Thanks for letting us know where you got the cleaning product bobandag16.