PDA

View Full Version : Try this psychic site

Ashes
19-Nov-05, 21:38
Try this out see what you think, does it work for you.
Kind regards Ashes
http://trunks.secondfoundation.org/files/psychic.swf

Venture
19-Nov-05, 21:45
Really spooky. No matter how many times I did it, it came up with the right symbol.

phoenix
19-Nov-05, 21:45
Worked for me ..........the power of thought eh! Daresay DrSzin will explain though!:}

Hi Ashes Im Phoenix:}

girnigoe
19-Nov-05, 23:24
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! How on earth does it work?? I did it about 10 times and it worked every time. That is SPPOOOOKKKKYYYY

golach
19-Nov-05, 23:35
Sorry it never worked for me, maybe its because I'm an old sceptic

porshiepoo
19-Nov-05, 23:36
It'd be interesting to find out how it actually works!

evelyn
19-Nov-05, 23:46
Get a few folk round the computer at the same time, do the task a couple of times and that should help you work out whether its psychic or not!
evelyn

girnigoe
19-Nov-05, 23:49
Get a few folk round the computer at the same time, do the task a couple of times and that should help you work out whether its psychic or not!
evelyn

So have you tried that then Evelyn? Im really interested to find out how it all works???

Sandra_B
20-Nov-05, 13:26
I tried it twice....it was wrong both times.

luskentyre
20-Nov-05, 13:54
I tried it twice....it was wrong both times.

It's mathematically impossible for it to be wrong!

Try 28. That's 28 - (2 + 8) = 18

_Ju_
20-Nov-05, 14:56
I know how it works but Crayola won't let me tell.......bbbuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaa
:( :( :(

Am I forgiven, Crayola???:cool:

crayola
20-Nov-05, 14:56
Yes, it's always right. It only fails if you can't do simple arithmetic. You're showing yourselves up Sandra_B & golach lol lol lol

It took me a few attempts to figure out how it works, it's not psychic. Unfortunately. :(

I won't spoil the fun yet.

Ach, Ju posted at the same time and spoiled it! Go back and edit your post you spoilsport!

_Ju_
20-Nov-05, 15:02
Yes, it's always right. It only fails if you can't do simple arithmetic. You're showing yourselves up Sandra_B & golach lol lol lol

It took me a few attempts to figure out how it works, it's not psychic. Unfortunately. :(

I won't spoil the fun yet.

Ach, Ju posted at the same time and spoiled it! Go back and edit your post you spoilsport!

Awwww..sorry Crayola....didn't mean to........ please forgive me!!!

crayola
20-Nov-05, 15:10
I'll forgive you if you go back and edit out the explanation. Only a few people will have seen it, and it's fun trying to work out how it works.

Go on, be big-hearted, you know it's the right thing to do. :)

_Ju_
20-Nov-05, 15:27
Its a done deed, Crayola.....

crayola
20-Nov-05, 15:30
I know how it works but Crayola won't let me tell.......bbbuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaa

Am I forgiven, Crayola???:cool:
Absolutely :)

Don't you think it's fun to work out? I had very definite Eureka moment.

Thanks ;)

(I had to edit out some of your smileys in oder to add mine lol lol)

_Ju_
20-Nov-05, 15:38
There is a dead give away that I noticed that I can't mention without spoiling it. But its a very good directional trick. It keeps you concentrated on one thing, directioning you away from the dinamics going on. That is hat tricks are all about

Naefearjustbeer
20-Nov-05, 15:47
It just shows how easy it is convince people of psychic stuff LOL!! simple maths.

EDDIE
20-Nov-05, 16:09
It does wotk if you read the instructions correctly very clever idea who ever thought of that has to much time on there hands.

golach
20-Nov-05, 16:57

please change me to an owld stupid sceptic, I have learned a valuable lesson today, LEARN to read the instructions !!!!! [disgust]

spiggie
20-Nov-05, 18:34
okay. this is how it works. do it several times BEFORE you click on the orb. you will find no matter what number you chose, the symbol is the same for that time. Easy.

_Ju_
20-Nov-05, 21:42
okay. this is how it works. do it several times BEFORE you click on the orb. you will find no matter what number you chose, the symbol is the same for that time. Easy.

Spiggie, still doesn't explain how it works..... can I do it now??? please?;)

crayola
20-Nov-05, 22:37
Go on then. Get it off your chest, it'll do you good. :)

girnigoe
21-Nov-05, 00:26
Yeah go on Ju and put me oot o my misery! PPLLEEAASSEEEEEE!!!! If you dont want to spoil it for the others then PM me.

William
21-Nov-05, 00:33
If you concentrate on one number 28 2+8 = 18 right so the symbol will be beside 18 ok click it it comes up do the same number again and the picture beside 18 is different and it is also the one that will be in the orb

girnigoe
21-Nov-05, 01:01
Yeah okay thats a theory but I tried just concentrating on a symbol and then pressing the button and it worked - showed me the symbol I was concentrating on - it worked that way 10 times in a row!!

William
21-Nov-05, 01:10
ok maybay i never explained my self right

24 is 2+4 = 6 ok then take 6 from 24 = 18 ok
28 is 2+8 = 10 then take 10 from 28 = 18 again

now

18 is 1+8 = 9 ok then take 9 from 18 = 9
15 is 1+5 = 6 then take 6 from 15 =9

So in that same thing number 18 and 9 and all the other possibles have the same pic and that is also the pic that will apear in the orb

Here is another one same thing: http://www.mysticalball.com/

girnigoe
21-Nov-05, 01:55
AAAAAAHHHHH. I have just noticed that whatever number you end up with is always in the 9 times table i.e 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, etc etc - so obviously if you can count correctly its going to guess the correct symbol as if you notice the symbol is always the same beside 9, 18, 27, 34, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81, 90,

Its really clever though - Just spooked my hubby too!!

William
21-Nov-05, 01:56
yeah you got it and described it better than me to lol ( must be great to be clever :P)

DrSzin
21-Nov-05, 11:39
William & Girnigoe are absolutely right of course -- even if it took the latter a wee whilee to get there ;)

It's not hard to show that the number you end up with will always be a multiple of 9. A sketch of a proof might go along the following lines:
Let nm represent a two-digit number (eg if nm = 73, then n = 7 and m = 3).
If nm is a multiple of 9 then (n+m) is also a multiple of 9 -- most people know this, and it isn't too hard to prove.
Now let p be a number in the interval [0,8]. If nm is "p less than a multiple of 9", then n+m is also "p less than a multiple of 9", and so the difference between them, namely [nm-(n+m)], is again a multiple of 9.Hmm, that was a bit wordy and I've missed out a few technical details, but that's about it really...

Neat trick though. :D

porshiepoo
21-Nov-05, 11:51
William & Girnigoe are absolutely right of course -- even if it took the latter a wee whilee to get there ;)

It's not hard to show that the number you end up with will always be a multiple of 9. A sketch of a proof might go along the following lines:

Let nm represent a two-digit number (eg if nm = 73, then n = 7 and m = 3).
If nm is a multiple of 9 then (n+m) is also a multiple of 9 -- most people know this, and it isn't too hard to prove.
Now let p be a number in the interval [0,8]. If nm is "p less than a multiple of 9", then n+m is also "p less than a multiple of 9", and so the difference between them, namely [nm-(n+m)], is again a multiple of 9.Hmm, that was a bit wordy and I've missed out a few technical details, but that's about it really...

Neat trick though. :D

lol. You've missed out technical bits :confused: lol. Where?????????
Much prefer the other versions, they're alot less erm... technical! :)

DrSzin
21-Nov-05, 12:09
lol. You've missed out technical bits :confused: lol. Where?????????
Much prefer the other versions, they're alot less erm... technical! :) The others didn't explain why the number you end up with is a multiple of 9. So there :p

As for the technical bits -- my tongue was placed firmly in my cheek, but it is indeed the case. :)

phoenix
21-Nov-05, 22:22
Just knew you would enlighten us DrSzin!

cezzy1234
21-Nov-05, 22:32
it never worked for me eather

_Ju_
21-Nov-05, 22:47
it never worked for me eather

Cezzy, you have to be doing something wrong. Are you checking the symbol after you clicked on the ball and then on try again??? Either that or your arithmatic isn't adding up....

caithnessgirl
22-Nov-05, 13:49
I can't work it out....please share!!!

lasher
22-Nov-05, 14:00
I can't work it out....please share!!!

Put simply( I'll try anyway)
Whatever number you choose, you will end up with a multiple of 9.(9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81). All these numbers are always the same symbol as each other, so whatever number you choose it's the same symbol.
p.s. when you press try again the symbols all swap around, so it gives the impression that it guesses correct every time.