PDA

View Full Version : Heading East!

karia
27-Apr-08, 18:32
Hi Guys,

Most of the time I have spent holidaying in Caithness has been in the West as my husband is from Sutherland ..... so this year I am basing myself in the East to meet up with friends explore the delights of Wick and all environs eastward.:D

What are the must see/do/eat at/drink in/photograph places that will give me a true flavour of the area?

Tighsonas4
27-Apr-08, 18:48
WICK OR THURSO
sort of controversal question karia [lol]
ass you can see from two posts downas theres only 20 miles between the two so would suggest you have a scout around and make your own choice regards tony
ps enjoy anyway t

badger
27-Apr-08, 18:50
Hi Karia

Just driving along that wonderful coastline is something not to be missed. Drive down through Latheronwheel to the beautiful little harbour. Stop by the Clan Gunn Museum at Latheron and look back at the view. Then there's Lybster harbour - nice food sitting looking at the sea. Wick Heritage Centre is amazing and of course another harbour, but this time a busy one. Drive through Papigoe/Staxigoe (yet another harbour here) to Sinclair/Girginoe Castle (nasty history). Then lovely views all the way to John O'Groats where you'll get a great meal at the Schoolhouse. More beautiful views to Stroma and Orkney all round the north.

I sound like a tour guide :roll: Not sure where your exploration from the west meets the route from the east.

Hope you have weather like today - just gorgeous. How can anyone not love Caithness?

karia
27-Apr-08, 19:13
WICK OR THURSO
sort of controversal question karia [lol]
ass you can see from two posts downas theres only 20 miles between the two so would suggest you have a scout around and make your own choice regards tony
ps enjoy anyway t

I would never dream to choose between them..but having experienced one in the last few years and having had good advice as to what to do and see while there from the good folks here on't Org I thought it only fair to employ the same strategy for the other.

Sadly holidays give only a limited chance to explore..so recommendations help.

Thanks badger..your wonderful advice is noted.:)

bobandag16
27-Apr-08, 19:38
I would never dream to choose between them..but having experienced one in the last few years and having had good advice as to what to do and see while there from the good folks here on't Org I thought it only fair to employ the same strategy for the other.

Sadly holidays give only a limited chance to explore..so recommendations help.

Thanks badger..your wonderful advice is noted.:)
east is east west is west in caithness both are best.go for broke .

Kevin Milkins
27-Apr-08, 19:40
You must call in to say hello and have a cup of tea and a biscuit.
I am sure we will find somthing argue about and I can show you my Amy and Pete collection.lol:lol:

karia
27-Apr-08, 19:55
You must call in to say hello and have a cup of tea and a biscuit.
I am sure we will find somthing argue about and I can show you my Amy and Pete collection.lol:lol:

If I find myself in playful mood I may just take you up on that!;)

sphinx
27-Apr-08, 20:00
Hi Guys,

Most of the time I have spent holidaying in Caithness has been in the West as my husband is from Sutherland ..... so this year I am basing myself in the East to meet up with friends explore the delights of Wick and all environs eastward.:D

What are the must see/do/eat at/drink in/photograph places that will give me a true flavour of the area? yes to be sure the east coast has stunning views good food and freindly people any were u go has good food karia depends on your taste........:D