PDA

View Full Version : The X Factor

krieve
19-Nov-05, 20:38
Who do you think will win The X Factor?

Sandra
19-Nov-05, 20:58
It should have been Maria but she's out. I would like Brenda or Journey South to win.

Sandra_B
19-Nov-05, 21:00
I would like to see Andy or Brenda win.

Sandra
19-Nov-05, 21:10
Unfortunately Shayne will do well or more than likely win, cos all the young girls would vote for him cos he's cute, regardless of his singing abilities.

Karaoke Queen
19-Nov-05, 21:15
I'd like to see Journey South win. Doubt if they will though! Please don't let it be Chico for gaawdsake :rolleyes:

porshiepoo
19-Nov-05, 21:17
Actually none of them rock my boat, but I think it'd have to be Andy!

Karaoke Queen
19-Nov-05, 21:21
You must be an old fogey then Porshiepoo :rolleyes:

porshiepoo
19-Nov-05, 21:24
Why!!!!!!!

Venture
19-Nov-05, 21:41
Thought Sharon Osborne was a bit unfair on The Conway Sisters tonight by dragging up last week's fiasco. Might have been better if she hadn't mentioned it. It was embarassing for the group and for Maria who was sitting in the audience. Likewise I hope to God that that stupid Chico dosen't win. It makes a mockery of the whole contest when you know that he can't sing. By last week's public vote its obvious folk aren't voting for talent by putting Maria in the bottom two. I hope Journey South win but I think it will probably end up being Shane.

perdomcgrory
19-Nov-05, 22:00
chico........

phoenix
19-Nov-05, 22:06
Whey hey! I was going to say Chico too but thought Id get lynched by the anti Chico mob!

perdomcgrory
19-Nov-05, 22:15
no way man.....chico rocks......we all support him in e glebe....we got flags and everything

angela5
19-Nov-05, 22:24
i'm going for chico aswell

krieve
19-Nov-05, 22:39
Looks like it is'nt going to be nicholas he was just voted out.

perdomcgrory
19-Nov-05, 22:40
result...........

Fran
20-Nov-05, 04:15
I like Bremda, and doesnt she look great now......but chico will win it, the audience roar with delight when he is on.

98elite
20-Nov-05, 12:58
Forget the talent bit, these acts rarely make it passed the one hit wonder stage, just see it as a bit of light entertainment on a Saturday night, vote Chicco, they are doing a great job in the background of setting up his stage shows, you have to admit it does put a smile on your face even if he cant sing to save himself. The kids around him were great.

dragonfly
20-Nov-05, 13:11
Andy, Brenda, Journey South or Shayne, think all could do well for different reasons. Glad Nicholas went out, he was dreadful last night! Conways sound the same no matter what song they sing, shouldn't have been saved last week, though I don't think Maria would have won it

kas
20-Nov-05, 13:35
Zoe and Ian.
Strictly come dancing is soooooooooooo much better, and having been told what happened on it last week, it shows you what a fix it is.

krieve
20-Nov-05, 15:00
Andy, Brenda, Journey South or Shayne, think all could do well for different reasons. Glad Nicholas went out, he was dreadful last night! Conways sound the same no matter what song they sing, shouldn't have been saved last week, though I don't think Maria would have won it
I would agee with you dragonfly i want Journey south, Shayne,Brenda or Andy to win.

krieve
26-Nov-05, 19:52
Who do you think is going to be voted of tonight?

RandomHero
26-Nov-05, 20:25
if theres any justice it should be the conway sisters

unicorn
26-Nov-05, 20:25
Conway sisters

Sandra
26-Nov-05, 20:35
I agree, it has to be the Conway Sisters.

porshiepoo
26-Nov-05, 20:47
The conway sisters definately.
Thought Andys performance wasn't his best though but Shayne was absolutely fantastic and journey south were good too.

Astra
26-Nov-05, 21:06
Conway sister to stay.I think there great hope they get through to the final .:cool:

Julia
27-Nov-05, 16:51
I can't believe that Chico character is still in the show, he is terrible!

I didn't paticuarly like the Conway Sisters but for them to be put out instead of him was awful, the show is so obviously fixed, Simon didn't even vote to keep his own group in the running!

As for the ultimate winner, I think Shayne, Brenda and Andy are all fantastic, it will be really hard to separate them!

'What's the time?' Time Chico developed some talent!

weeboyagee
28-Nov-05, 14:39
Aw c'mon - Chico is a class act! Entertainment at it's height - the rest have a long way to catch up on him. But what makes Chico?? That wee dancer that comes in on the side is a cracker! Chico's only let down - he talks too much after the song! The chiquettes last week were brilliant!

The Conway Sisters were totally out of it (song not right, too low etc!) but it was right that they stayed in last week - the other guy couldn't sing in tune to save his life - Shayne sings flat too by the way but yip, the young girls of modern society will ensure he probably wins, Brenda is good, Andy is good but picks "safe" songs every week - nothing challenging - old type love songs, can't go wrong, you know - that kind of stuff! It will be a tough one to call in the final!

It all depends on the song they pick - the wrong song for the voice and they've had it!

BUT....the bigger issue is - what d'you think of the judges!!??

Karaoke Queen
28-Nov-05, 14:51
And your opinion on Journey South?

krieve
28-Nov-05, 14:54
The best part of chico's act was the little boy dancing why listen to chico when you could watch the little boy he was brill

Geoff
28-Nov-05, 16:14
he is sex on legs

chico time is boring

cath

Lesta da molesta
28-Nov-05, 16:20
chico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pepsi Challenge
28-Nov-05, 16:34
The X-Factor has virtually nothing to do with music: it's a TV show. No sooner has the latest, suspiciously scrubbed wannabe hopped off stage to be greeted by a one-single record deal and a contract to Heat magazine, they will be forgotten and the next series already underway.

weeboyagee
28-Nov-05, 20:04
My opinion on Journey South? They won't go the distance in my book. They have been better than a lot of the other acts before them that are no longer part of it, but they simply have not got the strength of voice or stage presence that the rest have! Good singers and OK to listen to. Sorry, will that upset you? It's only an opinion.

What gets me is the judges! Sharon Osborne voting in the Conway sisters one week and saying it was time they went home the next - why not have put them out of their misery the week before if she was of that opinion? Loius jacking the job in then coming back because of Shayne - if he was so motivated to make sure of Shane, why jack? Loved the water throwing contest!

......but that jerk Simon!!! Crikey I can't stand that guy. Me, me, me and if there is anyone else left, me again. I can have opinions but little wonder he sent the Conway Sisters home - he had to, to save credibility with his ability to spot talent!

At the end of the day I agree with everyone and the one hit wonder point! Any bets that there were a mountain of class singers that could make it on the big scene but didn't get past the audition stage - it is all down to opportunity and money - rarely to do with sheer talent! Fun to watch all the same!

CHICO!!!! Hahaha.......WBG :cool:

Karaoke Queen
03-Dec-05, 22:49
I thought Journey South were fantastic once again!

Surely Chicco will go tonight Pleeeeaaassssseeeee

RandomHero
03-Dec-05, 22:53
Chico should go out if it's judged on talent but I think it's gonna be between him an Andy.

unicorn
03-Dec-05, 23:00
I hope andy he was boringgggggg

Chillie
03-Dec-05, 23:06
I just can not believe that so many people are watching so much rubbish as the X factor. It is all a sham making those pratt's or so called judges millions of £££££££££££££. Come on get a life people.

RandomHero
03-Dec-05, 23:30
dumbo, if you don't like it don't watch it or read posts about it. define 'life'. doing things you enjoy? people enjoy x factor, let them watch it. we are lucky enough to live in a free country and until you are dictatro, dumbo, you can not tell us what to do. so mind your own business.

unicorn
03-Dec-05, 23:43
very well said!! each to their own!

peddomcgrory
03-Dec-05, 23:46
dont worry bout it dumbo,random hero is a bit of an ass

RandomHero
03-Dec-05, 23:49
oh very good. so offended as you've judged me as a person on a post. i've been around people like you before in my proffession, and i fire them. you're no different, just like all the others.

peddomcgrory
03-Dec-05, 23:50
dont give me all that pish,your just oot e school

RandomHero
03-Dec-05, 23:52
no i'm not.

peddomcgrory
03-Dec-05, 23:53
yer biting,hehehehe

RandomHero
03-Dec-05, 23:56
this is pointless. you think i care but i don't. good day

peddomcgrory
04-Dec-05, 00:01
heheheheheheheheheheheheheh

unicorn
04-Dec-05, 00:03
awwwwwwww man its gonna be no fun now no chicco

mr bean
04-Dec-05, 00:03
I see chico out at last hip hip herrr .

mr bean
04-Dec-05, 01:09
awwwwwwww man its gonna be no fun now no chiccoGet a grip the man cant sing .

unicorn
04-Dec-05, 01:13
maybe he cant but he certainly entertained me ;)

weeboyagee
05-Dec-05, 14:25
OH NO!!!!! What a shame! Chico has gone! Only saw it on ITV2 last night after I got back "fae 'e sooth". Haha, he was always entertaining.

Journey South need to go. They're boring, can't sing in tune and are totally lifeless on stage IMHO. Shane - same but slightly better (not so lifeless). Brenda to win on last nights performances - good personality and what a voice! Andy, class singing of a timeless song second time around!

Yeah, so what those of you who think that we are sad watching this, but I must admit, having never taken to Pop Idol, I don't know why I find it so different with this programme - entertainment? So? I'm sad,...so what?......:D

AR
05-Dec-05, 14:36
When is this done? The sooner this is off the tv and 'Im A Has Been Get Me Out Of Here' as well, the better the sooner corrie repeats are back on at a sensible time!! haha

Blast!
06-Dec-05, 17:29
Couldn't care less, but to be honest, don't rate Journey South at all - they'd a b a decent cover band for the likes of skinandi's and what not though! haha

Brenda has a great voice, would need good writers to back her up with Whitney Houston style songs (old skool). Andy, well he'll just drop off the radar like that guy from last year.

Maria is the one with the most potential for a elongated career, he's young, fit, and has a good voice so that will be this years success story....if there will be one.

Personally, i find the show irritating but almost compulsive viewing - it's good entertainment, but that's all it is. They get their 5 minutes of fame just now and that'll be them.

It seems that the show has decended into a farce, Louis quit - then didn't (trying to get falling rating up perhaps?), Louis does nothing but praise praise praise, he just loved everyone, but then that the way he 'is', isn't it?

Sharon is nothing but a show-boating 'look at me, look at me' drama queen, who's in it just to say 'fabulous' and 'it's chico time' every second she opens her stupid gob. That whole 'oh i think it's going to start raining in here' thing? Come on! Get real, she's an over the top, melodramatic (if that's the correct use of the word) screen hogger, taking the focus from the real 'stars' of the show and just trying to get more exposure.

Simon Cowell is the shows saving grace, he's honest and opnionated - something the judges need to be. He's critical when he needs to be and constructivbe at the same time. And he was willing to put one of his own acts out because he felt they weren't up to standard. Bravo!

wicker
06-Dec-05, 17:39
Thank god there is others that find journey south crap so to speak, their voices just do not work together as they are totally different and boring and the cover version of candle in wind just did not work whatsoever.

Brenda though i think has an amazing voice and personality and i really hope she wins.

Karaoke Queen
06-Dec-05, 17:47
As someone who knows a thing or two about singing ;) I think Journey Souths voices are very similar and go great together. I also thought Candle in the Wind was fantastic. Had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up on end!

wicker
06-Dec-05, 17:56
But everyone has different tastes in music tho thats why the charts is filled with various stuff, personally i dont think they blend together at all.

DrSzin
06-Dec-05, 18:24
As someone who knows nothing about singing, I feel duty-bound to add my ignoramus' opinions ;) :

Well, I was impressed by Journey South initially, but I'm afraid their Candle didn't light my fire. I think their challenge has been blown to embers in the wind and the judges still haven't found what they're looking for...

Brenda's a good singer, and she'll likely win, but she can't dance and she looks so scary. :eek:

Talking of looks, I think Shayne is a computer graphic -- he's an electronic visual pastiche of Justin Timbersnake and Michael Owen. Not sure whether he sings like the former and plays footie like the latter, or vice versa. What's worse is that he talks like Robbie Williams. So he too might win.

Andy won't last another vote unless Journey South self-destruct; he sends me to, er, er, ... Zzzzzzzzzz ...

Karaoke Queen
06-Dec-05, 18:28
I don't remember the last time I saw Michael Owen 'playing football' :rolleyes:

DrSzin
06-Dec-05, 18:38
I don't remember the last time I saw Michael Owen 'playing football' Nor me KQ. One of the best moments of 2005 was watching Michael Owen biting his lip in the commentary box as Stevie Gerrard held the European Cup aloft. :)

Maybe MO & Shrek will be on next year's X Factor. They seem to play well together.

Karaoke Queen
10-Dec-05, 20:32
Another fantastic performance by Journey South!

Time for Andy to go, he sends me to sleep :rolleyes:

dragonfly
10-Dec-05, 20:59
Brenda outshone them all again tonight, she gets better week on week! glad Shayne didn't sing the song he was soundchecking on xtra factor last night or he would definately be going home tonight

Karaoke Queen
10-Dec-05, 21:06
Just out of interest, what was the song?

dragonfly
10-Dec-05, 21:29
it was a queen song, "don't stop me now" i think

Beppo91
10-Dec-05, 21:33
I think the X Factor is absoloulty boorin!, i cant stand it lolzzzzzzzzz

dragonfly
10-Dec-05, 21:45
fair enough, different strokes for different folks :D

Sandra
10-Dec-05, 21:54
Brenda is out and Andy is in...... what utter rubbish.

She is far better than he is.

lab
10-Dec-05, 21:55
Oh my god I dont believe it.
Andy in and Brenda out. This realy is a fix that means now the only realy tallented act Journey south is bound to win Simon again, owner of tv program brenda should of won outright.

dragonfly
10-Dec-05, 21:56
I like journey south but don't think that they'll win it Lab, think that will be Shayne, but Brenda should not be out tonight:(

DrSzin
10-Dec-05, 21:59
Did all you Brenda fans vote for her?

I missed it tonight -- I'm at work. I hate NFS!

dragonfly
10-Dec-05, 22:02
yes, texted twice for her

Karaoke Queen
10-Dec-05, 22:11
What a terrible decision! Andy wasn't great tonight, he really should have gone!

See you guys in here next week for the final ;)

DrSzin
10-Dec-05, 22:12
Well, I guess Michael Owen will win it now. He's not gonna win anything else this year.

Karaoke Queen
10-Dec-05, 22:14
Well, I guess Michael Owen will win it now. He's not gonna win anything else this year.

Who's he again? :rolleyes:

Sandra
10-Dec-05, 22:15
Yes I voted for Brenda.

DrSzin
10-Dec-05, 22:20
Who's he again? :rolleyes: Michael Owen? I told you: he plays duets with Shrek.

teritoots
10-Dec-05, 22:27
Gutted Brenda is out!! I want shayne to win but wanted brenda 2nd!! And yes i voted for both this wk. Andy should of gone home!

mischief
10-Dec-05, 22:56
its got to be sean or journey south to win now!!
brenda should have stayed in instead of andy what rubbish he sings!!:D

porshiepoo
11-Dec-05, 01:20
Didn't vote :(

Andy should have left this week, very weak performance for him and they have to be judged on the nights act at this stage.
Shayne to win now!!!!!!

weeboyagee
11-Dec-05, 01:57
That is absolutely unbelievable! :mad:, here at the caithness.org mini-dinnerparty! Brenda was the best by far - do the British public not know talent when they see it? Or are all the young female fanatics just totally text mad???? Journey South or Andy (difficult decision) should have gone but Shayne and Brenda were sure certs with Brenda being the best of the rest BY FAR!!!!! OK here's the RNM judge coming out in me but (like you karaoke queen), I know what I am talking about, don't you agree that this was a travesty???? I am shocked!!!! Well what now? The best of the one each for each of the judges - hell of a coincidence but could I possibly say that the programme rigged it to such an outcome - sorry - but Louis and Shayne now have my vote - Andy to be second and that pitchless group of Journey South to be last BY A LONG SHOT! Totally shocked they weren't out tonight!

Chico was better entertainment than all this mediocre trash! Let him release his hit and show the winner that the result means nothing when it comes to it! No regrets - WBG :cool:

Karaoke Queen
11-Dec-05, 11:14
Yes Weeboyagee, I agree it was a travesty! As much as I like Journey South, Brenda is far better than them. However I dont agree with your comments about Journey South (Surprise Surprise), Andy was by far the weakest performer last night, he murdered that Bryan Adams song. I think he has proved time and time again, he can only do old crooner type songs. Its a shame, he seems a nice guy, boring but nice.

Shayne is probably gonna win it, I would guess. He proved himself to me the week he sang that Daniel Bedingfield song, better than Daniel Bedingfield!

So Weeboyagee what songs would you like to hear them sing next week?

I'd like to hear Andy do something funky and Modern (couldn't be any worse than Chico doing Hero)

Shayne - I'd love to hear him doing, Aerosmith - I don't wanna miss a thing, or an older oasis track, or maybe an Enrique track.

Journey South - I'd like to hear them do maybe something young and Modern, and I'd love to hear them attempt Van Morrissons - Brown eyed girl.

Julia
11-Dec-05, 11:55
I totally agree, I was shocked to see Brenda voted off! She was the best by far, I thought Andy would of got the boot!

Do the powers that be really think the British viewing public are so thick as to think this is pure 'coincidence', give us a bit more credit!

weeboyagee
11-Dec-05, 14:02
Just listened to the re-run of the X Factor there just now (and oh how my head is just a wee bit tender!) I agree, Journey South redeemed themselves in the second song, but Andy overall is the more "bland" of the performances. Shayne was fantastic with his Unchained Melody (hit the high notes in that song and you've got real talent - I used to be able to but age doesn't come on it's own!!!) Brenda gave it her all and although the second song was not her best performance of the series, her voice is a million miles ahead of the rest of them.

What a star she is to handle the exit as admirably as she did. Sharon Ozbourne (erm,.....) well,....I thought she was a bit off,....how come she is "always speechless" and waves her hand in front of her face as though she is going to faint - she has no idea what to say! If she REALLY wanted her acts to know what she thought of them or their exits she would be finding the words without a problem!!!

Apologies for the heavy post above, something to do with how mad I was, time of night when posting and one or two wee drammies at Rheggers!

Songs for next week, Journey South have got to pick a boyband song or something from the popular group days like Queen (Let me Live) - I'd love to hear them sing Elton John, Don't Let the Sun Go Down, and for once, leave the guitar out of it and concentrate on their vocal performance. Andy, well, tend to agree now, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, more on the same theme but for me won't cut it to win with this style - he could try "you are the wind beneath my wings...." I can see him doing that kind of thing. Shayne,......he has to find a song that will blow us away - a real dance beat followed by something contrasting - a pop ballad.

What does everyone else think? I am still gutted that Brenda is out, I just can't understand it! WBG:(

Venture
11-Dec-05, 17:12
I have to say I felt really sorry for Brenda last night. Even Andy himself was shocked when he got to the final. He obviously must have had a very large bin round to poll a higher vote than Brenda. Its just a pity we never find out the number of votes each contestant gets as I dont think there was much between the bottom two last night. Maybe it would help the contestants accept the voting outcome easier.

Out of all the contestants Brenda definitely had the X Factor., Her transformation from her first audition in her appearance and her voice was unbelievable. Obviously the age group who Brenda would appeal to aren't the voting kind as opposed to the amount of girls who would have texted to keep Shayne in. I dont think we will have seen the last of Brenda.

Who do I think will win. Shayne I say although I do like Journey South and want them to win. They are two really nice lads with talent who deserve a break. But to be honest I think they will all benefit from being in the final in the long run. Just look at what happened with Pop Idol. Michelle MacManus has faded into the background where as G Force are making it big time.

I hope they all manage to make it in their own way.

krieve
11-Dec-05, 20:53
Sad to say Andy is a good singer but he should have went not Brenda she was the best out of all of them by far.

scrapydoo
11-Dec-05, 22:03
JOURNEY SOUTH TO WIN.........

krieve
17-Dec-05, 20:33
Its the final tonight who is going to be the x factor winner?

jjc
17-Dec-05, 20:59
Its the final tonight who is going to be the x factor winner?
Simon Cowell

Ashes
17-Dec-05, 21:44
They all sang well tonight but I'll no waste my money voting as its all a con. Ashes

krieve
17-Dec-05, 23:06
shayne is the winner everyone

angela5
18-Dec-05, 00:40
shayne is the winner everyone

What a fantastic performance from all 3 remaining, Andy did so well but i was pleased for shayne especially as i spent £6 on txt'n the show for him to win.

krieve
18-Dec-05, 00:44
you spent £6 you must have been txt'n like mad lol.

Liz
18-Dec-05, 14:06
I voted for Shane as well and am delighted he won. He has a great voice!

Mind you I thought Journey South and Andy did really well in the final and it was a great show.

whooshjohnny
18-Dec-05, 14:10
Now we will see who has a legitimate recording career in front of them!!!
I bet in 1 years time Brenda, Chico, Andy and Journey South will be distant memories, Shayne may have a chance but he hasnt got a voice anything like Will Young.

crayola
18-Dec-05, 14:52
Now we will see who has a legitimate recording career in front of them!!!
I bet in 1 years time Brenda, Chico, Andy and Journey South will be distant memories, Shayne may have a chance but he hasnt got a voice anything like Will Young.
Who were Brenda and Chico? ;)

I think Journey South would have been a good name for a Caithness Band. Many of us have made that Journey in search of fame and fortune. Most of us didn't exactly succeed in either quest, but we stayed South. So I consider myself part of the band. Pity we didn't win. :(

Doolally
18-Dec-05, 15:52
Anyone else notice that after he won it and was singing the song again that Shayne was miming?

It was so obvious.

crayola
18-Dec-05, 16:02
Simon CowellDon't forget Sharon Osbourne. I almost bought her autobiography yesterday. :eek: