PDA

View Full Version : Freesat

Liz
21-Apr-08, 22:46
I made a post about this a while ago but decided to go for Freeview.

It is great as I have a PVR which is like Sky + for Freeview.

However, I am really fed up how the weather affects Freeview eg high pressure has caused problems the past couple of nights.

So, I thought it might be a good idea to have both Freesat and Freeview and so wondered whether anyone has Freesat and, if so, what do you think of it?
I take it that you can't get Sky+ with Freesat?

Thanks.

Liz
21-Apr-08, 23:37
Well I have found out that Freesat will just be a receiver so think I will just stick with Freeview for now and have to put up with it breaking up in certain weather conditions. As long as I don't miss Dr Who or Britain's Got Talent!!!

dessie
22-Apr-08, 11:19
LIZ what type of aerial do you have for freeview...and also where do you live.....rgds Des.....

Liz
22-Apr-08, 13:07
Hi Des

I got a new wideband aerial and coax cable. I live in Reiss.

The Angel Of Death
22-Apr-08, 14:09
Sky did (possibly still do) a freesat type system basically you pay £150 or something like that and get all the free sky channels plus a sky box dish and engineer to fit and install it all

Plus im sure that you also get some of the paying channels for a year as well

Liz
22-Apr-08, 14:15
Thanks for the info.

However, I have got used to the twin tuners on my PVR and being able to pause live Tv and to do that with Sky I would need Sky+.

I know I could get a Freesat receiver and use a DVD Recorder with a HD but don't have enough room for all this equipment.

Thankfully, the breaks in Freeview the last couple of days haven't been too bad. Not as bad as they were before I got the new aerial.

Sapphire2803
22-Apr-08, 14:17
Sky did (possibly still do) a freesat type system basically you pay £150 or something like that and get all the free sky channels plus a sky box dish and engineer to fit and install it all

Plus im sure that you also get some of the paying channels for a year as well

Or you could wait until they're doing a free install offer, get sky for 12 months on a basic package and then cancel it and get a freesat card for £20.

Are you sure you couldn't plug your PVR into a sky box the same as you do the freeview?

Sapphire2803
22-Apr-08, 14:19
Ignore my last question :)

There must be some way of doing it, surely?

Without ending up with mission control in your front room.

Liz
22-Apr-08, 14:47
I am not sure Sapphire. Don't really want to take out a year's contract for Sky though.

The Angel Of Death
22-Apr-08, 14:53
I am not sure Sapphire. Don't really want to take out a year's contract for Sky though.

Thats what the free sat pack if for you pay for it and have no contract at all esentually a payg type package