PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie..

RicardoR
28-Apr-08, 23:40
Anyone watch the snooker today? Ronnie O'Sullivan got the highest break.. 147 :D.. Best snooker player there is in my opinion. Well done.

TBH
28-Apr-08, 23:43
Anyone watch the snooker today? Ronnie O'Sullivan got the highest break.. 147 :D.. Best snooker player there is in my opinion. Well done.Stephen Hendry, 7 times world champion is the best player there is and has ever been without a doubt.

RicardoR
28-Apr-08, 23:50
Meh.. Hendry [disgust]

Goodness isnt just about how many times you win, tis about how you play

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-08, 23:53
Damm I missed that. I like to watch a bit of snooker and Ronnie is certainly one to entertain when he is on form. My cousin is a pro player and has won a few top events ,but don't see much of him on the telly nowadays. I was watching the game when Cliff Thourburn did his 147 and its just a magic moment.

TBH
29-Apr-08, 00:00
Meh.. Hendry [disgust]

Goodness isnt just about how many times you win, tis about how you playTalk sense man, Hendry obviously played well enough to becme the youngest world champion ever, he also won the most world titles at seven. O'Sullivan is a poor comparison to one as great as Hendry who is definitey the Greatest player the game has ever seen or is likely to see in the future.

RicardoR
29-Apr-08, 00:06
I did say in my opinion. I think Ronnie is the best player, mainly because I like the way he plays, the way he acts, his style.

TBH
29-Apr-08, 00:11
I did say in my opinion. I think Ronnie is the best player, mainly because I like the way he plays, the way he acts, his style.Point taken but I really think you need to educate yourself on what constitutes Greatness in a snooker player. Maybe not the most exiting players to watch but then Jimmy White was an exiting player and lost 6 world finals.
Neither White nor O'Sullivan could live with Davis, Hendry or Reardon at the top of their game. That is also just my opinion but based on having watched these players and their achievements in the game.

the_count
29-Apr-08, 00:12
Hmmm the great debate as to who is the best at anything lol
Its a bit like saying the greatest boxer was mohammed ali or the greatest driver in f1 was fangio or schumy. schumy stops driving and in the next year a new driver in his rookie year came second ... and his age too lol kids get better and better :lol::lol:

TBH
29-Apr-08, 00:17
Hmmm the great debate as to who is the best at anything lol
Its a bit like saying the greatest boxer was mohammed ali or the greatest driver in f1 was fangio or schumy. schumy stops driving and in the next year a new driver in his rookie year came second ... and his age too lol kids get better and better :lol::lol:I can't see any comparison between Hendry and O'Sullivan. Davis, Reardon and Hendry it could be argued as too hard to separate in terms of ability perhaps but O'Sullivan doesn't belong in that company.

the_count
29-Apr-08, 00:27
it also depends on wether its a short game or a long game i.e. best of 1 like the old pot black program or best of 33.

bluebell
29-Apr-08, 13:41
I watched it, it was pure class well deserved,he said he's planning a Bentley for the summer with the winnings and a pair of running shoes:lol: good on him hope he wins