PDA

View Full Version : Artur Boruc-why?

hotrod4
28-Apr-08, 20:57
After what was a very good old firm game Artur Boruc went and messed it all up AGAIN!.
What does he have to do to get a verbal from strachan?(never mind charged for enciting a riot)
Alot is said of Rangers fans being bigoted and we get blamed for everything, but this idiot blatantly in front of an audience of millions wore a t-shirt with "god bless the hope".
If thats his religion then fair play to him but you dont wear it just to provoke a reaction as thats the only reason he paraded it.
If he was as religous as he thinks he is then surely he shouldnt use his religion to encite hatred?
I know some may think "well thats his religion" but there is a time and place for it and there was nothing religous in his intentions.

I have my religion and beliefs and am a Rangers supporter and a royalist but i wouldnt wave my Union Jack in peoples faces just to provoke a reaction.

RANT OVER!!!! :)

Metalattakk
28-Apr-08, 21:16
I'm a Rangers fan, and there's nothing wrong with what he did. He's openly ridiculing people who get upset at these things, which is good in my view. These are people who deserve to be upset, and often.

The only problem I have with Boruc is his penchant for playing to the gallery. He's been guilty of gesturing to Hibs and Dundee Utd fans, for instance.

Wearing a 'God Save The Pope' t-shirt to wind up bigoted idiots = Good.

Sticking the 'Vs' up to Hibs fans = Bad.

All in my honest opinion.

jim shoe
28-Apr-08, 21:35
After what was a very good old firm game Artur Boruc went and messed it all up AGAIN!.
What does he have to do to get a verbal from strachan?(never mind charged for enciting a riot)
Alot is said of Rangers fans being bigoted and we get blamed for everything, but this idiot blatantly in front of an audience of millions wore a t-shirt with "god bless the hope".
If thats his religion then fair play to him but you dont wear it just to provoke a reaction as thats the only reason he paraded it.
If he was as religous as he thinks he is then surely he shouldnt use his religion to encite hatred?
I know some may think "well thats his religion" but there is a time and place for it and there was nothing religous in his intentions.

I have my religion and beliefs and am a Rangers supporter and a royalist but i wouldnt wave my Union Jack in peoples faces just to provoke a reaction.

RANT OVER!!!! :)
what a lot of absolute rubbish

theone
28-Apr-08, 21:53
His right to support a religion is his right.

Wearing that top wasn't a show of support for his religion, it was done to wind up the opposition support.

Gazza got hammered for playing the imaginery flute, the holy goalie will get away with it.

The banning of the billy boys song when all the pro IRA bile is being spouted by the celtic support says it all.

docker
28-Apr-08, 22:25
And here was I thinking we as a country were trying to separate religion from football. Can anyone tell me what the Pope has to do with the new all inclusive Celtic Football Club – or are the stands truly filled with “bead rattling hoopy hounds” as described by a sacked Sunday Herald columnist, only a few weeks ago. Celtic were quick enough to go into print and condemn that description of supporters who believe Gordon Strachan was “not a Celtic man” but they are not so quick to discipline there goal keeper for bringing religion into football.

TBH
28-Apr-08, 22:43

RANT OVER!!!! :)As has been said it is not as though many rangers fans at the stadium would have been able to read what was on the t-shirt anyway.
Unless you yourself are one of the bigots that won't live and let live then there is no problem, is there?
If he came on dressed like the Pope and the other ten were dressed as altar bhoys it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
Before any moderators consider closing this thread please understand that religious bigotry is a worthwhile relevant subject and there is no reason why it should be swept under the carpet as if it doesn't exist. Some don't even understand why they hate, they just do because they have been brought up that way. Some that have never practiced religion in any form and wouldn't know what the inside of a church looks like unless they saw some pictures.

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-08, 23:02
Mathew 7 Verse 12. Please

Anne x
28-Apr-08, 23:06
This is all very Boringooooo Boys and there toys
Surprise
Its a football match
who cares really

DeHaviLand
28-Apr-08, 23:12
This is all very Boringooooo Boys and there toys
Surprise
Its a football match
who cares really

Err, hundreds of thousands of people! Just dont ask me to name them:)

fingalmacool
28-Apr-08, 23:44
The guy is a tit, no I take that back, a tit is usefull.