PDA

View Full Version : Which has more calories?

bigjjuk
30-Apr-08, 12:19
Right guys and gals
My better half is on a diet, but still wants to partake in a tipple, so which of these two treats contain the most calories

Red Wine or Vodka and Diet Coke.

I think the red wine, but i could be wrong and this is based on a standard glass or nip of each.

Blondie
30-Apr-08, 12:21
The red wine.

TBH
30-Apr-08, 12:28
Right guys and gals
My better half is on a diet, but still wants to partake in a tipple, so which of these two treats contain the most calories

I think the red wine, but i could be wrong and this is based on a standard glass or nip of each.Just had a look and apparently a glass of red wine has about 85 calories and a vodka/diet coke would have around 54. Based on the same measure size the vodka and coke would have the most calories.

karia
30-Apr-08, 12:35
125mls red wine = 85 cals

25mls vodka =56 cals

Added to that spirits have hardly any carbohydrate content so suitable for low-carb diets unlike wine.

Also wine tends to stimulate the appetite, at least it does with me!:lol:

karia
30-Apr-08, 12:39
. Based on the same measure size the vodka and coke would have the most calories.

It's doubtful they will be pouring 125ml measures of vodka and the diet cola will only give 1 or 2 cals

If they are pouring such large measures I hope they invite me to their next party.;)

TBH
30-Apr-08, 13:31
It's doubtful they will be pouring 125ml measures of vodka and the diet cola will only give 1 or 2 cals

If they are pouring such large measures I hope they invite me to their next party.;)I was only saying that vodka has more calories than red wine per like for like measure, nothing wrong with that is there?

SunsetSong
30-Apr-08, 14:05
I think I remember reading somewhere that vodka is the best alcoholic beverage for someone on a diet....fewest calories.

If there is another one out there that is lower and better for you then please let me know!! lol....I have a couple of weddings to go to and some parties over the summer but desperately need to loose 3 stone for health reasons!!!

karia
30-Apr-08, 15:54
I was only saying that vodka has more calories than red wine per like for like measure, nothing wrong with that is there?

Not at all.......you were giving a general overview rather than how it would be applied in this case.

The original post did state standard size glass or 'nip' as his criteria.

Penelope Pitstop
30-Apr-08, 17:02
Right guys and gals

I think the red wine, but i could be wrong and this is based on a standard glass or nip of each.

Tell her not to worry ......have both....she won't be bothered about the diet then.....:lol:

At a guess I would say the red wine.

Penelope Pitstop
30-Apr-08, 17:08
125mls red wine = 85 cals

Added to that spirits have hardly any carbohydrate content so suitable for low-carb diets unlike wine.

Wine also has a very low carbohydrate content. White wine a little lower than dry red. Sweet red (pudding wine) different again as not all of the grape sugar has been converted to alcohol.

Montagnac method recommends a glass of red wine while on this eating plan, but no spirits....