PDA

View Full Version : television Nancys

percy toboggan
26-Apr-08, 08:22
I really enjoy this weekly treat on the telly...great entertainment.

Do you rate it...?
http://t0boggan.wordpress.com/2008/04/26/search-for-a-sparrow/

Highland Laddie
26-Apr-08, 09:20
Sad sad ;)

the_count
26-Apr-08, 11:53
And i thought i was missing something lol ..... not into those "am i talented" sort of things. Must be something good on one of the other umpteen channels 'cos i've never even seen it advertised. :lol:

Metalattakk
26-Apr-08, 13:56
Hoping to raise the visitor stats for your 'blog, percy? ;)

As Highland Laddie said above - sad, sad.

honey
26-Apr-08, 14:14
ive been watching this one, and really enjoying it. I like Jodie, i can totally see her being Nancy!

TBH
26-Apr-08, 15:58
Badger was being pretty nasty.:lol:

karia
26-Apr-08, 19:12

To be fair to Badger....reading that blog entry is 5 minutes of their life they won't get back!;)

percy toboggan
26-Apr-08, 20:19
from Nancy to nasty in no time at all eh...?
Cut me to the quick he didn't.

Can't win em all....;-)

karia
26-Apr-08, 20:27
Ah Percy..if ye seek to be a features journalist/critic of any merit ye will roll with the punches.;)

Perhaps it was an over long analysis of a programme that is over short in content/merit....ye needs to stretch yer talent not limit it mate.

Ashley hails fie Falkirk district and loads of cars here hev 'support Ashley' stickers...civic pride at it's cheapest!:roll:

percy toboggan
26-Apr-08, 20:30
You're right Karia...I roll with the brickbats...and welcome any input at all, at all.
Taped it tonight. going to watch it with my Lad later, he's up fot'weekend from the posher end of Leicestershire...Worthies and Speckled Hen chillin' in the fridge (just a bit)...he likes Nancy's too.... a fact which mildly surprised me.

George Brims
26-Apr-08, 21:22
That programme is excruciating. Watching it made me realise there is something I hate worse than Broadway show tunes - West End show tunes. There isn't a song in that entire "musical" that doesn't make me cringe.

percy toboggan
27-Apr-08, 08:40
last night's show was poor...almost wish I'd kept me gob shut...but never mind. Song choice last night was not good...

badger
27-Apr-08, 09:28

Karia PMd me about Percy's Blog and I had no idea what she was talking about so have just looked at it. That is not me and I'm surprised anyone could think I would post a comment like that. Obviously there are other Badgers in this world. Or maybe TBH's smiley was to indicate that he was joking?

Whatever - not guilty m'Lud - twasn't me, wasn't there :eek:. Thanks Karia for letting me know so I can clear my name.

Oddquine
27-Apr-08, 09:50
I have to say I resent Graham Norton being called a Nancy on your blog, PT......maybe because I really am one...and I'm not male! :~(

Loch not Lock
27-Apr-08, 09:57
Backed Sarah at 14/1 at the start so I am finding it difficult to control my excitement - she's 4/1 now. Cannot understand anyone fancying Jodie - she's too old and large. She should go tonight but definately won't. I am afraid tonight's eviction is Keisha. Hope that doesn't spoil any other Orger's viewing.;)

alfie
27-Apr-08, 18:07
I have enjoyed this prog. but think that some of the comments have been a bit harsh, must say though that all of the Irish contestants are in a class of their own!

Loch not Lock
27-Apr-08, 20:15
Backed Sarah at 14/1 at the start so I am finding it difficult to control my excitement - she's 4/1 now. Cannot understand anyone fancying Jodie - she's too old and large. She should go tonight but definately won't. I am afraid tonight's eviction is Keisha. Hope that doesn't spoil any other Orger's viewing.;)

I apologise for revealing my prior knowledge.:confused

Loch not Lock
03-May-08, 18:36
Tonight's bottom two will be Ashley(definately) and Jodie( hopefully). Sadly I think the Scot's girl will go unless the Scottish vote is strong enough to keep her in. Personally I'd love to see the back of Jodie - not literally, far too large.:)

Loch not Lock
03-May-08, 19:07
Tonight's bottom two will be Ashley(definately) and Jodie( hopefully). Sadly I think the Scot's girl will go unless the Scottish vote is strong enough to keep her in. Personally I'd love to see the back of Jodie - not literally, far too large.:)

Fellow Orgers - Please put your bottom two predictions on here before they start:confused

karia
03-May-08, 20:13
Please vote to keep Ashley in.....

....otherwise she might come back home to Falkirk, and we have to live here.;)

miaowwwwwwwww![lol]

Venture
03-May-08, 20:45
Sorry Karia Jessie gets my vote to win the show. Ashley and Jodie to be bottom two this week.

karia
03-May-08, 21:40
Sorry Karia Jessie gets my vote to win the show. Ashley and Jodie to be bottom two this week.

I agree Venture..Jessie is the only one I can see in the role as I know it.

Loch not Lock
04-May-08, 00:41
Please vote to keep Ashley in.....

....otherwise she might come back home to Falkirk, and we have to live here.;)

miaowwwwwwwww![lol]

Sorry Karia but Ashley has gone, gone,gone. She had lowest vote by some margin and I cannot see Andrew Lloyd Webber saving her again.
She'll be back along the street on Wednesday.[disgust]

Loch not Lock
04-May-08, 00:44
Sorry Karia but Ashley has gone, gone,gone. She had lowest vote by some margin and I cannot see Andrew Lloyd Webber saving her again.
She'll be back along the street on Wednesday.[disgust]

At least Falkirk will have another star!;)

percy toboggan
04-May-08, 07:38
I thought last nights prog a huge improvement on the week before.
Two of the women stood out for me ...Jessie and Sarah..the latter is improving week by week but the former seem to have it all, including naturally dark hair...always a bonus in my book..she has a refreshingly flawed face too, not out of place in Dickensian London...and of course an excellent singing voice. An hour passed smoothly, no heavy intellectual commitment required...early saturday evening telly at it's most harmless, I feel. However, I'd not contemplate a phone-vote on this one, not yet anyway.
I should be getting out more, but saving up for holidays.

karia
04-May-08, 19:32
She'll be back along the street on Wednesday.

You were saying!;)

Hope you didn't have a bet on that Loch not Lock[lol]

Anne x
04-May-08, 19:42
cannot believe that Ashley is still there !!! is it Scotland voting like in the Josephs
Jessie and Sam for me

OH in background muttering bin them all [lol]

It wisna that the day we the fitba score lol

percy toboggan
04-May-08, 21:00
That young lass Sarah should not have gone out tonight. I liked her manner,she could belt out a song and when she let her hair down she looked the part en all.
I enjoyed it...harmless hokum and a showcase for genuine talent. Let the mockers knock and the knockers mock....even Lloyd-Webbers facial gymnastics are growing on me....he seems like a decent gadge....and so much more endearing than Simon Cowell & Co.

golach
04-May-08, 21:08
cannot believe that Ashley is still there !!! is it Scotland voting like in the Josephs
Jessie and Sam for me

OH in background muttering bin them all [lol]

It wisna that the day we the fitba score lol
Anne x, you OH is a man of tatse, I would say exactly the same as him , and the other subject as weel [lol]

balto
04-May-08, 21:15
i havent watched this from the start but have been watching for the past few weeks now and must say i am really enjoying.

Loch not Lock
04-May-08, 22:29
You were saying!;)

Hope you didn't have a bet on that Loch not Lock[lol]

I am afraid I had and it cost me £ 560. I deserve it, it seems impossible to predict the voting masses.:(

Loch not Lock
04-May-08, 22:40
Fortunately I've managed to make a few quid before that financial disaster tonight - still can't believe the outcome. Sarah was a certainty for the finals with me. I am an idiot!!!!!:~(

Anne x
04-May-08, 23:36
That young lass Sarah should not have gone out tonight. I liked her manner,she could belt out a song and when she let her hair down she looked the part en all.
I enjoyed it...harmless hokum and a showcase for genuine talent. Let the mockers knock and the knockers mock....even Lloyd-Webbers facial gymnastics are growing on me....he seems like a decent gadge....and so much more endearing than Simon Cowell & Co.

I agree but not with the scottish voters for once !!!
Ashley is not Nancy as Keith from Dalkeith was not Joseph having said that he put up a good fight at the time to get to the final never to be heard of since although others have got parts in London Productions and Edinburgh Playhouse even he was the narrator !!!
Jessie or Sam for me