PDA

View Full Version : costumes

Sketch
17-Nov-05, 23:34
Does anyone know of anywhere local that sell or hire fancy dress costumes?

William
17-Nov-05, 23:39
Don't think there are any local unless there is in inverness, i recon you could pick something really cheap up on ebay though.

Just out of curriosity what kind of costume are you looking for?

twee dledum
17-Nov-05, 23:45
Didnt someone in Lybster used to do it?

angela5
17-Nov-05, 23:52
yes, i am sure someone in lybster did.

Sketch
18-Nov-05, 17:45
It's a costume for my missus for the fun day something christmas related it's just at a bit short notice to be able to buy on ebay or online really

thanks for your help

William
18-Nov-05, 17:53
It's a costume for my missus for the fun day something christmas related it's just at a bit short notice to be able to buy on ebay or online really

thanks for your help

oh i see, oh well good luck finding something :)

spiggie
18-Nov-05, 18:37
Ebay is generally quite good for getting your items to you quickly depending on the seller but im sure if you explained the situation they would send it asap :)

porshiepoo
18-Nov-05, 21:57
I hear woolies are doing good offers on all dress up! Any help? ;)

abalone
19-Nov-05, 00:38
I`ve got an Egyptian costume,it`s very classy,royal blue with silver embroidery.You might not think it`s Christmassy but the Magi wore fancy clothes.I`d have to post it though.

angela5
19-Nov-05, 09:28
I hear woolies are doing good offers on all dress up! Any help? ;)

woolies in wick/thurso don't have adult dress up costumes, maybe there is a woolies in lybster then!!! and we've just missed it.
Any help? are you wanting to dress up to?

porshiepoo
19-Nov-05, 09:31
woolies in wick/thurso don't have adult dress up costumes, maybe there is a woolies in lybster then!!! and we've just missed it.
Any help? are you wanting to dress up to?

Actually I'm so tiny that I do fit into the kids costumes :rolleyes:

I dress up all the time mate! ;)

angela5
19-Nov-05, 09:48
stop taking the mick porshiepoo, i'm being serious.
someone in Lybster did do fancy dress for adults,
he did window cleaning, car valeting, also did mobile disco's.
i've a feeling his name was peter, maybe someone else will know a little more.

Blondie
19-Nov-05, 09:53
Peter Sutherland. Not sure if he still does all that stuff though. Not heard of him in years!

angela5
19-Nov-05, 09:55
Peter Sutherland. Not sure if he still does all that stuff though. Not heard of him in years!

Thank you Blondie,, that's him he was in the paper not so long ago advertising car valeting.

porshiepoo
19-Nov-05, 10:11
Good lord Geezer, lets hope a costume gives you a bit more personality!:(

Besides, i wasn't taking the mick, I DO fit into the kiddies ones in woolies!

angela5
19-Nov-05, 10:20
Good lord Geezer, lets hope a costume gives you a bit more personality!:(

Besides, i wasn't taking the mick, I DO fit into the kiddies ones in woolies!

i think if you read this thread again you will find i ain't looking for a costume,
and seeing as you think so are so funny i wonder what's available to change you personality!! two walking sticks perhaps, you should get out more instead of slatherin over your computer trying to belittle people.
very good so you are tiny, pity other parts of you were'nt, (ha ha )

Caveat
19-Nov-05, 10:23
Deary deary me, you two should hear yourselves!
Geezer, porshiepoo was obviously joking.
Porshiepoo, try being serious for once!

porshiepoo
19-Nov-05, 10:27
I'm sure I don't know what you mean Geezer! All of me's tiny!

You really are like a bear with a sore head in a morning aren't you!

On a brighter note - because I'm not like a bear with a sore head - I hope Sketch finds his costume! :D

angela5
19-Nov-05, 10:29
Deary deary me, you two should hear yourselves!
Geezer, porshiepoo was obviously joking.
Porshiepoo, try being serious for once!

if porshiepoo wants to be joking all the time she should stick to the joke threads, not stick her nose in on serious threads and wind people up, a lot of threads on here she's done just that.

angela5
19-Nov-05, 10:32
Sketch i hope you find what your looking for, try Peter Sutherland he did do them before. don't go to woolies they don't have what your looking for.

porshiepoo
19-Nov-05, 10:32
Look Geezer, I made a very genuine comment on the woolies costumes, I didn't know who they were for or what age!
You had to make sarcastic comments about the woolies in Lybster!

So, in this instance it would appear YOU are the mickey taker! :D

Now, give over and stick to the topic in hand! :rolleyes: Go back to bed if need be!

angela5
19-Nov-05, 10:36
sketch was looking for one for his wife!!!!!
your a little a stirring mood this morn go walk your dogs.

porshiepoo
19-Nov-05, 10:37
Up at 4.30, done that already! It's my day off and I can't seem to get used to laying in!

I'm not stirring neither, just stating a fact. :rolleyes:

lizzie
19-Nov-05, 10:43
Sketch i hope you find what your looking for, try Peter Sutherland he did do them before. don't go to woolies they don't have what your looking for.

peter sutherland did do them, loads of people hired them at christmas etc.
it is worth finding out his number to enquire.
woolworths only do kiddies dress up and not much of a display either, that was a ridiculos suggestion especially as it was an adult looking for a costume.:confused:

crayola
19-Nov-05, 16:34
Actually I'm so tiny that I do fit into the kids costumes :rolleyes:

I dress up all the time mate! ;)
Are you a real fairy then? Or do you you just dress up like one?

(Sorry for being a bit silly on a serious thread but I couldn't resist a taking a potshot at Tinkerpoobell.)

porshiepoo
19-Nov-05, 21:01
Water off a duck's back Crayola! I've had worse and from more important people than you! :p

Lizzie, It was not a ridiculous suggestion, I take it from that then that you can't fit into them yourself!
Being tiny is actually no laughing matter.

krieve
19-Nov-05, 21:11
look who's not reading the threads now porshiepoo

porshiepoo
19-Nov-05, 21:13
????????????????????????????

peedie man
19-Nov-05, 21:29
maybe the imigrants have hired all the costumes:rolleyes:

Sketch
19-Nov-05, 22:05
Thanks guys will try peter and woolies see what they have

Thanks for your help
sketch

twee dledum
19-Nov-05, 22:10
Sketch wil you let us know if Peter still does them. Just out of interest!

perdomcgrory
19-Nov-05, 22:13
i ken a mannie in e glebe that can get ye anything ye ask for. for a small fee o course. no questions asked....

angela5
19-Nov-05, 22:29
nice to see some people are with me on this one

perdomcgrory
19-Nov-05, 23:08
nice to see some people are with me on this oneaye geezer that posh poo is a bit o a pain in arse

krieve
19-Nov-05, 23:13
Two true .:)

lizzie
19-Nov-05, 23:14
Water off a duck's back Crayola! I've had worse and from more important people than you! :p

Lizzie, It was not a ridiculous suggestion, I take it from that then that you can't fit into them yourself!
Being tiny is actually no laughing matter.

sorry porshipoo, i don't fit in them, and its hard to believe at 33 years old you can fit into clothing of a 10 year old!!! you really are away with the fairies.
i'm not laughing at small people so don't go down that road, but you really can't be that little surely unless you have something wrong with you that you have not shared with us, if you are telling the truth how on earth do you manage to walk great danes??

twee dledum
19-Nov-05, 23:15
this is about the only thing that we are all agreeing on. Hw do you start a poll????

perdomcgrory
19-Nov-05, 23:16
sorry porshipoo, i don't fit in them, and its hard to believe at 33 years old you can fit into clothing of a 10 year old!!! you really are away with the fairies.
i'm not laughing at small people so don't go down that road, but you really can't be that little surely unless you have something wrong with you that you have not shared with us, if you are telling the truth how on earth do you manage to walk great danes??if she wiz walkin doon e road wi 2 great danes how would ye tell e 3 o them apart?

krieve
19-Nov-05, 23:20
Maybe she's the tooth fairy.:D

twee dledum
19-Nov-05, 23:23
I bet she is too. thats why i never got my 50p!! ad iv no a tooth left in ma head!!!!!