PDA

View Full Version : Thurso or Wick?

shazzap
27-Apr-08, 16:17
Which do you think has the nicest scenery Thurso or Wick?

Which do you prefer out of the two?

joxville
27-Apr-08, 16:21

Which do you think is the better place to live out of the two?

Being an outsider and having lived in Caithness from '91-'02 I must say I preferred Thurso, however I must also point out that the county as a whole has the best people I've ever had the good fortune to live amongst-I miss it enormously.

bobandag16
27-Apr-08, 16:29

Which do you think is the better place to live out of the two?
not a fair question scenery both good. better place to live in where the home is .

shazzap
27-Apr-08, 16:38
not a fair question scenery both good. better place to live in where the home is .
Have changed question to be " fair "

Fran
27-Apr-08, 17:40
Having lived in both places, I think Thurso is the nicest with a nice beach and shops, but I think wick has better park gardens and scenery.

alfie
27-Apr-08, 18:04
All of Caithness is beautiful, but if there had to be a choice I would have to say Thurso has much more scenery to offer and more places to go for long walks etc...

rfr10
27-Apr-08, 18:18
Personally I'd say Wick has the better scenery. Travelling to Wick from any direction (From South, North or Thurso road) great cenery without any big eyesores unlike the college in Thurso and the new Dounreay building. I'd also compare the two rivers running through the town by saying that the Wick river, although a complete mess in the past, looks a lot nicer than Thurso river as you cross the bridge and has more characteristics to it. Wick town centre is now beginning to look more modern than Thurso.

But then.. I don't mind both places.

Amy-Winehouse
27-Apr-08, 18:53
If Thurso didnt have the big silly looking building( an they moan about windmills) to the west side of it , then Thurso wouold walk it BUT Wick is absolutely wonderful from the Air-maybe 3-4 miles west looking east, it is a brilliant site/pic/town. I regularly use the plane & the views are magic

scotsboy
27-Apr-08, 19:00
It is no contest - Thurso by a country mile.

Phoebus_Apollo
27-Apr-08, 20:12
It is no contest - Thurso by a country mile.

I have to agree most of Wick is dilapitaded..

Ricco
27-Apr-08, 20:17
Thurso is where my heart would go.

silverfox57
27-Apr-08, 20:33

Which do you prefer out of the two?
beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.as both thurso and wick have there on beauty. would seem odd if weeker said thurso had better scenery than wick, and someone from thurso said wick had best scenery,:eek:

golach
27-Apr-08, 20:36
beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.as both thurso and wick have there on beauty. would seem odd if weeker said thurso had better scenery than wick, and someone from thurso said wick had best scenery,:eek:
I agree, it is a Catch 22 situation, both have their good and bad points, IMO it is an impossible question to answer.

horseman
27-Apr-08, 20:42
Yep, go along with you-shut it down.

Whitewater
27-Apr-08, 22:55
Born and lived in Thurso for 25 yrs approx, now lived in Wick for 38yrs, both have excellent scenery, with good walking and great views around the outskirts, but I prefer Wick Harbour area.