PDA

View Full Version : Am I Broken?

The Angel Of Death
22-Apr-08, 14:05
Sat last night a did a massive pile of ironing and actually enjoyed it

Quite like doing it while listening to some music and find it quite relaxing as a bloke is that wrong or am I broken in some capacity

Answers on a postcard ...............

changilass
22-Apr-08, 14:07
Don't care if you are broke or not, if you do ironing you are welcome here any day:D

Sapphire2803
22-Apr-08, 14:14
I've just googled the problem, it seems that you have a vitamin Z31/2 deficiency. In extreme cases this can be fatal. Not to worry though, you can increase your Z31/2 levels by ironing large amounts of other peoples washing.

Right, I'll be round in a bit with 12 baskets of crumpled clothes. That should fix you right up. ;)

The Angel Of Death
22-Apr-08, 14:17
Actually find that im quite good at it as well without ever being taught how to iron properly one always thought it was just a case of waving it about and then move onto the next one
hasnt failed me yet and so far aint killed burned or broke anything

Used to have a fantastic way of ironing the tumble dryer gets all creases out if left in for long enough

rich
22-Apr-08, 14:38
I love ironing. John Coltrane is terrific for ironing to and so is Stan Getz

mccaugm
22-Apr-08, 15:23
I have discovered the joys of a freeview recorder, tape all the shows my hubby doesn't watch (freeview recorder was his Christmas pressie from me....devious huh?). Then watch them whilst doing the ironing in my bedroom. He then watches all his sci-fi rubbish and gadget show rubbish and I get peace. Bliss....although still think he gets the better part of the bargain.

the second coming
22-Apr-08, 15:33
Have never seen the point in ironing. You wash and fold your clothes after washing & drying they look neat enough. Theres little time enough in this lifetime to worry about having creases in your clothes. And if anyone wishes to judge me on how I look, good luck to them, I doubt i'd impress them but I also doubt i'd care.

Venture
22-Apr-08, 15:34

Quite like doing it while listening to some music and find it quite relaxing as a bloke is that wrong or am I broken in some capacity

..a man who loves ironing. I dont think you're broken - just unique[lol]

TBH
22-Apr-08, 15:36
Why not make it more interesting, like this::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxEBXpPhWU8

octane
22-Apr-08, 15:37
"ironing is like sex, its a thought!!! but once you get started it aint that bad"

Overheard that one day and made me laugh

And no it wasnt aimed at me either!!!

The Angel Of Death
22-Apr-08, 15:52
..a man who loves ironing. I dont think you're broken - just unique[lol]

I have been called far worse so its getting claimed as a compliment :)

Kevin Milkins
22-Apr-08, 16:23
"ironing is like sex, its a thought!!! but once you get started it aint that bad"

However when you have finished do you want go to sleep and be left alone or do you want to cuddle your washing.:lol:

karia
22-Apr-08, 16:29
I love ironing. John Coltrane is terrific for ironing to and so is Stan Getz

Two of my favourites there rich and I wouldn't sully the experience of listening to them with anything so unpleasant as ironing.

Sacrilege![evil]

thebigman
22-Apr-08, 17:36

Oh weel at least I have my ironing :-)

karia
22-Apr-08, 17:41
Sex and ironing..both hot and steamy but sadly only one removes yer wrinkles....and it's the wrong one in my opinion.[lol]

tommy1979
22-Apr-08, 20:38

Yer letting the side doon chap :lol:

The Angel Of Death
22-Apr-08, 21:34
Well no wife anymore chap so its a case of getting on we it nowt else for it

Julia
22-Apr-08, 22:32
I absolutely love ironing, I look forward to it and find it quite therapeutic

The Angel Of Death
23-Apr-08, 12:02
Once managed to iron my hand one morning (ironing while half asleep isnt a good idea kids) went from half asleep to wide awake rather quickly hurt a little bit as well

psyberyeti
23-Apr-08, 12:39
As another bloke, I can't understand what you might need to iron?

Jeans/trousers and T'shirts if put on whilst still damp mold to the shape of your body, pulling the creases out. I can't think of another use for an iron appart from flattening stamps to go into an album or softening plastic things I'm trying to shape.

Puzzled of Bettyhill:lol:

wick-girl
23-Apr-08, 13:32
if u have a spare few hours angel of death,u can come and do my ironing for me lol,worst job ever ironing :roll:

karia
23-Apr-08, 14:00
You should start up a business, it would make a nice article in the press 'Angel of death dashes away with his smoothing iron':)

Remember and charge extra for sleeves.;)

The Angel Of Death
23-Apr-08, 14:05
Bet i would soon get bored of it if i had to do it for a living though

karia
23-Apr-08, 14:07
See, you're not entirely broken...just a bit chipped!

Actually...perhaps 'cracked' fits the bill best.;)

The Angel Of Death
23-Apr-08, 14:17
So i'm destined for the bargan basment bin then ???