PDA

View Full Version : Old Pulteney Liqueur

htwood
18-Nov-05, 00:50
Hi folks, any ideas on how I can get a bottle of this liqueur shipped to the States? I handcarried some last year, and a wee mouse has been into it, and me without a sip!
The distillery has not responded to my email. Distributors here give me the runaround, mostly talk of "unlabelled ingredients". (dont they know that's the tasty bits)
thanks, any suggestions appreciated. -H

Fran
18-Nov-05, 00:58
im sure the distillery arrange postage, give them a phonecall if they are not responding to your e-mails.

Kenn
18-Nov-05, 01:02
As I understand current regulations in The USA food, alcohol and various other items cannot be sent on a one off basis. They can be imported if the relevent licence has been approved by your central government and subject to the necessary controls.
I can also confirm that it is not possible to send bottles even as a gift as there are severe restrictions both by our own postal system and yours.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Rheghead
18-Nov-05, 01:09
I took over a bottle of op last year to the us in hand luggage with no problem.

Chillie
18-Nov-05, 02:28
Try Gordon and Macphail in Elgin they distribute the stuff.

htwood
18-Nov-05, 05:20
Thanks to all for your responses. Will check them out and let you know what I manage to procure (or not).

but sheesh, Rheghead, couldnt you have come by my house to offer a dram. Some pal you are! hehe

Murdina Bug
18-Nov-05, 09:12
Try having a look at www.getwhisky.com (http://www.getwhisky.com) which is run by Mackay's in Thurso. They don't mention overseas postage but I think they are prepared to try so might be worth a shot. Enjoy!

jay
18-Nov-05, 09:50
we're just making it difficult for it to leave the county! just like carlsberg!

captain chaos
18-Nov-05, 10:32
www.getwhisky.com which is run by J A Mackay in Thurso send all kinds of Whisky and spirits to my sister in Canada with no postal or customs problems.

Give the web site a look.

htwood
19-Nov-05, 22:38
Thanks for all suggestions. Mackay's in Thurso will send it over, of course the postage is more than the bottle, but hey, the mouse who nipped it dry will be paying.
Cheers, Helen

perdomcgrory
19-Nov-05, 23:03
Thanks for all suggestions. Mackay's in Thurso will send it over, of course the postage is more than the bottle, but hey, the mouse who nipped it dry will be paying.
Cheers, Helenye'd be cheaper gettin a cat,or a moose trap