PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Can Be Fun!

catnip
27-Apr-08, 19:45
Myself and Snarfer got ourselves a Nintendo Wii Fit. Not to say that it is a laugh and does get your heart pumping. Who else has got one and what do think ?

I can say that we have not had a laugh like this in ages.

sphinx
27-Apr-08, 19:57
big kids at heart keep it up lol.........:lol:

Kevin Milkins
27-Apr-08, 19:58
Myself and Snarfer got ourselves a Nintendo Wii Fit. Not to say that it is a laugh and does get your heart pumping. Who else has got one and what do think ?

What do you think of them and are they expensive as me and wifie would like to get fit.

catnip
27-Apr-08, 20:04
What do you think of them and are they expensive as me and wifie would like to get fit.

The Wii Fit costed £69 out of wollies, we had the Wii console already but someone said that Tesco had it for £64. I did see the console with the fit and Wii sports in wollies and I think it was about £250 but do not quote me on that.

elaine
27-Apr-08, 21:14
We couldn't get a Wii Fit - all sold out - everywhere!

Saw this trailer and thought it looked ace!

http://ms2.nintendo-europe.com/wiifit/enGB/

So we have ordered one online.

I love the fact that it tracks your weight and stuff.

I am looking forward to the yoga!!

Bobinovich
27-Apr-08, 21:20
Definately want to try a bit of that! Looks like fun :D

Dazarch
27-Apr-08, 21:35
we bought one from Tesco yesterday and started using it straight away, we to had a great laugh and it certainly gets your heart pumping

joxville
27-Apr-08, 21:45

I wouldn't say I'm lazy but does it have a cycling downhill mode? lol

nicnic74
27-Apr-08, 21:46
I want one must be nice to ma other half when he gets home on thurs:D

jings00
28-Apr-08, 13:26
had a shot for the first time at the weekend, thought ma pal was gonna pee hersel laffin and my face and sides ached wi howlin wi laughter soooo much.
worth it for that alone!!

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-08, 14:16
I enjoyed getting thrashed by my grandchildren at christmas on there wii.
Every game Bowls, tennis ,boxing, you name it they thrashed us.
I never envisaged that I would ever consider buying such a toy for myself ,however if we bought one to get fit and loose weight I could practice from now untill christmas and thrash them and be the coolest grandad in the land.lol:lol:

grumpy1
28-Apr-08, 17:43
i also got a wii fit an can i say it the best £69 i spent in a long while..
i hae never laughed so much trying to head butt a football.. an hula hoop:lol:

and i even go jogging now....3min in the living room my kind of excercise:lol:

Katy
28-Apr-08, 21:47
They look great! Where is everyone managing to get them from? Everywhere in Wick & Thurso is sold out - well tried Tesco, Woolies in both & Argos - all gone :-(
Suppose jst a case of keepin on tryin!
Katy x

lady penelope
28-Apr-08, 22:01

I was wondering what the noise through the wall was.:eek: Thought you had him putting more wardrobes up! :lol: Glad you are enjoying exercise,might come and join you.

Kevin Milkins
29-Apr-08, 10:19
It all sounds like great fun.
I went up to Tesco's last night and had sold out ,but new stocks in today.
I am not sure if I was pleased or disapointed as I had a vision of of spending a lot of money on a fad and in a couple of weeks it will be parked up along side the Bullworker ,Tredmill, Weights,etc lol:lol:. Will sombody give me that final push to convince me that it will be value for money.:confused

candyfloss
29-Apr-08, 12:00
we bought one from Tesco yesterday and started using it straight away, we to had a great laugh and it certainly gets your heart pumping
How did you manage to get one? :eek:
I went to Tescos yesterday and they had none and didn't know when they were getting more in.
My youngest is desperate to get one :~(

TBH
29-Apr-08, 12:23
Fantastic, now we can stay in front of the tv and get fit.[lol]

bluebell
29-Apr-08, 14:05
we got one weekend just passed and we are all on it really good fun only thing not impressed with it said that I'm obese:~(..... but it's great fun for all the family young and old

TBH
29-Apr-08, 21:55
Get out in the fresh air and do some walking you lazy sods. Maybe you would all like to end up on the whale watching thread?

Kevin Milkins
29-Apr-08, 22:14
Get out in the fresh air and do some walking you lazy sods. Maybe you would all like to end up on the whale watching thread?

I tried that and fresh air makes me hungry.lol:confused

karia
29-Apr-08, 22:19
I am back on the weight lifting and the punch boxing..

..who are you calling fat?;)

my arms really really hurt!:D

elaine
01-May-08, 18:59
ok - ours arrived today.

Worth every penny!

I love the fact that there are scoreboards on all of the different exercises so you can compete with others (or yourself!).

You can also "unlock" new exercises and games, the more time you log on it!

I got it to give me a target of losing 1/2 a stone in a month. You can then "stamp" the calendar every time you do a session.

So easy to use!

I found the jogging the hardest work but enjoyed the "step class/dance mat" game the best!!

Great for people (like me) who feel very self conscious about exercising - I like being able to do it in the privacy of my living room!!

Have also discovered that I am a crap shot at golf after one too many G&Ts!!

sweetpea
02-May-08, 01:49
Had a go of a wi today to see what all the fuss is aboot. Got to say I'm hooked on boxing.

Kevin Milkins
02-May-08, 02:12
I did manage to get the box bit from Tesco yesterday, but are still waiting for the exercise bit to come in. I got it all out of the box and had a senior moment and put it all back again. I can feel a task for the tech department coming on.lol

sjj278
02-May-08, 20:37
This is great fun, i really enjoy the yoga, never tried yoga before and finding it great fun. I have had mine a week and have already lost 3lb!! definately gets the heart rate pumping and the muscles working!!!!

Kevin Milkins
02-May-08, 22:03
I had a look at setting up Wii but with all the other wire's hanging out the back of the telly I thought I had better get some advice ,so I have put a post in the Tech department. I think I lost half a stone just worying about it .lol :lol:

grumpyhippo
02-May-08, 23:21
If your not into the electronic exercise why not join a group of lassies with a similar attitude to exercise for some very gentle circuit training and have a laugh at each other.
Meet at the playing field in front of the where the Viewfirth club used to be at 1900 on Thursdays during the summer (thats now!!!).

You can take the session at your own pace and there will always be somebody less active than yourself so you don't have to worry.......come and try it out its free!!!!.

bluebell
03-May-08, 02:52
Loving the step one.... great fun, the jogging is a killer though.....

celtchicky
03-May-08, 10:30
if like me ur lazy, an cant b bothered goin out a walk (dont mind if i have company tho), then its great!!!

i got mines last saturday, an hav been on it every day since, for half an hour each time. also go to scottish slimmers, an its been helpin me keep the weight off.

love the boxin, the step class an hula hoop. tho been doin the yoga, which i surprisingly lek too. hopin it wil help tone me up

ok it is abit expensive, wen ye can go out an walk for free, but some people will find it bliss compared to that :D

catnip
04-May-08, 18:34
Went on the Wii Fit this morning and did the usual body test. When we got it I set a target to loose 4lb within a fortnight, well It has been a week and two days since I started and I have lost my 4lb !! Have put down to loose another 2lb for the next fortnight, but I reckon I will put some on as the muscle is starting to build up !!!

Kevin Milkins
04-May-08, 20:36
Went on the Wii Fit this morning and did the usual body test. When we got it I set a target to loose 4lb within a fortnight, well It has been a week and two days since I started and I have lost my 4lb !! Have put down to loose another 2lb for the next fortnight, but I reckon I will put some on as the muscle is starting to build up !!!

Thats great catnip, I bet your well chuffed.I am still waiting to get hold of the fitness bit for mine but the tennis and bowls are good fun. I think I must have lost half a stone just trying to wrestle the controls off the wife so that I can have a go.lol:lol:

balto
04-May-08, 21:27
these wii fits are so popular, working in woolies we are getting some in this week and they are all booked, i wouldnt want a shot on one because it tells you if you are overweight even though i am pregnant i would be mortified is a games console told me.

saba
15-May-08, 18:16
I'm thinking of getting one. Would anyone who has one recommend it?

Kevin Milkins
15-May-08, 18:34
I'm thinking of getting one. Would anyone who has one recommend it?

I only have a dabble with golf or tennis and other games, but wiffie is into it big style. She is a technophobic and yet she has got the whole thing working for her without even reading the book. The Wii fitness board has obviously had a great deal of thought gone into it and and I can see that if you are prepared to put the time in you will find somthing on there that suits your fitness requirments.
Good luck

Kismet
15-May-08, 19:09
Just watched the trailler and am saving every extra penny til can afford one [lol]

I need to buy the Wii as well unfortunately :(.

I have played ten pin bowling on the Wii and thouroughly enjoyed it so don't mind buying the console as well is just getting the money together.

What with brain training and sight training on the Ds and this on the Wii I will soon be years younger [lol]