PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used megabus?

emszxr
30-Apr-08, 14:09
hi. i used this this morn and booked 2 seats. and at bottom of email to confirm payment has been made, it says stagecoach will contact you with to indicate your order has been accepted. how long does this usually take, does anyone know. and do you just print off the acceptance letter and issue it to bus driver or do you have to go to bus depot to get tickets.

1st time ive used this sertvice, hoping someone can shed a little bit of light. ta

hobbes1962
30-Apr-08, 14:21
Its been two years since I last used Megabus but from what I remember the confirmation of payment email comes pretty quickly, and yes, you just print off the email. If I remember rightly, it should have a booking reference on the email.

Murdina Bug
30-Apr-08, 15:07
Just a word of warning! My relatives use this service a lot between Glasgow and Caithness and always reserve seats. The last time they changed buses at Inverness they were in plenty of time as they were just waiting at the station. About 10mins before departure time a woman from the ticket office shouted for reserved seats to board the bus, then let everyone else waiting board. Just before/at departure time some people with reserved seats turned up and there was no space for them. So, get there early as they obviously don't tally reserved seats with actual numbers boarding!

rfr10
30-Apr-08, 16:16
I have used the Megabus service from Inverness-Glasgow many times and have to say they are a very good service. It is low cost for a start. When you book a reservation online, at the end of your payment, a page will apear which will highlight your reservation number in red writing. You need to take note of this number to use the service. If you'd rather print the email reservation- usually within 1 minute of you placing your booking, you will be sent an email which can be printed and used as your tickets as it has your journey reservation number printed on it. Whatever way you chose (Online, email, mobile etc..) you must take note of your reservation number. Very rarely, I have had to wait a couple of hours before I had been sent the reservation number via email. You should receive it within this time and if not, I would contact Megabus/ Stagecoach.

You must appear at least 10 mintues before your departure time but usually you will find a queue beginning to form about 30 minutes before departure time. You will be told where to put your luggage and then you board the bus and hand your reservation number over to the service representative. Only people with reservations are guaranteed a seat. If for some reason, the bus is over crowded and there are no seats left, they will do their best to get you on another bus to the same destination. You need to be careful which bus you get on though as the service number and destination changes the whole time. Sometimes it may say M90 Edinburgh, M9 Edinburgh, M10 Glasgow, perth.. etc... The driver or a company official will tell you which bus goes where. You need to listen carefully though as sometimes it is very difficult to hear. If you need to change buses to complete your journey, you will be given a transfer ticket which you must present for onward travel.

Angela
30-Apr-08, 17:05
I'd agree with everything you've said, rfr10. I use megabus to travel from Edinburgh to Perth and find it really good. The only problem I've had is identifying which service is the number I want as it's not always obvious.

The drivers and other staff are always pretty helpful though.:)

It's not clear either that when it says Perth bus station on the timetable and reservation email, it means it actually drops you off at the park & ride where you get a shuttle (very good prompt free service) to the bus station, or to a more convenient stop in town.

The earlier you book, the cheaper the ticket -in my case a week in advance costs £1, but if I leave it until a day or two before travelling, it could be £4.50 (still good value).

Just a word of warning to anybody coming to Edinburgh on the coach in the near future -St Andrew's Square is being dug up for the trams and if you need a taxi the rank's no longer right outside. As I discovered! :eek:

I've found it's quickest and easiest to go to the back (Elder Street) entrance and call one from there.

emszxr
30-Apr-08, 17:47
ta , i finally got sorted. i am on the 7:10am bus from inverness. i am going to have to get up at half 4 to get down there in time.

cheers for replies