PDA

View Full Version : Really smooth soles!

Fluff
25-Apr-08, 19:42
I have just bought the most gorgeous pair of shoes (on sale too). I can put up with the discomfort but the soles are really smooth and I keep sliding about!

I can't quite bring myself to take the cheese grater to them, does anyone have any tips to make them less slidy?

dellwak
25-Apr-08, 19:46
Super glue???

Anji
25-Apr-08, 20:02
Rough sandpaper - but don't get too carried away!

ashaw1
25-Apr-08, 20:06
Rough sandpaper - but don't get too carried away!
Exactly what i was going to say! Either that or just wear them outside a couple of times, the nice shiny surface will soon wear down.

Fluff
25-Apr-08, 20:09
Might try that, will have to go and buy some lol.

There is a pretty image embossed on the bottom, but I have no idea why! I have NO intention in stepping in anything that will leave in imprint lol

Now all I need is an occasion to get dressed up!

Moi x
26-Apr-08, 01:02
just wear them outside a couple of times, the nice shiny surface will soon wear down. That's what I do. Keep your weight on the soles and rotate them about the heels or drag your soles along the road when walking.

Why do the gorgeous ones always have shiny soles? :confused

Moi x

George Brims
26-Apr-08, 01:42
Why do the gorgeous ones always have shiny soles? :confused
Perhaps they are only meant to be worn indoors on luxurious carpet?

sam
26-Apr-08, 10:04
If the soles are thick enough why dont you try metal segs, you can get small ones.

CurlyTop
26-Apr-08, 10:17
I have just bought the most gorgeous pair of shoes (on sale too). I can put up with the discomfort but the soles are really smooth and I keep sliding about!

I can't quite bring myself to take the cheese grater to them, does anyone have any tips to make them less slidy?

Whenever I have bought new shoes with the same issue if you score them lightly in a criss-cross fashion with a knife that usually works! Dancers use the same method too!!

poppett
26-Apr-08, 10:29
I rub my shiny soles on the edge of a concrete step, and that works. Also Woolies used to have fine stick-on-soles for dressy shoes.

the_count
26-Apr-08, 12:26
i would suggest going to one of the nightclubs and walk around in there. There is so much sticky stuff on the floor that by the end of the night ya should be able to walk up the walls lol :lol: