PDA

View Full Version : McPherson/McIntyre

Leigh Varma
19-Nov-05, 06:56
My great great Grandfather, Neil McPherson and wife Mary Ann McIntyre emigrated to N.Z. from Braemore, Dunbeath in 1870. I would be grateful for any information available on either family.

fred
22-Nov-05, 22:48
My great great Grandfather, Neil McPherson and wife Mary Ann McIntyre emigrated to N.Z. from Braemore, Dunbeath in 1870. I would be grateful for any information available on either family.

Neil Mcpherson was born on the 7th May and christened on the 31st May 1841 the son of John McPherson and Isabella Macaulay.

Here are the households from the 1841 and 1861 census returns:

District: 10 Folio: 0 Page: 5
Address: Clashbvie

MCPHERSON John M 50 Farmer Caithness
MCPHERSON Isabella F 35 Outside Census County
MCPHERSON William M 8 Caithness
MCPHERSON Peter M 6 Caithness
MCPHERSON Niel M 1m Caithness
MCAULAY Margaret F 80 Independent Caithness

District: 9 House: 6
Macpherson John 63 Berriedale
Macpherson Isabella 54 Loth
Macpherson Neil 18 Berriedale
Macpherson Alexander 16 Berriedale
Macpherson Lucy A. 14 Berriedale

Mary Ann was born the 8th of October 1850 the daughter of John McIntyre and Mary Ann McKellar, they moved to Caithness from Argyll after the 1841 census but are on the 1861 census:

District: 9 House: 19
Mcintyre John 57 Argyllshire
Mcintyre Mary Ann 47 Kilmodan, Argyllshire
McGregor John 27 Appin
Mcintyre John 14 Berriedale
Mcintyre Peter 13 Berriedale
Mcintyre Mary Ann 10 Berriedale
Mcintyre Archibaid 8 Berriedale
Mcintyre Catherine 6 Berriedale
<br>

fred
22-Nov-05, 23:43

Also there is a grave in Braemore cemetery of John Mcpherson farmer of Braemore who died the 8th Jan 1868 aged 71, the stone was erected by his son Neil.

The next grave along is for Archibald McIntyre who died 30th Jul 1849 aged 6 years 11 months and his grandfather Donald McIntyre died 13th Nov 1849 aged 87, the stone was erected by Archibalds father John McIntyre, gamekeeper of Braemore.
<br>