PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse

percy toboggan
26-Apr-08, 20:59
I know the Mail love to photograph her in the worst possible light....this woman was on the front page again today looking like, well...I'm not sure really. A contorted , desperate face , obviously upset...and drunk, stoned or both. An ugly divil if I'm honest...looks like a bloke in drag. She is a train wreck and has the look of the living dead about her. It can only be a matter of time.
Can't it ?

the_count
26-Apr-08, 21:06
I don't think i've seen a picture of her sober or "straight" yet lol. With Amy its always a case or wrong time wrong place i think :lol:

Kevin Milkins
26-Apr-08, 21:06
I am a fan of her music ,but went off her big time when I saw her on a TV quizz show ,( somthing like Never Mind The Buzz Cocks) and she kept spitting over her shoulder.It is a shame that people with talent seem to hit the self distruct button.

ciderally
26-Apr-08, 21:11
dont think she is doing herself any favors...but lets hope she will waken up and smell the roses....someday soon i hope....

karia
26-Apr-08, 21:16
It can only be a matter of time.
Can't it ?

We did this discussion to bits and back again here on the Org when Pete Doherty was arrested a few weeks ago and it is boring to be answering the same old arguments time and again..:roll:

Matter of time?....... No!

Nothing is inevitable, help exists, people change.

Why so keen to see a negative conclusion to this?:confused

Kevin Milkins
26-Apr-08, 21:26
We did this discussion to bits and back again here on the Org when Pete Doherty was arrested a few weeks ago and it is boring to be answering the same old arguments time and again..:roll:

Matter of time?....... No!

Nothing is inevitable, help exists, people change.

Why so keen to see a negative conclusion to this?:confused

Listning to a guy on the radio today and he said ," he would like to sit her down with a nice cup of tea and talk it through with her and hopfully clean her up and she would turn out album after album of brilliant music."
It was said in such a way that it gave me a warm feeling of optomisam.
I am sorry karia I do share some of your hopes, but the only possitive thing about Pete Doherty and Amy are there urine samples.

karia
26-Apr-08, 21:35
I am sorry karia I do share some of your hopes, but the only possitive thing about Pete Doherty and Amy are there urine samples.

Nice quip Kev!:roll:

My point here is that I am not being drawn into an argument on this subject when we all just had one a week or two ago.

Give folks time to breath and see what happens..Amy, pete...... and us argumentative orgers.

Not much new has happened to get back into a grand debate about.:eek:

Kevin Milkins
26-Apr-08, 21:44
Nice quip Kev!:roll:

My point here is that I am not being drawn into an argument on this subject when we all just had one a week or two ago.

Give folks time to breath and see what happens..Amy, pete...... and us argumentative orgers.

Not much new has happened to get back into a grand debate about.:eek:

I read most of your posts karia and I would take you to be a careing sort of person and I respect that ,however as that has been pointed out on many different threads we all have a different view of things and as long as we are able to respect each others different points of opinion and dont make it personel then the Org will live on.

karia
26-Apr-08, 21:47
Sure will Kev!;)

Live and let live was the very thing I was suggesting!:D

Choost don't see the point in having the same old argument time and again and I do believe it was your thread only 3 weeks ago.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=46104&highlight=pete+doherty (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=46104&highlight=pete+doherty)

Kevin Milkins
26-Apr-08, 21:53
Sure will Kev!;)

Let and let live was the very thing I was suggesting!:D

Choost don't see the point in having the same old argument time and again

The common ground has been found.lol

karia
26-Apr-08, 22:01
It is obviously a subject close to your heart!

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...t=pete+doherty (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=46104&highlight=pete+doherty)

alfie
27-Apr-08, 18:11
I feel that Amy and Britney have had a lot of bad press of late and to be honest yes they have brought it on themselves, but hey give them a break - who would want to feel they way they do, which is obviously pretty awful...

Amy-Winehouse
27-Apr-08, 18:47
I know the Mail love to photograph her in the worst possible light....this woman was on the front page again today looking like, well...I'm not sure really. A contorted , desperate face , obviously upset...and drunk, stoned or both. An ugly divil if I'm honest...looks like a bloke in drag. She is a train wreck and has the look of the living dead about her. It can only be a matter of time.
Can't it ?

Why does it bother you? She is no relation to you, Not your kin, Do you like her music? Do you like her?
I do, her music is fantastic,Shes got problems & so what??? Mick Jagger isnt perfect, neither is Mccartney but the press leave them alone..............

Amy is 23/24 years old, how would you deal with the pressure she has to deal with if it was on you??

percy toboggan
27-Apr-08, 19:12
Why does it bother you? She is no relation to you, Not your kin, Do you like her music? Do you like her?
I do, her music is fantastic,Shes got problems & so what??? Mick Jagger isnt perfect, neither is Mccartney but the press leave them alone..............

Amy is 23/24 years old, how would you deal with the pressure she has to deal with if it was on you??

What 'pressure' are you talking about?
I suspect neither you, nor she knows what 'pressure' really is.
If this kind of pressure was 'on me' I'd clean up my act.. bank the money...flog the awards...and go and live out the rest of my life somewhere quiet. She won't of course because she's a blithering idiot.
It 'bothers' me because her ugly mug is usually one of the first things I see in my daily newspaper*...plastered all over the front page on Friday.
No, I don't 'like her' .....she looks like a diseased degenerate if I'm honest.
As for Jagger and Macca some fish are too big to fry.

This drug addled kipper frankly has a face a dog wouldn't lick and I'm sick of seeing it. She's in the same bracket as Pete Doherty..that shambolic bloke in the black suit. It irks me that some younger folk probably look up to these two as some kind of hero/heroine figure.

*I've taken this up with the management.

karia
27-Apr-08, 19:24
Hi Percy,

Would I be right in assuming from your post that you have asked the management of the Daily mail to stop featuring Amy Winehouse on the cover, as the sight of her (and I quote) 'drug addled kipper face' offends you?

Please, please promise me that you will publish their response here on the org!
:D

You could of course..buy a decent paper.;)

Moira
27-Apr-08, 23:18
.........My point here is that I am not being drawn into an argument on this subject when we all just had one a week or two ago.

New members here may not have had their say. Others may not have the opportunity to log on every day. Live and let live is a good philosophy.

......as that has been pointed out on many different threads we all have a different view of things and as long as we are able to respect each others different points of opinion and dont make it personel then the Org will live on.

I totally agree Kevin. A little respect goes a long way :)

TBH
28-Apr-08, 01:30
Amy wino, such a sad life she leads, what pressure she is under.
She is so depressed she doesn't know where her next million is coming from, enough to make you snort your septum out of existence.

karia
28-Apr-08, 11:48
With the greatest of respect Moira the last thread on this subject finally wound up after 4 pages of sometimes vitriolic comment only just over 2 weeks ago..even the newest of newbies would have the chance to contribute and (as the thread in question wasn't locked )could have brought it back into discussion at any point had they something to add.

I certainly agree with 'live and let live'.......not a sentiment being extended to the likes of Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty by some here on the Org.

TBH
28-Apr-08, 12:18
With the greatest of respect Moira the last thread on this subject finally wound up after 4 pages of sometimes vitriolic comment only just over 2 weeks ago..even the newest of newbies would have the chance to contribute and (as the thread in question wasn't locked )could have brought it back into discussion at any point had they something to add.

I certainly agree with 'live and let live'.......not a sentiment being extended to the likes of Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty by some here on the Org.Stuff them, they are just there for our entertainment pleasure, whether through their music or just having a good laugh at their lives in general. On a more dangerous note is the fact that some kids may actually look upon them as some kind of role model. The more they get lambasted in the media, the better our kids will understand that those people are not worth the time of day.

the second coming
28-Apr-08, 12:50
If people (the public) didn't spend so much time and interest in individuals such as Winehouse and others (such as above opinionated drivel) then the press would move on and find someone else to vilify.

I dare say she feels stress and pressure, not what I would personally consider stress or pressure but it's all a personal thing so I won't say that she doesn't suffer/experience it, it's just that I don't understand how/what she suffers from.

I don't believe she's a good example but the first sentence covers this. The public/press have said the same about a lot of people, Elvis, Jagger, blah blah blah.

So what if she self destructs or cleans up. I guess I would care if I new her or liked her music but I don't so I just hope the press move on and find some other victim and let her get on with whatever she wants.

rich
28-Apr-08, 18:16
Really, folks, who gives a rat's posterior for Amy?
I fear that this thread is another of these celebrity fantasies.
You know, the sort of thing you find displayed at the check-out of your local supermarket.
I've no real problem with celeb culture except it's not really very funny.
I remember getting wonderful tabloid papers at supermarket counters in Montreal.
The stories of course were all made up. One great plot-line would have the readers believe that John F. Kennedy was still alive but paralysed by the assissin's bullet. He was kept alive on a private island owned by Onassis.
The Kennedy estate is extremely litigacious and so they sued. (I believe the paper was The Midnight Enquirer. There was - I think still is - a French paper called 'ALLO, C'EST LE POLICE!)
Anyway, to get the Kennedy estate off their backs they got a junior employee and a wheelchair and wheeled them up the Montreal mountain to a gigantic religious tower - St. Joseph's Basilica. They photographed the guy in his wheelchair with his back to the camera, facing the Basilica.
They went a bit too far as, instead of sending it to their lawyers, they fell in love with their own creativity and published it in their next issue on the front page. Kennedy Lives!
The Kenned estate redoubled their efforts and the Midnight editorial staff fled to Toronto or points even further afield.
Maybe it was one of their employees who came up witrh the fantastic New York Daily NeWs headline - HEADLESS BODY FOUND IN TOPLESS BAR.
But Amy is an awful bore...

percy toboggan
28-Apr-08, 19:48
Quite what the above has to do with anything escapes me but...
Karia: don't feel obliged to comment , or even read every thread if you resent, or dislike duplication.

The second coming: I don't remember your first appearance and frankly, this latest one left me cold.

I'm tired of seeing drug taking crims with little pedigree in the press...on the news...and constantly given chance after chance. Thereby maintaining their profile before the youth of this country, who might not have the maturity to realise these pathetic specimens are emblematic of a failing society.

karia
28-Apr-08, 19:59
Quite what the above has to do with anything escapes me but...
Karia: don't feel obliged to comment , or even read every thread if you resent, or dislike duplication.

The second coming: I don't remember your first appearance and frankly, this latest one left me cold.

I'm tired of seeing drug taking crims with little pedigree in the press...on the news...and constantly given chance after chance. Thereby maintaining their profile before the youth of this country, who might not have the maturity to realise these pathetic specimens are emblematic of a failing society.

I am tired of the subject too percy which is why I was sad that it was raised again..so soon.

It seems to me that the Winehouse/Doherty/Macartney threads serve only one purpose that could equally be dealt with by introducing a 'fight club' thread and inviting those 'up for a quarrel' to argue 'up v's down' black v's white,Delia v's Nigella...you get my drift!

People set up entrenched positions and slag one another off....the actual points in question seem to matter little.:(

percy toboggan
28-Apr-08, 20:02
My only regret is that you mentioned an iconic singer/songwriter of world renown, and constituent of the greatest musical collaboration the world has ever seen, or is likely to see...in the same sentence as two loathsome creatures who belong back under their respective stones.

Just my opinion...but it's the only one I've got.

karia
28-Apr-08, 20:03
My only regret is that you mentioned an iconic singer/songwriter of world renown, and constituent of the greatest musical collaboration the world has ever seen, or is likely to see...in the same sentence as two loathsome creatures who belong back under their respective stones.

Just my opinion...but it's the only one I've got.

I meant Heather!

Does that mean you agree with my other point?:Razz

Moira
28-Apr-08, 21:48
With the greatest of respect Moira the last thread on this subject finally wound up after 4 pages of sometimes vitriolic comment only just over 2 weeks ago...

Not quite so, unless you are suggesting that Pete D & Amy W are one and the same person. Personally, I don't care much for either of them.

What I do care about, however, is that the members of this forum (and especially the newbies) feel confident enough to start threads and/or post their opinions here without having it pointed out to them that some of us have seen it all before.

I've been around here for a while and I find it helps when you look upward rather than downward. :D

karia
28-Apr-08, 21:58
Not quite so, unless you are suggesting that Pete D & Amy W are one and the same person. Personally, I don't care much for either of them.

What I do care about, however, is that the members of this forum (and especially the newbies) feel confident enough to start threads and/or post their opinions here without having it pointed out to them that some of us have seen it all before.

I've been around here for a while and I find it helps when you look upward rather than downward. :D

It was Percy Tobbogan that started this thread Moira..by no stretch of the imagination could he be classed as a 'newbie':D

Moira
28-Apr-08, 23:29
I am perfectly well aware of who the originator of this thread was. I did not suggest that the originator of the thread was a "newbie". You did.

Please don't try to twist my fact into your fiction. If I had meant to refer to any posters here specifically, I would have made sure I could spell their usernames correctly.

the second coming
29-Apr-08, 11:48

Excellent Mr Taboggan, excellent, I'll not bother repeating myself for those of the hard of reading but let you get back to your Heat magazine or whatever insightful journal it is the celebrity sluts stay abreast of to learn of who's doing what and who. I'll remain happy and blissful in my ignorance.[lol]

Boozeburglar
29-Apr-08, 18:06
I don't see why something currently in the news should somehow be considered old hat here on the org.

If she is all over today's papers, and she is, then she is worthy of a thread on a public message board, topical as she is.

They can always combine it with any other thread about her.

I like her personally, and I have seen much worse cases survive and lead productive lives. All power to her.

And I wouldn't kick her out of bed, she could stay for breakfast.

I might puke into me cornflakes though, once I caught a sight of her in me spoon.

Highland Laddie
29-Apr-08, 19:24
What ever happened to the old adage

live and let live.

karia
29-Apr-08, 19:31
I certainly agree with 'live and let live'.......not a sentiment being extended to the likes of Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty by some here on the Org.

Tried that one Highland laddie ( see above!)... sadly not popular!:(

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Apr-08, 19:37
The pictures I've seen of Amy in the papers the past few days haven't been the best.Man,we've all got to get bevvied up once in a while.Pictures say it all,so dis her music,Amy is fantastic music wise.Its like everything ye like or ye don't like.I dig her big style.

percy toboggan
29-Apr-08, 19:50
I've said before this catterwauling dollop looks like a Colombian ladyboy, with a penchant for half-blind tatooists, and black boot polish for make up
As for 'Heat' magazine...or indeed any other vaccuous celebrity rag I have never had the misfortune to read 'em. Country Life and a 'Place in the Sun' have been my two most recent indulgencies (though they cost me nowt)
My only reason for starting this thread was extreme irritation at seeing a loser like Winehouse given so much exposure in the press of my choice.

If I bought the Daily Star, or any of the aformentioned celebrity pap then I'd have no cause for complaint.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Apr-08, 19:58
The lassie can sing.Thats what music is all about.If ye want to see her oot her skull or drunk,buy the papers.If ye want to hear her sing,I have and she's brilliant.

golach
29-Apr-08, 19:59
My only reason for starting this thread was extreme irritation at seeing a loser like Winehouse given so much exposure in the press of my choice.
Sadly Percy I think your correct, but she earned £10 million recently (Allegedly) , so I dont think her over exposure in the Media will cease, I would be gutted if any of my teenage Grandaughters came to me and said they looked up to her and her behaviour.[evil]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Apr-08, 20:09
The reason ye two"awld guys" don't dig her is because ye hivnae bought her album,ye've judged her through reading the papers.Honestly,have ye listened to her music?

golach
29-Apr-08, 20:21
The reason ye two"awld guys" don't dig her is because ye hivnae bought her album,ye've judged her through reading the papers.Honestly,have ye listened to her music?
Cedric, thats where your wrong , never assume, I have listened to a few of her "Music" ..."You know I'm no Good" a very appropriate title I may say, did it ever reach the top 10, I dont think so, and I listened to "Rehab" again did that reach the top 10? And I have listened to "Valerie" not sure where that reached in the charts. On that selection I decided her noise was not for me.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Apr-08, 20:37
Cedric, thats where your wrong , never assume, I have listened to a few of her "Music" ..."You know I'm no Good" a very appropriate title I may say, did it ever reach the top 10, I dont think so, and I listened to "Rehab" again did that reach the top 10? And I have listened to "Valerie" not sure where that reached in the charts. On that selection I decided her noise was not for me.

Yer groovy Golach.Ye know the hits.Valerie is a better known hit than Rehab.Ye say"I decided her noise was not for me",her noise is for me,are ye right,or am I wrong?

Boozeburglar
29-Apr-08, 20:45

With all due respect Cedric, you would have to have lived in a cave on the moon not to be exposed to some of the Crack Bardess's splurge!

:)

golach
29-Apr-08, 20:47
Yer groovy Golach.Ye know the hits.Valerie is a better known hit than Rehab.Ye say"I decided her noise was not for me",her noise is for me,are ye right,or am I wrong?
Lol Thats a Catch 22 question Cedric, no easy answer, ........no seriously, none of us are right or wrong, just we have differing tastes in music, probably in Beers too, I'm a Belhaven Best man at the moment :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Apr-08, 20:48
With all due respect Cedric, you would have to have lived in a cave on the moon not to be exposed to some of the Crack Bardess's splurge!

The Crack Bardess's splurge.That sounds like a Doctor Who baddie to me.:lol:

karia
29-Apr-08, 20:52

'Rehab' went to no7 in the 'top ten' and the album 'Back to Black' from whence it came went to number one numerous times.

The album was certified five-time platinum and was the best selling album of 2007.

:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Apr-08, 20:52
Lol Thats a Catch 22 question Cedric, no easy answer, ........no seriously, none of us are right or wrong, just we have differing tastes in music, probably in Beers too, I'm a Belhaven Best man at the moment :lol:

I like ma McEwan Export,I knew ye were ignoring me in the chatroom.It didnae matter what I typed ye didnae take it in.Cheers.

golach
29-Apr-08, 20:55
I like ma McEwan Export,I knew ye were ignoring me in the chatroom.It didnae matter what I typed ye didnae take it in.Cheers.
Sorry Cedric, it was not my intention to ignore you, I am ambidextros, I can be in two places at once, and I may have come out of chat as you came in.

TBH
29-Apr-08, 21:11
'Rehab' went to no7 in the 'top ten' and the album 'Back to Black' from whence it came went to number one numerous times.

The album was certified five-time platinum and was the best selling album of 2007.

:DWe all know that the number of sales nowadays means nothing, even reaching number one requires a lot less sales than it did say ten years ago.

karia
29-Apr-08, 21:20
We all know that the number of sales nowadays means nothing, even reaching number one requires a lot less sales than it did say ten years ago.

Golach asked what the individual songs had achieved in terms of 'the top ten' and whilst I realise this is an outmoded concept I answered him in good faith.

As we know it is album sales/downloads that matter nowadays and it would be hard to argue that 'Back to black' was less than a resounding success....both commercially and musically.

TBH
29-Apr-08, 21:24
it would be hard to argue that 'Back to black' was less than a resounding success....both commercially and musically.I'm not having a go Karia, but her album success would pale into insignificance many moons ago. I can safely say that in the singles charts, number ten is mst likely to translate as the thirties, position wise, based on sales.

karia
29-Apr-08, 21:32
I'm not having a go Karia, but her album success would pale into insignificance many moons ago. I can safely say that in the singles charts, number ten is mst likely to translate as the thirties, position wise, based on sales.

But we're not living "many moons ago". These are the current criteria.

Previous methods of recording sales centred around a few record shops and were even less accurate on a wider basis.

TBH
29-Apr-08, 21:45
But we're not living "many moons ago". These are the current criteria.

Previous methods of recording sales centred around a few record shops and were even less accurate on a wider basis.I didn't realise that Many moons ago, was a phrase that deserved to be exclamated in a seemingly derogatory way.
The point is that the charts system is now de-valued when based on sales.

karia
29-Apr-08, 22:03
I didn't realise that Many moons ago, was a phrase that deserved to be exclamated in a seemingly derogatory way.
The point is that the charts system is now de-valued when based on sales.

I used the phrase "many moons ago" as I took it out of your post for further discourse after quoting you in entirety.

Why do you find that seemingly derogatory?:confused

The chart system, both then and now, was always based on sales and therefore flawed.

Boozeburglar
29-Apr-08, 22:40
....both commercially and musically.

The first part is indeed impossible to argue.

The second is entirely a subjective matter. One could argue it is nothing but retro, and were we to make our musical comparisons with the originators we may find it challenged as a musical statement.

I like it, but only in passing, and I uphold anyone's right to suggest it is crap purely on the basis of their taste.

Consensus is no argument when it comes to quality, in music or anything else.

karia
29-Apr-08, 22:55
The first part is indeed impossible to argue.

The second is entirely a subjective matter. One could argue it is nothing but retro, and were we to make our musical comparisons with the originators we may find it challenged as a musical statement.

I like it, but only in passing, and I uphold anyone's right to suggest it is crap purely on the basis of their taste.

Consensus is no argument when it comes to quality, in music or anything else.

Exactly!:D

I only quoted the stats to answer golach's question.

were we all to look at things that way .Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' album would be the best ever made.......

..clearly that ain't the case!;)

TBH
29-Apr-08, 23:47
were we all to look at things that way .Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' album would be the best ever made.......

..clearly that ain't the case!;)It's only the best selling album of all time Karia, clearly they got it wrong.

Boozeburglar
30-Apr-08, 01:22
It is certainly the best selling album by a paedophile.

golach
30-Apr-08, 09:05
Just saw in a newspaper today an article comparing Amy Winehouse to our own Scottish home grown singer Lulu, she is nearing 60 years old, and what a wee stoatar, IMO there is no comparison, I know who I prefer.

MadPict
30-Apr-08, 10:32
Lulu knocks spots of that walking billboard for a blind tattooist...

And before I am rounded on by the Amy fanboys I have listened to her music. I did think her first album different and indeed I recommended it to a female friend who I thought might like it. She had a goodish voice but no better IMO than the likes of Josh Stone or Duffy.

And a heads up for anyone wondering where it all went wrong, next Tuesday on C4 is the last in the run of programmes about 'stars' going downhill (Michael Barrymore was featured last night) - it concerns Amy Winehouse.

No doubt it will give this thread some fresh input...

tisme
30-Apr-08, 11:45
Well I'm sitting here looking out at a gey dreech day in Aberdeen. I have read all the replys in this posting and have to say it has fairly brightened my day, some even made me laugh out loud. Don't you just love living in a democracy?[lol]I love it.......God Bless Caithness.org

percy toboggan
30-Apr-08, 18:00
Lulu! Blimey...I can still remember her appearing on Ready,Steady,Go! c.'65 as a sixteen-ish year old. Shout...she shouted. Lulu actually looks better now than she did then! I dunno whether you'll be able to say the same about Amy in forty-three years time...we'll have to see.

I've heard some of Amy's music...'awld guys' do keep their ears to the ground sometimes. Rehab was pretty good...initial impressions wa sit was sung by a sleazebag...my instincts proved right. Her voice has a certain piquancy...which, if I'd ever been there, might remind me of the docks in Tangier or some other seedy North African haunt of loose women and tight gaffers.

There was another song too...the title eludes me...something like 'no good' perhaps...indeed, it was was very good I recall. She obviously has talent, but there are dozens of good female singers out there who live cleaner lives, and are not splashed all over my newspaper.

I've seen Whinehouse perform, she has little presence on stage but intrigues with those strange little thighs together rubbing movements which suggest, at the very least some fungal infection of her lower urinary tract. If that's all she copped for she should count herself very lucky. I found her appearance at 'The Brits' laughably tragic...if that's not too much of an oxymoron....

..Listen..she might be good at what she does but I have no respect for her, and neither should anyone with an eye on the bigger picture.£10 million?? well that sums up this barmy society where a heroine soaked lush can amass such a fortune and good people go short of sustenance, a roof or essential medical treatment.

karia
30-Apr-08, 18:25
Don't hold back percy........tell us what you really think![lol]

Fungal infections notwithstanding.:roll:

Does your lawyer know you are so free with your 'comments'?

percy toboggan
30-Apr-08, 18:40
Don't hold back percy........tell us what you really think![lol]

Fungal infections.....Does your lawyer know....

I'm pleased to say I do not have either !
That bit of 'athlete's foot' has cleared up on it's own.

karia
30-Apr-08, 18:48
What an interesting...if unscrupulous.. piece of editing on my post.:lol:

I hope Amy's legal team don't get wind of your 'purple prose'.....did you know about her new holiday home in Caithness?[lol]

Boozeburglar
01-May-08, 02:34
Lulu! Blimey...I can still remember her appearing on Ready,Steady,Go! c.'65 as a sixteen-ish year old. Shout...she shouted. Lulu actually looks better now than she did then! I dunno whether you'll be able to say the same about Amy in forty-three years time...we'll have to see.

I've heard some of Amy's music...'awld guys' do keep their ears to the ground sometimes. Rehab was pretty good...initial impressions wa sit was sung by a sleazebag...my instincts proved right. Her voice has a certain piquancy...which, if I'd ever been there, might remind me of the docks in Tangier or some other seedy North African haunt of loose women and tight gaffers.

There was another song too...the title eludes me...something like 'no good' perhaps...indeed, it was was very good I recall. She obviously has talent, but there are dozens of good female singers out there who live cleaner lives, and are not splashed all over my newspaper.

I've seen Whinehouse perform, she has little presence on stage but intrigues with those strange little thighs together rubbing movements which suggest, at the very least some fungal infection of her lower urinary tract. If that's all she copped for she should count herself very lucky. I found her appearance at 'The Brits' laughably tragic...if that's not too much of an oxymoron....

..Listen..she might be good at what she does but I have no respect for her, and neither should anyone with an eye on the bigger picture.£10 million?? well that sums up this barmy society where a heroine soaked lush can amass such a fortune and good people go short of sustenance, a roof or essential medical treatment.

Awesome post, DUDE!

100% wth you.

bekisman
07-May-08, 18:21
In the news again:
Singer Amy Winehouse has been arrested in connection with alleged drug offences, her spokesman has said

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7388721.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7388721.stm)

trix
07-May-08, 18:57
i hevna even read 'e whole thread cos am seik o' hearin aboot her...

i do lek her music but.....will we still be listenin til her in 20 years time??

i doubt it very much...

when ye think 'o eva cassidy..ella fitzgerald....joan armatradin...'e list goes on...

alot o' amys material is centered aroond drugs...

''got til call the green man...ill get ma weed an ye get yer weed''

:roll::roll:

she wilna go doon in history singin aboot crap lek 'at....

get yersel some new material amy....an get rid o' yer husband while yer 'at'ed...

karia
07-May-08, 19:07
i hevna even read 'e whole thread cos am seik o' hearin aboot her...

Yup!

There's not much point in folks complaining that she is getting too much publicity and then perpetuating that by posting about her on the Org.:roll:

northener
07-May-08, 19:18
The girl's got a good voice, but she seemed to spend most of her set at Glastonbury and other gigs banging out other peoples indifferent songs. The whole thing left me cold.

The last time I saw anyone hyped as much as her and turn out to be not worthy of the hype, it was Macy Gray who was being shouted about.

Boozeburglar
07-May-08, 19:53
If she's in the news she'll likely be on the org; being a topical message board.

Sure she will most likely be forgotten in thirty years, but I would say that goes for Eva Cassidy too. Never got what was so special about her.

karia
07-May-08, 20:05
[quote=Boozeburglar;
Sure she will most likely be forgotten in thirty years, but I would say that goes for Eva Cassidy too. Never got what was so special about her.[/quote]

I used to think a lot of people were influenced by her very early and tragic demise...her rendition of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' was certainly milked for it's poignancy factor.

However, trix recently sent me some of Eva Cassidy's songs and so I sat down and listened with an open mind.... ....there's certainly a real 'purity' to her voice and I am certainly glad I gave her a second chance.

Ta trix!;)

percy toboggan
07-May-08, 20:29
Cassidy was okay.....but if you want a good female singer look at Stevie Nicks c.1975/82...Barbara Dickson...Kate Rusby...Joan Armatradingstamps...Brenda Lee...Kathy Kirby...Ella....Burly Chassis....Maddy Prior...Natalie Merchant....Sandy Denny..and umpteen others I've forgotten.

Sorry to mention Whinehouse on the .org karia but she's not going to sustain world interest via this relatively parochial medium is she? ...a slightly sub-standard point that one I though....and you'd been doing ever so well ;-)

She was in the Mail again yesterday - three photos...looking bedraggled and in one in particular bore a striking resemblance to a monkey....(the face). So, given her lack of good looks, her untenable grasp on a drug free reality...and the fact that her catterwauling seems to hold few in thrall, I'd say her days were numbered....lets hope this latest escapade gets her sixty, at least.

Kevin Milkins
07-May-08, 20:38
Cassidy was okay.....but if you want a good female singer look at Stevie Nicks c.1975/82...Barbara Dickson...Kate Rusby...Joan Armatradingstamps...Brenda Lee...Kathy Kirby...Ella....Burly Chassis....Maddy Prior...Natalie Merchant....Sandy Denny..and umpteen others I've forgotten.

Sorry to mention Whinehouse on the .org karia but she's not going to sustain world interest via this relatively parochial medium is she? ...a slightly sub-standard point that one I though....and you'd been doing ever so well ;-)

She was in the Mail again yesterday - three photos...looking bedraggled and in one in particular bore a striking resemblance to a monkey....(the face). So, given her lack of good looks, her untenable grasp on a drug free reality...and the fact that her catterwauling seems to hold few in thrall, I'd say her days were numbered....lets hope this latest escapade gets her sixty, at least.

Your holding back a bit tonight Perce ,What about her pox ,pimples and piles.:lol:

percy toboggan
07-May-08, 20:44
Your holding back a bit tonight Perce ,What about her pox ,pimples and piles.:lol:

splendid alliteration Kevin...I feel a song to the tune of Hawkind's 'Quark, Strangeness and Time' coming on....I think.;)

karia
07-May-08, 20:46
Cassidy was okay.....but if you want a good female singer look at Stevie Nicks c.1975/82...Barbara Dickson...Kate Rusby...Joan Armatradingstamps...Brenda Lee...Kathy Kirby...Ella....Burly Chassis....Maddy Prior...Natalie Merchant....Sandy Denny..and umpteen others I've forgotten..

Funny that percy..when trix sent me the Eva Cassidy CD, I sent her Natalie merchant's.:)

Will also endorse Sandy Denny and Maddy Prior...... but Barbara Dickson?!:roll:

Kevin Milkins
07-May-08, 20:54
Funny that percy..when trix sent me the Eva Cassidy CD, I sent her Natalie merchant's.:)

I remember Barbara Dickson singing "I looked at life from both sides now"
and I liked it . I also get over the rim of glasses look when I metion her as well.lol

percy toboggan
07-May-08, 20:55

I quite like Babs meself...or did twenty five years ago.
So...10,000 Maniacs mean something to you too then ?

trix
07-May-08, 21:07

sure dis til me - cheers Ak ;)

karia
07-May-08, 21:07
I quite like Babs meself...or did twenty five years ago.

Indeed they do...they are 'In My Tribe';)

Soundtrack to a big adventure I had some years ago when I ran away from my life (via a roadtrip round the Highlands) and found a better one.

Listened to them sing 'Jack Kerouac' on the shores of Loch Morar...via a Music player naturally.:)

MadPict
07-May-08, 21:10
I watched the documentary on Amy Crackhouse last night - seems it all went to pot when she hooked up with Blake Fielder-Civil.
In fact, according to a close friend of hers, she is lucky to be alive after Blake Fielder-Civil and her went on a drug taking binge - if he had OD'd as well then we may have been reading about the death of another "star"...

There is no doubt the families of both are doing their best to help them sort their lives out - I suspect she is on the downward spiral of self destruction.

While her first album wasn't too bad I fail to see how she has risen to such heights of popularity on her wailings...

Bobinovich
07-May-08, 21:53
when ye think 'o .......joan armatradin...'e list goes on...

.....but if you want a good female singer look at ...Joan Armatradingstamps........and umpteen others I've forgotten.

Thanks Trix & Percy - reminded me of this absolute classic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hENDDCwEv1c) so I just had to go and have a check around 'e Tube fer it... timeless piece

trix
07-May-08, 22:07
straight intil ma favourites ;)

'ats amazin 'at bob, i choost doonlodded 'at album intil ma ipod aday...

pure class....cana get any better

northener
07-May-08, 22:25
Thanks Trix & Percy - reminded me of this absolute classic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hENDDCwEv1c) so I just had to go and have a check around 'e Tube fer it... timeless piece

Brilliant.

I'll go along with Kate Rusby and Maddy Prior too. Try listening to 'The Miners Hymn' by the Silly Sisters (Maddy Prior and June Tabor)....gets me every time.

Does Amy Winehouse compare to artists like these? Nope. Not even in the same league.

trix
07-May-08, 22:34
no even in 'e same league northener....

kate rusby aye - fare thee well ;)

i never even watched amy crackheid last nite, i watched jools holland on bbc2...

alison krauss an robert plant sangg a couple o' numbers an emmylou harris put a tune oot her asweel...

excellent....

amy who?? :roll:

Anne x
07-May-08, 23:25
Trix I was lucky to hear Emmylou Harris at the famous Ryman (the old home of Opry ) in Nashville amazing also heard Alison Krauss and Union Station (her band ) at another venue never really liked her but it was the year she won the Horizon Award and was buzzing

Amy Winehouse well Im battling here to keep awake to watch the documentary

trix
07-May-08, 23:45
aw, yer so lucky anne...

aye, am watchin'ed too, choost cos am seik o' ma homework :roll:

she hes got some voice tho....if only she'd get hersel oot 'e bit eh?

Lord Flasheart
08-May-08, 18:47
First Post .. Hello.

Have to agree with Percy here, she isnt attractive is she ??

Looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with an icepick.

Im not really in tune with the goings on in Caithness (yet) so this seemed as topical a thread as any for me to start on.

Oh, and her music is rubbish too.

percy toboggan
08-May-08, 19:41
Welcome Lord Flasheart...I must say it's a pleasant change to see such a confident and opinionated first post...as opposed to the tremulous dip-a-toe-in-the-water approach. I'm sure we won't agree on much else, but welcome aboard.

silverfox57
08-May-08, 19:47
First Post .. Hello.

Have to agree with Percy here, she isnt attractive is she ??

Looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with an icepick.

Im not really in tune with the goings on in Caithness (yet) so this seemed as topical a thread as any for me to start on.

Oh, and her music is rubbish too.
welcome to the org hope you enjoy posting:lol:

sweetpea
08-May-08, 23:25
Jeepers. I've been away for a week and we're still on about her! :roll:

karia
08-May-08, 23:39
Jeepers. I've been away for a week and we're still on about her! :roll:

Yup, the folks that think she is too much in the public eye just cannae help but keep her there....and sadly here!:roll:

Maybe I could go to 'rehab' knowing that at least I will be safe from her there...

...I said yeah, yeah, yeah!;)

sweetpea
08-May-08, 23:41
Yup, the folks that think she is too much in the public eye just cannae help but keep her there....and sadly here!:roll:

Maybe I could go to 'rehab' knowing that at least I will be safe from her there...

...I said yeah, yeah, yeah!;)

LOL I'm off to let ma tears dry on their own.......:)

trix
08-May-08, 23:47
Sure she will most likely be forgotten in thirty years, but I would say that goes for Eva Cassidy too. Never got what was so special about her.

ye should listen til 'live at blues alley' - eva cassidy an ye widna say 'at...oot o' 'iss world :eek:

in ma opinion anyway....

karia
08-May-08, 23:48
LOL I'm off to let ma tears dry on their own.......:)

My favourite track by far sweetpea.... You got class!;)

sweetpea
08-May-08, 23:51
Does anyone on this thread like old 60's girl bands like The Ronettes or The Supremes, if ya do that's where Amy gets her inspiration from and her old teacher at Brit school who is a conductor for Royal Philharmonic says she has perfect intonation, whatever that means.

scorrie
09-May-08, 12:54
her old teacher at Brit school who is a conductor for Royal Philharmonic says she has perfect intonation, whatever that means.

Perfect Intonation:-

"The ability to hold a cider can and crack pipe simultaneously, drawing from each in the ideal rhythm"

weefee
09-May-08, 15:11
"well that sums up this barmy society where a heroine soaked lush can amass such a fortune and good people go short of sustenance, a roof or essential medical treatment"

Nothing new here, the delightful George Best was seen as a hero across the land, and young boys aspired to be the drunken, womanising football legend for years...Maradonna is another example, and in Argentina i believe he is almost godlike...

Van Gogh was very likely addicted to absinthe, which was probably related to him cutting his ear off...but his paintings still sell at scary prices.

Whether or not we like it...drug, drink and other addictions will affect humanity for ever, sadly its human nature, a bit like morbid curiosity!

If people are so annoyed with publications or programmes that show these people...simply make a choice...dont buy, don't watch.

Boozeburglar
09-May-08, 15:29
ye should listen til 'live at blues alley' - eva cassidy an ye widna say 'at...oot o' 'iss world :eek:

in ma opinion anyway....

Hear it all when it came out, like I say doesn't tickle my fancy.

Guess I have spent too much time with Mahalia and Aretha.

Amy has a great set of pipes, but they have not really carried any fresh water.

Kevin Milkins
09-May-08, 15:31
"well that sums up this barmy society where a heroine soaked lush can amass such a fortune and good people go short of sustenance, a roof or essential medical treatment"

Nothing new here, the delightful George Best was seen as a hero across the land, and young boys aspired to be the drunken, womanising football legend for years...Maradonna is another example, and in Argentina i believe he is almost godlike...

Van Gogh was very likely addicted to absinthe, which was probably related to him cutting his ear off...but his paintings still sell at scary prices.

Whether or not we like it...drug, drink and other addictions will affect humanity for ever, sadly its human nature, a bit like morbid curiosity!

If people are so annoyed with publications or programmes that show these people...simply make a choice...dont buy, don't watch.

I grew up in the George Best era and thought he was a hero and did all the drinking and womanising I could , just to be like my hero.

I also like Van Gogh paintings ,but I am ed if I am going to cut my ear off.:lol: How will I hold my glasses on .

Aaldtimer
09-May-08, 15:34
Weefee, VvG only ever sold one painting during his lifetime.:~(

percy toboggan
09-May-08, 19:16
Indeed they do...they are 'In My Tribe';)

Soundtrack to a big adventure I had some years ago when I ran away from my life (via a roadtrip round the Highlands) and found a better one.

Listened to them sing 'Jack Kerouac' on the shores of Loch Morar...via a Music player naturally.

I listened to it on the corners of Haight/Ashbury in San Francisco...where Jack, and the later hippy movement sprang from I think...the track merged into 'Like the Weather' as I drove over the Golden Gate in thick bay fog...emerging into bright sunlight at the other end....I'd have preferred Morar. Mebbes I need a another roadtrip...Lord knows I get few enough at work (proper ones)

Must have been quite a journey Karia.

Good on ye trix: Great Band...nothing's the matter here eh ;)

karia
09-May-08, 19:34
I listened to it on the corners of Haight/Ashbury in San Francisco...where Jack, and the later hippy movement sprang from I think...the track merged into 'Like the Weather' as I drove over the Golden Gate in thick bay fog...emerging into bright sunlight at the other end....I'd have preferred Morar. Mebbes I need a another roadtrip...Lord knows I get few enough at work (proper ones)

Must have been quite a journey Karia.

Good on ye trix: Great Band...nothing's the matter here eh ;)

It was the best percy!:)

TBH
10-May-08, 00:15
Brilliant.

I'll go along with Kate Rusby and Maddy Prior too. Try listening to 'The Miners Hymn' by the Silly Sisters (Maddy Prior and June Tabor)....gets me every time.

Does Amy Winehouse compare to artists like these? Nope. Not even in the same league.I reckon Isla St Clair is a better singer than Maddy Prior.

Boozeburglar
10-May-08, 13:00
One of my pals has toured with Rusby a lot and he reckons she is just two yards behind Winehouse on the journey to despair and doom. NOT!

She is a great example of someone with talent making the best of it, keeping her self discipline and not letting the 'lifestyle' get hold of her.

Winehouse is just another example of someone blessed with talent throwing it away grand style, whose addiction to the 'lifestyle' prevails over any attempt to preserve and enhance her gift.

The difference between the pair of them is much more than just the music they are involved in.

I hope she pulls through it and finds out there is more to life than cigarettes and alcohol. Oh hang on, she has...crack cocaine! Well let us hope she settles down and starts to value herself enough to survive.

percy toboggan
10-May-08, 13:44
Kate Rusby's a cheerful Yorkshire lass with her feet planted firmly on the ground. Very down to earth and approachable...we saw four of her very intimate gigs just before she was breaking big c.'98/99...I'm talking upstairs in a pub with about forty people in a room not much bigger than our livvy! I think she's married McCusker now and good luck to 'em. The woman is a tonic...and sings like the Barnsley nightingale she is. Chalk and cheese to Whinehouse...who is again photographed in my newspaper this very morning...with Amanda Platell picking up on MY 'monkey' comment....I should get a fee !

The Pepsi Challenge
10-May-08, 13:48
Definitely not married to McCusker. Not anymore anyway. With his current profile his girlfriends are skinnier and much more glamorous.

percy toboggan
10-May-08, 13:53
Definitely not married to McCusker. Not anymore anyway. With his current profile his girlfriends are skinnier and much more glamorous.

I withdraw my comments...I thought they'd got married...perhaps she married someone else;)...I followed her career closely for a year or so, but as she got bigger and bigger, my interest fell away slightly.

Last time I saw her was '00 with a band at Buxton Opera House.

Boozeburglar
10-May-08, 15:35

And with Kate's qualities she doesn't have to settle for a baldy fella with a face like a welder's bench. Anyway, weight can go up as well as down, and I don't remember Ms. Talbot being that skinny. Kate Rusby is far from minging, I definitely would not say, "No, no, no!" to her were I available and she delusional.

TBH
10-May-08, 16:53
Amy is an amazing singer and very sexy looking:[lol]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953QO6oQOXc

The Pepsi Challenge
11-May-08, 01:01
And with Kate's qualities she doesn't have to settle for a baldy fella with a face like a welder's bench. Anyway, weight can go up as well as down, and I don't remember Ms. Talbot being that skinny. Kate Rusby is far from minging, I definitely would not say, "No, no, no!" to her were I available and she delusional.

Granted, but you have to admit his main squeeze is hotter than blowtorched chilli con carne.

Dog-eared
11-May-08, 15:18
Kate Rusby's not bad looking........
http://www.peterbartonguitars.co.uk/images/photos/rusby03.jpg