PDA

View Full Version : wow bank charges

ciderally
24-Apr-08, 11:33
courts just made a ruling that we might be getting a rebate on bank charges:roll:....thats good news

SunsetSong
24-Apr-08, 12:06
From reading the ruling it definitely looks like a step in the right direction.

Bobinovich
24-Apr-08, 12:50
A Link (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080424/tuk-uk-britain-banks-fa6b408.html) if anyone wants to read it

ciderally
24-Apr-08, 12:54
A Link (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080424/tuk-uk-britain-banks-fa6b408.html) if anyone wants to read it

Thanks for that bob.....juat want to know how much and when :roll:..i know a lot of folks have already put in claims...i havent done that as yet..so it will be intresting to find out how we do get a refund?

Bobinovich
24-Apr-08, 13:04
I must admit that my own infrequent bank charges have mostly been my own fault, and would therefore feel a bit uneasy ranting that I should get (some of) them back. Yes they are maybe excessive for what is involved, but I think we should take responsibility for our own finances and accept the punishment if we don't stay within the rules.

I've a superb relationship with my local BoS - they've supported me through thick and thin and have thrust money in my direction when I've needed it. On the few times I have had genuine cause for complaint the matter has been handled professionally and we've always come to an amicable agreement.

ocd
24-Apr-08, 13:13
Same old story those who are careful with their finances are the loosers... i have never had bank charges in my life but, I guess the interest on my savings etc will be affected as the banks are going to have to find the money from somewhere to pay all these people back.

Sometimes I think I would be better if I just thought to heck with it I will just buy everything I want even if I don't have the money for it![evil]

ciderally
24-Apr-08, 13:20
i would think there is quite a few folks with overdrafts?....isent that the chargess whats being refunded....or have i got it all wrong again...off to read that link all the way through...:roll:

Bobinovich
24-Apr-08, 13:30
Hmmm, I thought it was more people who went over their agreed overdraft (or who fall below a £0 balance if they don't have an overdraft) who felt they were being clobbered. I've got an overdraft facility which costs me nothing so long as I stay within it, however the few times I've strayed (as I said, mostly my own fault - missing deadlines, not transferring from other accounts in time, etc.) I've had charges of ~£30 each. Fairly makes me try and keep things sorted...

ashaw1
24-Apr-08, 13:31
No, it's unauthorised overdrafts. When a direct debit etc is taken from your account and there isn't enough money in there to cover it.

ciderally
24-Apr-08, 13:35
so now im not getting a winfall after all:( i am not having a good week...

the_count
24-Apr-08, 15:15
No, it's unauthorised overdrafts. When a direct debit etc is taken from your account and there isn't enough money in there to cover it. then they send you a letter saying that it hasn't been paid due to insufficient funds and charge you 35 quid for not paying it lol :lol:

poppett
24-Apr-08, 18:11
The only time I have had charges from the Bank was when a direct debit was taken twice on the same day by BT and SKY took their agreed amount but three days early. In both cases as it was not my fault the charges were refunded. Still in dispute with BT as they owe me one of the payments back, but it`s only been on-going for three months, but I keep phoning them to remind them they owe me money.

The Bank used to have an agreed free overdraft, but have changed it now to 50pence per day for each day overdrawn by even a penny, so extra vigilance is now in operation.

I recently had a call from Clydesdale Bank asking if I wanted to keep my agreed overdraft on an account I do not use very often, but it is handy to save up for larger purchases in. I said "of course" but when the paperwork came back it appears to no longer be free as it has been for the last fifteen years.

As with all things, it`s a case of buyer beware