PDA

View Full Version : Lorry Spotters...

MadPict
28-Apr-08, 19:25
One of the items on The One Show on BBC 1 this evening concerns "lorry spotters" - one the the lorry spotters (from Darlington) jumped for joy as she spotted a D.Steven lorry passing below the bridge she was stood on.

:lol:

percy toboggan
28-Apr-08, 19:51
It takes all sorts I suppose....However,
if I see a car with 'I'm an Eddie spotter' stuck on the window I try to give it a wide berth as I overtake (inevitable) because it's probably being driven by an idiot with little to live for.

MadPict
28-Apr-08, 20:07
What if they have "I'm a Percy Spotter" bumper sticker?

Sapphire2803
28-Apr-08, 20:18
You've seen my car?? ;)

percy toboggan
28-Apr-08, 20:21
LOL...in that case they should be sectioned!!
I'm not worth spottin'

horseman
28-Apr-08, 20:55
I watched that item, an laughed when the video clip of the stevens lorry came up, coz I had just said to my wife-bet that lady would love a d h stevens :)an when it was duely produced,she nigh on wet herself;)
But at least the female bad the balls to get up off her butt an do something.

Anne x
28-Apr-08, 22:49
It was great and she just loved spotting the Steven Lorry although she was not entirely sure where Wick was her enthusiasm was brilliant I love that show though

brokencross
29-Apr-08, 07:40
One of the items on The One Show on BBC 1 this evening concerns "lorry spotters" - one the the lorry spotters (from Darlington) jumped for joy as she spotted a D.Steven lorry passing below the bridge she was stood on.

:lol:

I quite often see D. Steven lorries around Middlesbrough and also near the Junction 40 Truck stop on the M6. I dont jump up and down but do get quite "excited".
Would the driver be from up North or do they operate a sort of "relay" team of drivers down the country?

carasmam
29-Apr-08, 10:05
Nothing wrong with lorry spotting :Razz I get 'excited' when I see an Eddie.

Never saw the program, but there are stranger hobbies to have than that.

Geo
29-Apr-08, 10:08
There was an Eddie parked up beside Superdrug a few weeks ago. I've never seen one this far north.

carasmam
29-Apr-08, 10:12
Yes there is quite often one there now. I have met one the Quoys of Reiss too so wondered if he came off the ferry from Orkney :)

MadPict
29-Apr-08, 10:47
It was great and she just loved spotting the Steven Lorry although she was not entirely sure where Wick was her enthusiasm was brilliant I love that show though

She seemed to know they came from the far north of Scotland. Better than many south of Inverness ;)

TBH
29-Apr-08, 11:18
On having a search on the web, here's some pictures I found:
D Steven & Son (http://www.padborg-express.com/Transporteurs%20-%20Hauliers%203/D%20Steven%20and%20son/dstevenandson.html)