PDA

View Full Version : John Prescott confesses!

karia
20-Apr-08, 22:52
John Prescott admits to suffering from the eating disorder Bulimia for 10 years due to the stresses of political office.

Your comments please.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3780550.ece

EDDIE
20-Apr-08, 22:56
he shouldnt have to admit anything its none of our business

unicorn
20-Apr-08, 22:56
Hmm my comment would be what went through my head when it was on the news "who cares" and "I am sure there are more important things going on in the world"

karia
20-Apr-08, 22:59
Hmm my comment would be what went through my head when it was on the news "who cares" and "I am sure there are more important things going on in the world"

Surprise surprise..he's got a new book out!

And he's already played the 'affair' card...do ye think there's any connection?

Boozeburglar
20-Apr-08, 23:00
I think it is great for a prominent figure, former athlete, and very successful individual to come out and talk about eating disorders.

About time Blair came out and admitted swallowing lots of crap and regurgitating it as fact.

:)

unicorn
20-Apr-08, 23:01
I think we should all write books about our lives then there will be so many on the bookshelves that all these "famous" people will give it a rest :lol:

karia
20-Apr-08, 23:03
I think it is great for a prominent figure, former athlete, and very successful individual to come out and talk about eating disorders.

About time Blair came out and admitted swallowing lots of crap and regurgitating it as fact.

:)

I'm with you on that!;)

MadPict
20-Apr-08, 23:57
He got the eating part of the illness right - he just forgot to throw up...

People suffering from stress throw up - I have felt nauseous during stressful times as I am sure many others have too.

I have no pity for the arrogant git....

Tristan
21-Apr-08, 07:01
It sounds like he would binge eat then throw up which to me sounds different than someone who habitually does so with ever meal.
I was also a bit shocked to hear that he would pull a bottle out of his desk once or twice a month and polish it off in a bender. I think most of us would have got the sack for keeping a bottle in our desk.
Time to check his expenses - I would be willing to bet we got to pay for those meals he didn't keep didn't keep down.

TBH
21-Apr-08, 10:02
John prescott is now known as two helpings.

MadPict
21-Apr-08, 10:21
Time to check his expenses - I would be willing to bet we got to pay for those meals he didn't keep didn't keep down.

No wonder he got through £4000 worth of food in 2003/4....

Wonder if the £7675 for 'repairs & maintenance' was for clearing up his vomit trail...

karia
21-Apr-08, 11:07
I suppose some good might come from this.... not many teenage girls are likely to want to emulate Prescott.:)

TBH
21-Apr-08, 11:08
I suppose some good might come from this.... not many teenage girls are likely to want to emulate Prescott.:)To go from a working class background to become the deputy prime minister? I bet they would.

karia
21-Apr-08, 11:12
Would that it were so TBH but teenage girls don't think like that....I know, I was one.

percy toboggan
21-Apr-08, 19:16
I'm afraid I find eating disorders totally unfathomable. The only time I've had one was when I had a sort throat.
You're hungry, you eat...if you want to throw it all back on a voluntary basis you're not right in the head. Likewise if you're hungry and can afford to eat and don't you've a screw loose. My thought turn to those with no food, grubbing around in the dust for seeds and bits of scrub.
Eating disorders? Self-indulgent tripe.

bobandag16
21-Apr-08, 19:32
John Prescott admits to suffering from the eating disorder Bulimia for 10 years due to the stresses of political office.

Your comments please.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3780550.ece (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3780550.ece)
i admit to eating disorder. due to stress. 4 years in a p o w camp ww 2

karia
21-Apr-08, 19:41
i admit to eating disorder. due to stress. 4 years in a p o w camp ww 2

Eating disorders are terrible, life controlling and sometimes fatal, they should not be dismissed lightly.

John Prescott claims to be admitting to his in an attempt to urge sufferers to seek help and I would love to believe this is the case...rather than the fact that he has a new book to publicise.:(

MGB1979
21-Apr-08, 19:53
I find this story rather hard to stomach.

martin macdonald
21-Apr-08, 19:58
what a numptie, he is on a sea food diet. he sees food and he eats it:eek:

karia
21-Apr-08, 20:37
I would have a lot more time for him if he confessed to his political misdeeds.:mad: