PDA

View Full Version : What Music Are You Listening To?

Sporran
20-Nov-05, 01:49
Right now I'm listening to Chris Botti, one of my fave jazz trumpeters, on his new CD "To Love Again - The Duets". Chris's trumpet playing is accompanied by a different solo singer on each song. I could listen to Sting's dreamy version of "What are you doing the rest of your life?" all night, just about....mmmmm....

porshiepoo
20-Nov-05, 01:50
Sarah Mclachlans angels. Fantastic song!

Sporran
20-Nov-05, 01:53
Good choice, porshie! I happen to be a Sarah McLachlan fan too! :)

dragonfly
20-Nov-05, 15:25
Texas - Red Book, Rod Stewart - Thanks for the Memory The Great American Songbook, Alex Parks, Honesty................so many, totally addicted to iTunes!!

Fluff
20-Nov-05, 17:19
Arcade Fire are excellent. Their last single Rebellion (Lies) is so catchy. Their new single Wake Up should be due out soon I think.

gleeber
20-Nov-05, 17:59
Ive had an up and doon day. Beggars Banquet the Stones and Essential leonard Cohen, zzzzzzzzz

spiggie
20-Nov-05, 18:01

totally agree with u there, love that song :)

kas
20-Nov-05, 18:06
Madonna's new album is very good, if you are into that sort of stuff.
Killers and Kaizer chiefs are great too.
I can listen to anything except country, but we all have our own taste.

Blast!
20-Nov-05, 18:55
Fluff, Arcade Fire are awesome, great band!

Me? I've been listening to the Magic Numbers, Modest Mouse, the Shins and Bright Eyes alot recently. Right now i'm listening to the Magic Numbers' "I See You, You See Me"....brilliant harmonies over the whole album, easily lovable.

For you folk who like Sarah McLachlan, you should check out a Canadian artist called Sarah Slean, she's got a few good songs, particularly "Sweet Ones"

Have a listen :)

Malcolmdog
20-Nov-05, 19:31
Like Canadian music? Nova Scotia sound? try Great Big Sea.
Like Italian Canadian music? try Alfie Zappacosta.

Right now we are into Bob Macleod's CD "Crossing the Minch" - good sound / great to dance to and very popular with the Alliston and Nobleton Scottish Dance Groups right now.
Wonderful CD - hard to get in Canada.

Malcolmdog

paris
20-Nov-05, 19:36
A good old rockabilly album, went to see lee rocker from stray cats on friday at a private gig. what a brill night !!!!

Sandra
20-Nov-05, 20:00
Today I've been listening to Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, The Smiths, Morrissey. Madonna's new album is excellent too.

Sandra
20-Nov-05, 20:01
A good old rockabilly album, went to see lee rocker from stray cats on friday at a private gig. what a brill night !!!!

Are the Stray Cats still around? My brother used to have one of their albums, I thought they were great.

Tristan
20-Nov-05, 20:12
Are the Stray Cats still around? My brother used to have one of their albums, I thought they were great.

Careful Sandra... Stray Cats were Canadian! Don't think they've been around for awhile tho

lassieinfife
20-Nov-05, 20:50
Listening to Jo O'Meara........lovely voice catchy music:)

BustedShoe2
20-Nov-05, 20:50
I've got The JCB Song by Nizlopi playing just now..

Take a look at the video, it's worth a watch:

http://www.jcbsong.co.uk/jcbvideo.asp

lynsey
20-Nov-05, 21:14
ive been listening to mcfly, robbie, kaisers, franz ferdinand, oasis, kt tunstall, sugababes, greenday and travis.

hereboy
20-Nov-05, 23:13
Went til see "Walk the Line" two nights ago, so I am in Johnny Cash mode if 'e now.

Johnny is just grand for a Sunday afternoon.

porshiepoo
21-Nov-05, 00:52
The streak by Ray stevens! lol
Tough little boys by Gary allen. Both brilliant.

William
21-Nov-05, 00:57
Ironic - Alanis Morisette right now :)

bought too much cds this last 2 weeks

Now dance Album the 3 disc one
Sotck atkmin gold album
Madonna's new album
KT Tunstals album
The magic numbers album
Robbie williams album

Oh well more for monday night at the hospital :)

Blast!
21-Nov-05, 16:27
The Kaiser Chiefs? You can't seriously like them? Can't stand them!

And don't get me started on Oasis, 'Deffinately Maybe' & 'Morning Glory' we're both great album's but the 5 or so they have released since have be nothing short of crap.

There are much better british bands out there, there's the likes of Muse, Franz Ferdiand, Belle & Sebastian, Radiohead and even possibly Coldplay. And that's just a few band who released relatively recently. Don' listen to Oasis any linger, they're crap!

Jeid
21-Nov-05, 16:33
very good Blast. Musical taste is subjective. what you think good might be crap to someone else.

how about being less critical and keep it friendly huh?

dragonfly
21-Nov-05, 16:44

never heard of her before, so went on itunes to have a listen and was impressed. downloaded the album. she is a sort of like Faith Hill and she reminds me of someone else, but can't think who?!

thanx for letting me know about her ;)

Blast!
21-Nov-05, 16:45
That probably a good idea man, but you know how it gets....you see a band that annoys you and before you know it, you're ranting away like there's no tomorrow.

Apologies to anyone who actually likes Oasis or the Kaiser Chiefs, haha, still try something different ;)

Not actually a big fan of those other british bands myself, was merely pointing out these other bands whom I find to be better than the two aformentioned ones.

What you listening to these days yourself Jeid? You always seem to be into someone new.

porshiepoo
21-Nov-05, 17:23
never heard of her before, so went on itunes to have a listen and was impressed. downloaded the album. she is a sort of like Faith Hill and she reminds me of someone else, but can't think who?!

thanx for letting me know about her ;)

Glad you like her. :D
She reminds me a little of Eva Cassidy.
Another one of sarahs songs is called 'Fall of grace'. Fantastic! It's actually a track I first heard in Buffy as she was leaving sunnydale after killing angel/ I looked for it for ages cos I didn't have a clue what it was called.

Another great artist : Robbie Williams. Brilliant!

loganbiffy
21-Nov-05, 17:26
its gotta be some quality british bands like Reuben, Biffy Clyro, Vex Red, Your Codename Is Milo, and of course on the other side of the pond, Green Day, Soundgarden, Billy Talent to name but a few.

porshiepoo
21-Nov-05, 17:37
Oh dear Loganbiffy, the only one of that little lot I've heard of are Greenday.
God, I feel really old now! :( :D

loganbiffy
21-Nov-05, 17:43
Oh dear Loganbiffy, the only one of that little lot I've heard of are Greenday.
God, I feel really old now! :( :D

haha sorry bout that porshie! check some of them out if you can, i highly recommend reuben fantastic energy fused with amazing songwriting!

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Nov-05, 17:47
Today?... Hmmm... Wendy Carlos's score for the movie Tron; The Unusual Suspects (Scotland's unofficial national folk orchestra); and, of course, the greatest live band in the world - The Blues Explosion. I'll save Black Lace for tomorrow.

porshiepoo
21-Nov-05, 17:58
Today?... Hmmm... Wendy Carlos's score for the movie Tron; The Unusual Suspects (Scotland's unofficial national folk orchestra); and, of course, the greatest live band in the world - The Blues Explosion. I'll save Black Lace for tomorrow.

Again. Huh???? lol.
Weren't Black lace the ones that did that 'Ride on time' or 'Agadoo'?

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Nov-05, 18:00
Agadoo, and Superman lest ye forget.

Jeid
21-Nov-05, 18:23
Blast! do i know you or something?

loganbiffy is right, Reuben are pretty class. Saw them a couple of years ago in Aberdeen and didn't like them that much, now i do!

As for what I'm listening too... He Is Legend, Bullet For My Valentine, As I Lay Dying, Death Cab For Cutie, Postal Service, Black Dahlia Murder, Thrice, Circa Survive, Killswitch Engage(saw them two weeks ago).... i could be here for a long time!

that'll do for now though

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Nov-05, 18:34
Jeid, how do you decide on what shade of black to wear every day?

porshiepoo
21-Nov-05, 18:53
I did go to see a band called 'Roachford' once, many years ago.
One hit wonders I think and weren't that good!

Jeid
21-Nov-05, 19:09
Jeid, how do you decide on what shade of black to wear every day?

i prefer red or green actually :)

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Nov-05, 19:13
What's the old saying: red and green should never be seen. Together at least.

brandy
21-Nov-05, 19:14
Randy travis.. Glory train

jellybean
21-Nov-05, 19:58
Again. Huh???? lol.
Weren't Black lace the ones that did that 'Ride on time' or 'Agadoo'?

I think "Ride on Time" was Black box.
I'm listening to KT Tunstall at the moment.

dragonfly
21-Nov-05, 20:06
love KT Tunstall, didn't at first but she has grown on me, think Natasha Bedingfield is good too, much better than Daniel

fender
21-Nov-05, 22:23
Over the past week I have been listening to the following. They are not in any particular order.

1. Split by The Groundhogs. Tony 'T.S.' McPhees finest recording.
2. The best of The Pogues. Rare, foot tapping music.
3. Argus by Wishbone Ash. There can only be one Wishbone Ash.
4. Queen 1 by Queen. Early rock before they went all commercial.
5. The Yes Album by Yes. Prog rock at its best.
6. Live '72 by Urian Heep. No frills rock.

Sporran
22-Nov-05, 05:45
What's the old saying: red and green should never be seen. Together at least.
I thought the saying was "Blue and green should never be seen, except for on a gypsy queen".

scotsboy
22-Nov-05, 06:12
Gorrillaz - Demon Days

futurelegends
22-Nov-05, 22:48
This week I've been listening to Mostly Autumn's 'Storms over still water' (a good lie back & enjoy album).

Also Stevie Wonder's latest 'A time to Love', Kate Bush 'Aerial' & Enya's 'Amarantine.'

What more could a body ask for?

daviddd
22-Nov-05, 23:22
Pink Floyd are doing it for me yet again - The albums Animals and Wish You Were Here so far. Sounds brilliant on a half-decent modern Hi-fi system, so many sounds one never heard on cassette tape!

Jeid
23-Nov-05, 00:05
ah, Pink Floyd.... they are indeed a magical band!

Gotta love Led Zeppelin too!

Downloaded some Marilyn Manson yesterday, its been so long since i heard any of his stuff, it reminds me of high school

willowbankbear
23-Nov-05, 14:56
Ian Brown & the Stone Roses - Superb folks -del puta madre as they say in Espana. Takes me back a lot of years but its timeless
:D :D :D

Sporran
27-Nov-05, 04:58
Any Queens Of The Stone Age fans out there? I'm listening to their 'Lullabies to Paralyze' CD, which came out this spring. I was gradually getting to like their music, and this is the album that really got me hooked! So many catchy, upbeat numbers -- I love it! :D

Sporran
05-Dec-05, 07:19
Got my Christmas music out now, and am currently giving spin to Celine Dion's 'These Are Special Times'. It's a beautiful album, and a joy to listen to! :)

You can find the song samples here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000DHR0/qid=1133761421/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6431811-9866260?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

MadPict
07-Dec-05, 12:46
Well, looks like the WAYS?* has been resurrected - Nice.....

I just purchased "Greatest Hits" by Deep Purple and "Phaedra" by Tangerine Dream - £5 a piece from FOPP Records.

If you're interested, my iPod contents - 3411 songs (http://app100828.applicabroadband.net/XHTMLplaylist/BobsMusic.html)

* What is WAYS? - "WAYS" was the "What Are You Spinnin'?" thread which in it's first form racked up an impressive number of posts (almost 300) and views ( nearly 4000 if I recall) and was rarely off the front page of the forum index.
It was sadly lost, but was restarted as What Are You Spinnin' - 2 (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=282) and received 128 replies and 4,375 views before sliding out of sight in early 2004.

Jeid
07-Dec-05, 13:28
listening to the new Thrice record Vheissu and their second album The Illusion of Safety... damn good i say!

Sporran
08-Dec-05, 17:52
Well, looks like the WAYS?* has been resurrected - Nice.....

I just purchased "Greatest Hits" by Deep Purple and "Phaedra" by Tangerine Dream - £5 a piece from FOPP Records.

If you're interested, my iPod contents - 3411 songs (http://app100828.applicabroadband.net/XHTMLplaylist/BobsMusic.html)

Wow, that's quite an impressive list of songs on yer iPod, MadPict! I'm not familiar with all the artists listed, but highly approve of BBM's 'Around The Next Dream' -- that's one o' my own fave albums! :D I love the material by Cream and The Brand New Heavies too. 'The Way It Is', by Bruce Hornsby & The Range, is another album I enjoy in my ain collection. :)

What do you think of Alice In Chains or Queens Of The Stone Age, BTW, MadPict? Does their kind of music appeal to you at all?

MadPict
08-Dec-05, 18:03
I'll be honest and say I have not really listened to either band - I'll try and give them a listen next time I am in Borders Bookshop (if they are available on the listening 'posts').

Sporran
08-Dec-05, 18:51
That's a good idea, MadPict, and I'll look for music samples by the artists on your iPod that I'm not familiar with! :) I often just go to Amazon.com to take a listen. The US version usually has more samples available than the UK one, as a general rule.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I like Jeff Buckley too. When I was watching TV a few months ago, I saw a couple of his videos on VH1 Classic, and that first sparked my interest in his music. I was sufficiently impressed enough to buy Jeff's 'Grace' album not long after that. I bought the 3 disc Legacy version, and it was well worth the money, in my opinion.

drotax
08-Dec-05, 20:45
Try Ricky Gervais & Noel Gallagher - Freelove Freeway its pure quality!:)

Ashes
08-Dec-05, 20:55
Just dug out Hopes and Fears by "KEANE" Brilliant album.
Kind regards Ashes

Alexander Rowe
09-Dec-05, 03:25
Must agree on Killers and Kasier Chiefs also, wont be long before these bands are forgotten, Killers already are fading away.

Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Postal Service, Editors and Hard-Fi are getting some air time at the moment.

But hogging the mp3 player recently has been an old Sasha and Digweed cd I found and also Kraftwerk - Maximum Minimum.

Jeid
09-Dec-05, 04:17
my god... someone else who like the Postal Service!!

good man... very relaxing music.

Sporran
13-Dec-05, 20:57
Right now I'm listening to 'Razorblade Romance' by Finnish band HIM. They call their music Love Metal, though I've heard it described as Goth Rock as well. Although their lyrics are bit dark, I think the band has a great sound, and I enjoy their music videos too. I love Ville Valo's vocal flair -- he's equally at home singing Neil Diamond's 'Solitary Man' on another album, and Chris Isaak's 'Wicked Game' on this one. As for Ville's image -- well, he kinda reminds me of Marc Bolan, a young David Bowie, Mick Jagger and Steve Tyler all rolled into one! :cool:

Astra
13-Dec-05, 21:06
Foster an allen cant beat it .

fed-ex
13-Dec-05, 23:07
Foster an allen cant beat it .Aye ye can... have you not heard farmer dan yet?

Astra
13-Dec-05, 23:55
Aye ye can... have you not heard farmer dan yet?
One better than that been to his concert and got a singed cd

MadPict
18-Dec-05, 18:05
Latest spinners...

José González - Veneer (the track Heartbeat is the one in the Sony 'bouncing balls ad')

Turin Brakes - Ether Song

The Allman Brothers - Brothers and Sisters

Sporran
18-Dec-05, 18:48
With Christmas only a week away, I've been listening to my favourite Christmas albums, one of which is 'The Gift' by Jim Brickman. I find Jim's piano playing very soothing and relaxing, and this album is no exception to that rule. It's a mix of traditional and contemporary Christmas music, with three vocal tracks. The first is 'Starbright', a lullaby sung by Kenny Loggins, and the last is the title track of the album. 'The Gift' is a romantic duo sung beautifully by country singer Collin Raye and Susan Ashton, and finishes the album off to perfection, in my opinion. :)

Jeid
18-Dec-05, 19:30
Listening to Billy Talent's self-titled album. Its pretty cool, reminds me of The Living End in places.

Also got the Autopilot Off album "Make A Sound", its pretty catchy and reminds me a lot of Story Of The Year.

And if you haven't heard of Story Of The Year, you should definately check them out. Really awesome band, even better in a live situation!

krieve
18-Dec-05, 22:42
The wurzels

krieve
18-Dec-05, 22:54
Paul McCartney -We all stand together , the song with the frogs loved it as a bairn

ice box
18-Dec-05, 23:07
The wurzels
What album was that

ice box
18-Dec-05, 23:08
Paul McCartney -We all stand together , the song with the frogs loved it as a bairn
Great song and i still love .

angela5
18-Dec-05, 23:10

Great song it's been a while since i heard it mind you, could do with listening to it now drown out that noise of football my son is listening to.

futurelegends
18-Dec-05, 23:22
Get yourself plugged into 'LA Woman' by the Doors, hard to believe the Album is about 35 Years old and still as fresh as it was then, same goes for 'Who's Next' by The Who.

Also Highly Recommended:

The Joshua Tree - U2
Stripped - The Rolling Stones
Harvest Moon - Neil Young
Peter Gabriel (1st Album) - Peter Gabriel
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Genesis (Gabriel's Last on Vocals)
Motown Chartbusters Volume 3 - Various (in my view the Greatest Compilation album ever made).

ice box
20-Dec-05, 00:35
I am listening to TAKE THATS new album . I nearly fainted when i heard they were bringing out a new album i can remember ten years ago when they split up i was in tears for months .

angela5
20-Dec-05, 14:22
Shayne Ward, Thats my goal. Absolutely love it.

fender
21-Dec-05, 09:32
Just been spinning the Finnish band NIGHTWISH. The best of CD. Excellent music with their cover versions of Gary Moore's - Over the hills and far away, The theme from the Snowman (Walking in the Air) and The Phantom of the Opera - outstanding.

Anyone else out there discovered this band?

lou2201
21-Dec-05, 11:37
Im liking the magic numbers just now.When I was at T in the park I never went to see them because I hadnt heard of them b4.Big mistake!!They were ace when i watched T in the park on tv a few weeks l8r.

brandy
21-Dec-05, 12:50
bing crosby *Grins* all into the christmas tunes!

krieve
26-Dec-05, 15:58
I am listening to theJCB Song it should have got christmas number 1, not shayne ward the jcb song is far better what a brilliant song.

shrek_donkey
26-Dec-05, 16:09
I am listening to TAKE THATS new album . I nearly fainted when i heard they were bringing out a new album i can remember ten years ago when they split up i was in tears for months .
Ice box i can't believe you like Take That!! what rubbish, they were rubbish when they were first out, they are still rubbish now and will always be nothing but complete and utter rubbish. You said how you cried when they split i had a party to celebrate.

Jeid
27-Dec-05, 01:19
Wow, your so much cooler than ice box... We should start another thread to celebrate how awesome you are!

Seriously, what was the point in that post?

shrek_donkey
27-Dec-05, 14:36
Wow, your so much cooler than ice box... We should start another thread to celebrate how awesome you are!

Seriously, what was the point in that post?
I am allowed to give my opinion jeid i did'nt say i was cooler than ice box seriously whats the point in that post? you must be a TAKE THAT fan hahaha lol get a grip.

Jeid
27-Dec-05, 20:24
I am in fact not a Take That fan, quite the opposite to be honest.

I do however have respect for other people's taste in music and choose not to criticise what I see as crap. Its pretty pointless, don't you think? What does it achieve? Nothing.

It is indeed a messageboard and you are allowed to give your opinion, I don't see you voicing your opinon on much else though.

Out of interest, what music do you actually like?

shrek_donkey
27-Dec-05, 20:48
Take that i love take that.

Sporran
28-Dec-05, 08:46
I received some new CDs for Christmas, one of which is Chris Botti's 'December', which I've wanted for ages. I've also been listening to Franz Ferdinand's two albums, which were gifts as well. Both of them make me wanna get up and dance, the music's so catchy, lol! :D

shrek_donkey
28-Dec-05, 14:44
I am in fact not a Take That fan, quite the opposite to be honest.

I do however have respect for other people's taste in music and choose not to criticise what I see as crap. Its pretty pointless, don't you think? What does it achieve? Nothing.

It is indeed a messageboard and you are allowed to give your opinion, I don't see you voicing your opinon on much else though.

Out of interest, what music do you actually like?
For your information it was a joke between ice box and myself,
as for not voicing my opinion on anything else i only join in december can't get to a computer the whole time just now.
I also do have respect for other people and there opinions.

jamesmoore
28-Dec-05, 15:04
For your information it was a joke between ice box and myself,
as for not voicing my opinion on anything else i only join in december can't get to a computer the whole time just now.
I also do have respect for other people and there opinions.Never mind them shrek donkey. It seems you have to be one of their little clique for your opinion to count. I am one of many who enjoy reading your posts.

shrek_donkey
28-Dec-05, 15:12
Never mind them shrek donkey. It seems you have to be one of their little clique for your opinion to count. I am one of many who enjoy reading your posts.
Thanks jamesmoore you say anything they dont like and you go from 5 rep point to -15 grrrr

jamesmoore
28-Dec-05, 15:14
Thanks jamesmoore you say anything they dont like and you go from 5 rep point to -15 grrrrHow childish and petty that is of them..pathetic

shrek_donkey
28-Dec-05, 15:18
to true to true

shrek_donkey
28-Dec-05, 15:19
you better watch it will be you next

jamesmoore
28-Dec-05, 15:22
you better watch it will be you nextHaha..how did you guess..

Jeid
28-Dec-05, 22:49
Oh, well let me retort, I was not aware that it was a personal joke between you and ice box.

A clique? Hardly, I don't even know anyone that posts on this here general board. I think the Reputation system is poor(go check the reputation thread) and therefor don't see the point in giving people bad reputations.

landmarker
28-Dec-05, 22:59
first time in a year or more.
'Who knows where the time goes' a Sandy Denny track.
Very apt as we approach 2006!
I can remember when the date would have sounded like science fiction to me.

Oh Well. (yes, played that today as well, Fleetwood Mac c.1968)

Alan
(keen to learn more about Caithness)

Rheghead
28-Dec-05, 23:00
I have been listening to 'The Best of the Best Air Guitar Albums in the World..Ever' and have tried to sit quietly, now this is the musical version challenge of putting a Rowntrees Fruit Pastille in your mouth and not chewing. You just end up air guitaring!!

shrek_donkey
28-Dec-05, 23:07
sorry you were'nt to know that i should'nt have posted about take that sorry jeid.

Saveman
29-Dec-05, 11:51
I have been listening to 'The Best of the Best Air Guitar Albums in the World..Ever' and have tried to sit quietly, now this is the musical version challenge of putting a Rowntrees Fruit Pastille in your mouth and not chewing. You just end up air guitaring!!

Reminds me of trying to eat a big sugary ring doughnut as a kid and being told not to lick your lips while doing it! Just impossible!
Been listening too:
Idlewild - Warnings/Promises
Coldplay - X&Y
Amongst other things.....

PS. Somerfield sell Ring Doughnuts (or "Gravy Rings" if you're from my old stomping ground) for 3 for 80pish and they taste just like they used to when I was a kid, deeelish!.........maybe this should be in Recommendations :D

shrek_donkey
29-Dec-05, 13:42
I am listening to James Blunt ,The Proclaimers, Keane, JCB Song.

MadPict
29-Dec-05, 16:55
Just added to iPod -
Turin Brakes - "JackInABox"
Roxy Music - "Roxy Music" and "For Your Pleasure"

zappster
29-Dec-05, 18:32
Jake E Lee-Retraced
George Lynch-Furious George
Yngwie malmsteen- marching out
Yngwie malmsteen-odyssey
Xmas pressies from ma ace family!!

jamesmoore
29-Dec-05, 19:47
Queen.. I want to break free

shrek_donkey
29-Dec-05, 20:06
Queen are great one of the best groups ever.

ice box
29-Dec-05, 23:16
I wish you would . haha

jamesmoore
29-Dec-05, 23:19
I wish you would . hahaOOOOOoooo me Toooo...im a big girls blouse really...

ice box
29-Dec-05, 23:22
OOOOOoooo me Toooo...im a big girls blouse really...
You sound like a big girl . lol

angela5
29-Dec-05, 23:27
James Blunt album

ice box
29-Dec-05, 23:36
No one for take that then ?

jamesmoore
29-Dec-05, 23:37
No one for take that then ?MMm dont tempt me!!

ice box
29-Dec-05, 23:41
MMm dont tempt me!!
Go on you know you want to .

futurelegends
30-Dec-05, 00:27
All Highly Recommended:

Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill (Acoustic)
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang
Neil Young - Prairie Wind.

Beppo91
30-Dec-05, 23:01
i just usually listen to things like The Kilers, System of a down, Bon jovi, Kasier Chiefs, And club music things like that

Saveman
30-Dec-05, 23:08
System of a Down in the same sentence as Bon Jovi???
Good on ya! :)

Beppo91 whats your favourite SOAD song? and Bon Jovi song?

Sporran
31-Dec-05, 01:08
Oooh, you would have to mention Bon Jovi, SAVEY! You've got me swooning now, lol! I love so many of their songs, that I can't decide which one I like best! 'Crossroad' is my fave album, and I like Richie Sambora's solo albums too.

Saveman
31-Dec-05, 01:16
Dry County is a good song. But I will admit to no more than that!

unicorn
31-Dec-05, 13:50
Eurythmics greatest hits......... hmmmmmmm starting to feel old but its still good!

unicorn
01-Jan-06, 15:46
chillin out today to James Blunt, Rob Thomas and Damien Rice niiiiiiiice.....

krieve
01-Jan-06, 16:11
chillin out today to James Blunt, Rob Thomas and Damien Rice niiiiiiiice.....
James Blunt and damien rice are great what like is Rob Thomas is he good.

unicorn
01-Jan-06, 16:39
he is excellent goes well with the other 2 very similar style.

Sporran
01-Jan-06, 16:52
I've been enjoying some of my jazz music over the past few days. I'm a big fan of Paul Hardcastle, and have most of his albums, from both his self-titled and Jazzmasters series. All of his material is great jazz dance music, just as he describes it himself. I've also been giving spin to Acoustic Alchemy, who are indeed pure magic on guitar, in their jazz/new age fashion. Must look out some more jazzy stuff to play! :D

Saveman
01-Jan-06, 17:10
Anyone heard Antony and the Johnsons?
What a creepy voice! Excellent stuff.

genisis
01-Jan-06, 22:52
I'm very easy pleased but just love to lie back and listen to a decent bit of Bob Dylan

landmarker
01-Jan-06, 23:13
Anyone heard Antony and the Johnsons?
What a creepy voice! Excellent stuff.

Yes, I saw a thrity minute prog on this person the other night on telly.
At first I honestly thought he was an overweight woman, but doubts crept in when I realised the lyrical content of his songs. Many about transgender issues.

He does have a most unusual voice and sings haunting songs. He also seems like a decent bloke - if a bit unsettling - with certain gender issues not of his making and not ideal for anybody.

I wouldn't buy his stuff I dont think, I dont buy much of owt these days. However I did plump for 'Best of Runrig' a couple of weeks ago and it's proved an excellent choice.

Alan

Saveman
02-Jan-06, 14:27
Yes, I saw a thrity minute prog on this person the other night on telly.
At first I honestly thought he was an overweight woman, but doubts crept in when I realised the lyrical content of his songs. Many about transgender issues.

<snip>

Alan

Really? I hadn't noticed, I just seen him and his band on Later... and it was outstandingly different....in a good way.

He's got some free mp3s here: http://music.download.com/antonyandthejohnsons

Sporran
16-Jan-06, 21:46
I'm currently giving spin to 'It's Time' by Michael Buble. Michael is my favourite pop crooner revivalist, and has been since I first heard his debut album 3 years ago. This young singer was mentored by fellow Canadian crooner Paul Anka, mostly of 1950s and 60s fame.

I have the special edition of the CD with 2 extra tracks, including 'Mack the Knife', which was made famous by Bobby Darin in 1959. All the songs on this album are wonderful, including Michael's own composition, 'Home', a dreamy, romantic number.

MadPict
10-Feb-06, 16:16
Latest on the 'turntable' -

Turin Brakes - The Optimist LP
The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops
Roni Size/Reprazent - Newforms

scotsboy
10-Feb-06, 17:26
The Prodigy - Their Law (Singles 1990-2005)
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
Martyn Bennett - Grit

MadPict
10-Feb-06, 17:36
Another Martyn Bennett listener - I have Bothy Culture....

scotsboy
10-Feb-06, 17:45
I have Grit and Glen Lyon.

Grit is a fantastic piece of work.

paris
10-Feb-06, 17:45
George Thorogood, absolute heaven ! R&R.

MadPict
10-Feb-06, 17:56
Wan't Glen Lyon the one with his mother reading poetry? I heard some of it and didn't really like it - I will give Grit a listen though...

scotsboy
10-Feb-06, 18:20
It is his mither, singing traditional gaelic songs.........not really my cup of tea, which is why I was listening to Grit, which is a BELTER.

DeePee
10-Feb-06, 18:22
Malcolm Middleton, James Taylor, Adam Freeland, Daft Punk.

DW
14-Feb-06, 01:11
Just discovered Lemon Jelly thanks to the lovely people in the Surf Cafe at the harbour - ACE

MadPict
14-Feb-06, 01:30
Is that the 64-95 album? You might enjoy St Germain - "Tourist" is a good one to start with.

DW
14-Feb-06, 09:21
Lost Horizons & KY are the 2 albums - Lemon Jelly - that I have.

Sporran
21-Feb-06, 20:59
My most recent spinees are:

CELTIC WOMAN - A beautiful, Enya-esque album, featuring several angelic sounding Irish songstresses. It exceeded my expectations, and I highly recommend it!

AMORE MUSICA - Russell Watson's first album since his throat surgery, and he still has an amazing voice! I have just about all of his CDs, and this one tops the lot!

AMORE - Andrea Bocelli's recently released new album, which came out just in time for Valentine's Day. It's a gorgeous, romantic album, and includes a couple of songs sung in English. Andrea keeps getting better and better all the time, in my opinion!

WeeBurd
21-Feb-06, 22:06
Really loving Clap You Hands Say Yeah right now.

And of course Idlewild, the mainstay on my mp3!

cuddlepop
21-Feb-06, 22:11
I've got two on the go just now.Got given The Jams greatest hits and bought Richard Ashcrofts both are brilliant in there own right:o)

futurelegends
21-Feb-06, 22:22
10,000 Maniacs - In My Tribe: Absolutely brilliant stuff from the Eighties featuring Natalie Merchant on Vocals - Pure Class.

The Soundtrack of Our Lives - 'Behind the Music' and 'Origin Vol.1': Both Outstanding - First heard them on Jools H.

Def Leppard - Yeah! (Pre-Release): Take my word for it, You'll Love it.

MadPict
22-Feb-06, 00:02
The Soundtrack of Our Lives - 'Behind the Music' and 'Origin Vol.1': Both Outstanding - First heard them on Jools H.

I have "Origin Vol 1" and actually looked at "Behind the Music" in my branch of FOPP the other day - I will now have to go back and get it if you say it is worth it....

Bingobabe
22-Feb-06, 00:49
i tend to drift back and fourth from a variety of diffrent artists i love all of ocean colour scene albums pure class then theres always bob marley for a chill out day and of course ub40 who are legends in my eyes also quite prone to the bluetones also but have to have some dance tunes for the weekend so you can have good boogie:p ;)

Sporran
07-Mar-06, 05:48
Breaking away from my mellow music for a while, I've been listening to Bon Jovi, Creed and Nickelback over the past couple of days.

Bon Jovi's "Have A Nice Day" album took a few plays to grow on me, but grow on me it has!

Creed's "Greatest Hits" album is indeed great, and I can't believe I waited this long to buy anything by them!

Nickelback's "All the Right Reasons" is the second of their albums that I've bought, and it's worth every nickel... er, I mean penny! I like it even more than "Silver Side Up!"! :o)

weefee
07-Mar-06, 15:01
James - Laid
Pink Floyd - meddle
Dandy Worholes - come down
stereophonics (god i love kelly jones!) language, sex, violence, other?
stone roses - stone roses
Kings of Leon
oops almost forgot Jack johnson

have to say find leonard cohen a bit dull, tho i love his songs, i thought famous blue raincoat covered by jennifer warnes was brilliant.

angela5
07-Mar-06, 15:25
I just can't stop listening to.... Eagles greatest hits..:o)

Peaceful easy feeling and lyin'eyes are my favourite..

obiron
07-Mar-06, 15:27
in the cd player just now is johnny cash greatest hits.

krieve
07-Mar-06, 15:31
Badger Badger badger badger badger lol

willowbankbear
08-Mar-06, 18:17
A bit of Kelly Clarkson & KT Tunstall . The latter released all her better tracks in my opinion

Sporran
13-Mar-06, 01:53
I bought David Gilmour's newly released "On an Island" CD, which came out this past week. I'd say it's a "must have" for fans of Pink Floyd. The album is laid-back and relaxing, and age has not diminished Dave's vocal or guitar playing abilities, by any means. We are also treated to the vocal harmonies of David Crosby and Graeme Nash on the title track. There are some atmospheric instrumental numbers, such as "Red Sky at Night", which is one of my favourites. Every track, vocal and otherwise, is a gem, in my opinion! :cool:

teuchter
14-Mar-06, 14:35
Hayseed Dixie - A hot piece of grass

There own material is much better than there covers. You just cant help but smile listening to them.

MadPict
14-Mar-06, 17:50
Currently listening to "Music is Math" by Boards of Canada - a Scottish band I believe.

I find myself tuning into Radioio a lot these days, and usually the Ambient stream - http://radioio.com/radioioambient.php - where the above track is playing.
They have other genres to choose from if you need something with a bit more pizzaz, and if you register you can get CD quality sound.

I have been using Griffin iFill to record the streams direct onto the iPod. iFill even 'tags' the tracks with artist/title information so you can scroll through the resulting playlist to fav tracks.

The ads on Radioio have become a bit more intrusive of late, but if you pay for a 'SoundPass" the ads are removed. As I am listening to this 'station' more lately I may just pay to do this.

tam
15-Mar-06, 00:16
I just can't stop listening to.... Eagles greatest hits..:o)

Peaceful easy feeling and lyin'eyes are my favourite..

good call,hotel california is another great album

regards tam

angela5
15-Mar-06, 00:20
good call,hotel california is another great album

regards tam

Take it easy.
Doolin dalton.
Tequila sunrise.

There all great songs..and most frequently played.:grin:

tam
15-Mar-06, 00:27
Take it easy.
Doolin dalton.
Tequila sunrise.

There all great songs..and most frequently played.:grin:

yea its also good driving music
hot sunny days mmmmm

regards tam

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Mar-06, 00:28
Just got Marillions'Clutching at Straws' on Ebay.Just waiting for Mr Postie tae deliver it to ma door.

angela5
15-Mar-06, 00:29
yea its also good driving music
hot sunny days mmmmm

regards tam

Very true tam...although not all of my windows are rolled down..and it's just at a nice level..no hair gel on me....[lol] [lol] [lol]

angela5
15-Mar-06, 00:31
Just got Marillions'Clutching at Straws' on Ebay.Just waiting for Mr Postie tae deliver it to ma door.

cedric..the last time i waited on something from e-bay postman pat could of delivered it quicker..(walking)[lol] [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Mar-06, 00:32
Very true tam...although not all of my windows are rolled down..and it's just at a nice level..no hair gel on me....[lol] [lol] [lol]

Nae hair gel on me either.........no for a long,long time!!!!!:cry:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Mar-06, 00:33
cedric..the last time i waited on something from e-bay postman pat could of delivered it quicker..(walking)[lol] [lol]

Ye could be right Angela,I won ma bid in 1999.........:lol: :lol:

tam
15-Mar-06, 00:34

aye a wish i had enough hair for gel !
such is life

tam

airdlass
15-Mar-06, 22:08
My music tastes go from one extreme to the other at the moment!
I love Green Day(my son just shakes his head!)but also Dixie Chicks,Emmylou Harris,Sheila Henderson(from Shetland) and then perhaps a bit of Christie Moore! I also love the Eagles,never get sick of listening to them.

scrapydoo
20-Mar-06, 12:27
lmao rednex cotton eye joe

_awayoflife_
20-Mar-06, 12:30
got to be creed for me just now =) and the counting crows

ice box
20-Mar-06, 12:32
Now have'nt heard that since i was about 12 lol

scrapydoo
20-Mar-06, 12:36
mouse t horney lol

willowbankbear
20-Mar-06, 12:44
Kelly Clarkson, while watching your uncle Scrappydoo[lol]

MadPict
29-Mar-06, 15:07
This week I am mostly listening to -

Donald Fagen - Morph The Cat
Skin - Fake Chemical State
Jethro Tull - The Very Best of....

zebedy
29-Mar-06, 15:10
Falter - Midgits, Giants and dolphins

Local Perth band played the redwood couple of weeks ago!

Billy Boy
29-Mar-06, 15:13
just listening to waterboys. red army blues:D

scotsboy
29-Mar-06, 15:23
The Silencers - Letter from St Paul

Jeid
29-Mar-06, 15:29
I am totally loving Dream Theater just now. They are amazing!

porshiepoo
29-Mar-06, 17:59
At this moment I'm singing along to Buttercup Baby. Fantastic song, guaranteed to get you wanting to dance along.
Oops, now we've changed to Patrick Swayze and that nice but silly song about being the wind through someones tree!????

obiron
29-Mar-06, 18:39
was looking for "Dont look back into the sun" by the libertines finally got it on ebay so its not been out the cd player for the past week.

rich
31-Mar-06, 21:39
Lucinda Williams "Dirt tracks and gravel roads" - has a marvellous song called Lake Charles. Makes me think of New Orleans.
ALso spending a lot of time with Sidney Bechet listening to the Properbox 4 cd compilation. More New Orleans!
Finally the John Coltrane/Thelonious Monk Carnegie Hall concert - the tapes were apparently discovered in stored material from the old Riverside label. The sound is amazing and the music impeccable. Also last year the discovery of more Coltrane from the Half Note club in New York. Sorry I haven't the title of the CD to hand but it is easilly found. These tapes had been stored away and forgotten about in his house on Long Island.
The preservation of the Coltrane House is close to the heart of my wife who is from Long Island.
Anyay - 2 new Coltrane CDs. Who'd have thunk it!!!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
31-Mar-06, 21:43
X&Y by Coldplay.We got it a while back and listened to it every now and again,but really getting back into it again.

pultneytooner
31-Mar-06, 21:53
Steve Harley and cockney rebel

the original ducky
31-Mar-06, 21:55
right now im love listening to jack johnston im a big fan hes really good would also katie tunstill she fab what a voice on her eh? im alway listening to tune right now. the best song that i like is lifehouse spin. just now that is. lol

krieve
05-Apr-06, 16:07
At the moment i am listening to Travis-singles

MadPict
08-Apr-06, 16:26
Bought "The Back Room" by Editors today - has a 80's feel to some of the songs, which is a bit reminiscent of Echo and The Bunnymen and U2, and other bands which I am trying to put a finger on.

scotsboy
08-Apr-06, 16:55
Portishead - Dummy

Sporran
13-Apr-06, 21:03
Right now I'm listening to one of my fave albums 'Around The Next Dream' by BBM (aka Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, formerly of Cream, and 'Still Got The Blues' Gary Moore, formerly of Thin Lizzy). I believe this 1994 release was the only album that BBM came out with - it's a pity they didn't collaborate any further, in my opinion. 'Around The Next Dream' very reminiscent of Cream's music, but with a more bluesy edge to it.

Next on my playlist is 'The Very Best Of Cream', followed by some Eric Clapton, perhaps....

ice box
13-Apr-06, 21:14
The same thing on an on an on .

Isis
13-Apr-06, 21:22
Portishead - Dummy

Haven't listened to that in years!

I think I will dig it out just now though - great album!

I'm listening to Sigur Ros at the moment - the BBC used one of their songs for Planet Earth?!

willowbankbear
13-Apr-06, 23:15
Ian Brown- Greatest Hits has been on a lot this week,HE got a lot of stick for being a poor singer, But king monkey for me[lol]

mareng
13-Apr-06, 23:30
Gary Glitter.

Come on, come on..............................................

willowbankbear
13-Apr-06, 23:38
Gary Glitter.

Come on, come on..............................................

Thats asking for a sick joke Mareng isnt it? I wont add coz Ill get banned :lol:

weezer 316
13-Apr-06, 23:51
At this moment in time, I am listening to 'down in a hole' by Alice in Chains, and will no doubt listen to the whole album during the course of the night, which is called dirt.

Sporran
14-Apr-06, 02:11
At this moment in time, I am listening to 'down in a hole' by Alice in Chains, and will no doubt listen to the whole album during the course of the night, which is called dirt.

My sons got me hooked on Alice In Chains a few years ago, and I still enjoy listening to their music and watching their videos. Sad that Layne Staley, their lead singer, met an untimely death, like so many musical talents!

The following is an apt write up:

"Early '90s rock fans were a divided lot - and not an easy crowd to please. One side of the fan base gravitated towards post '80s commercial riff-rock from arena bands, while the other side immersed themselves in raw, Seattle grunge and punk. Alice In Chains, with their aggressive, alt-metal distinctiveness, hooks, and dark lyrics, had the magical ability to fuse fan dichotomy, transcend genres and trends, and become one of the definitive heavy metal bands of the early '90s."

sjwahwah
14-Apr-06, 02:19
is Layne Staley really dead? I saw him... like 2 years ago in Glasgow... oh no wait.. that was jerry cantrell.. oops.. i'm auld n' daft

down in a hole is a brill track ay?

Sporran
14-Apr-06, 02:39
is Layne Staley really dead? I saw him... like 2 years ago in Glasgow... oh no wait.. that was jerry cantrell.. oops.. i'm auld n' daft

down in a hole is a brill track ay?

Yep, it must have been Jerry Cantrell, who was also a lead member of Alice In Chains. Layne Staley died 4 years ago, on April 5th 2002, just a few months before his 35th birthday.

And yes, I like that track too.

Chobbersjnr
14-Apr-06, 02:52
Paul Simon--One Trick Pony, Negotiations & Love Songs and Rhythm Of The Saints

& thats it for ages now...........I listen to the same thing for a while & then look for something else

JAWS
14-Apr-06, 06:11
Ride of the Valkyries - It stirs my soul.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Tom Cornwall
14-Apr-06, 20:39
I just got the new Van Morrison album, ..it's a wee gem..If you never knew that Van Morrison did 'Country' ..you'll be surprised...it's great.

obiron
14-Apr-06, 20:44
me and the kids were dancing around to girls aloud singing love machine. the young chills pop party cd.
me ive gone back into the killers.

footie chick
14-Apr-06, 20:49
me and the kids were dancing around to girls aloud singing love machine.

Kids seem to have it on repeat and dont listen to anything else drive you insane!!! Give me Embrace any day or Jimmy Barnes!

WeeBurd
14-Apr-06, 20:52
Bought "The Back Room" by Editors today - has a 80's feel to some of the songs, which is a bit reminiscent of Echo and The Bunnymen and U2, and other bands which I am trying to put a finger on.

A bit Joy Division, no?

bagpuss
15-Apr-06, 23:32
This lot will date me:
anything and everything by Al Stewart
The new David Gilmour album- and all the old Pink Floyd stuff
All of Jack Johnson
Katie Melhua
Joe Cocker

unicorn
15-Apr-06, 23:35
I only recently discovered k-maro, excellent music.

highlander
16-Apr-06, 17:37
BBC Radio PLAYER
James Watt Big Night In
Motown and 70s hits
brill music, brings back loads of memories

weezer 316
16-Apr-06, 19:10
Im a bit young for that im afraid, although i was listening to disco inferno earlier. Only memory it brought back for me was of a duck jiggin in a bath!

Sry