PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Auctions Grand Beginning

Frey
20-Apr-08, 22:11
Dear Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls,

Firstly a huge thank you to all who gave their opinions to my wee concept of opening a proper Auctionhouse for Caithness. Would not have looked into it further without your encouragement.

To show my thanks I would like to set the week ahead aside to take bookings only from Caithness.Org patriots. The website will be launched in a week's time as well as marketing in public places and newsaper, so I would like to give you guys a chance first.

So, to register your items for the upcoming auction, call 01847 871 364. We offer full courier services so size will not limit what you wish to sell or buy. All details will be given out over the phone personally regarding date/venue ahead of the public release in a week's time. Best time to call is in the evening.

So there you go!! Exciting times ahead. Remember if we make the upcoming auction a success, then the next step is a perminate residence so lets spread the word and get ourselves into the hustle and bustle of the thrilling auctionhouse arena. Hope to see you all there!!

footie chick
20-Apr-08, 22:13
Best of luck in your new venture.

ciderally
20-Apr-08, 22:21
best of luck....x

Venture
20-Apr-08, 23:17
Well done to you Frey for taking on the challenge. There is a great need for a business like this in the area. I shall certainly be using your service. Good Luck for the future. :)

glenshee
21-Apr-08, 00:22
I am delighted that an auction house is to be launched in Caithness. I am emigrating to your part of the world in the next couple of years, (be very afraid) and one of my passions is for auction sales of which there is a profusion down here. I am cheered up no end. May the God of salerooms look down with favour upon you and your venture.

Fran
21-Apr-08, 03:22
Good luck, you will do well. this is much needed especially as Sam is not doing second hand furniture anymore. I have lots of stuff to go to auction, I am having a massive clearout!!!

TRUCKER
21-Apr-08, 05:51
Well Done Frey All The Best With Your New Venture.

funkypumpkin
21-Apr-08, 11:29
Hooray to Frey!

Will be in touch soon! Off to the attic!

veekay
21-Apr-08, 18:25
Oh Frey what have you done.

My other half loves auctions now my house will fill with more stuff.

Good luck anyway

Frey
22-Apr-08, 21:29
Hello everyone, hope all is well.

Another update. We can now take phone call registration for your items during the day as well as the evening. The website is ready to become public this Monday which allows for online registering of items. There is also a section on the website which advertises certain lots up for grabs in the auction. What I can do is feature your item along with a photograph if you send it to me, wee bit of advertising for you.

Things are really exciting up now for the auction, had lots of phone calls already so get in quick!!

Number again is 01847 871 364

Any comments greatly received an dany questions just give me a bell.

See you soon.

Frey
23-Apr-08, 21:13
Hello,

Have had some folks letting me know that the phone is often pretty busy when they have tried to call to register.

If you send me a private message with your phone number, then we can call you back at whatever time would suit yourselves. The website will have this facility as well when it is open this weekend. Still needing some more pics for the website if anyone wishes to take advantage? Maybe I can come over and model it for you!!!Maybe not!

Sorry if you have not been able to get through guys. Keep it coming!

Regards

Frey
27-Apr-08, 10:02
Hi guys,

Website shall be up and running this evening, with the opportunity to register items on itas well as all the info you will need.

Any last takers for photos of items/antiques to be featured?

Dadie
27-Apr-08, 10:06
Good luck

just out of interest where will the auction house be?

and when is the first auction?

and maybe the website......

nothing to sell but always looking for more stuff...

Frey
27-Apr-08, 10:10
Good to hear from you Dadie,

Will have all info for you this evening, the website doesnt go live until then.

It will have all the info on it.

Regards

I'm da Mamma
27-Apr-08, 20:58
Come on Frey - we're all waiting with baited breath!!![lol]

Frey
27-Apr-08, 21:06
Well Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls.

All dates and arrangements have been finalised for Caithness Auction's opening!

Our first auction is taking place in the Weigh Inn, Pentland suite on the 15th June.

So to register all your items, simply call us on 01847 871 364 or send me a personal message. The Caithness Auctions website has been registered and is awaiting confirmation that it is live which is happening within the next 48hours. The address is www.caithnessauctions.co.uk (http://www.caithnessauctions.co.uk). The website has information about us and you can also register your items here. When you register your items we always call back to go over everything and to make sure everyone is happy.

We are really excited about the auction and if the demand is there, and all goes well we will be looking for a perminate auctionhouse. We are looking at premises at the moment so lets hope all goes well!

All proceeds from the entrance fee at the forthcoming auction goes to the British Red Cross and catering is provided.

So everyone, dust off your old furniture or shine up your beautiful silvers and get yourselves down.

Any questions call us on 01847 871 364.

Cant wait to see you all there!!

martin macdonald
27-Apr-08, 21:26
Well Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls.

All dates and arrangements have been finalised for Caithness Auction's opening!

Our first auction is taking place in the Weigh Inn, Pentland suite on the 15th June.

So to register all your items, simply call us on 01847 871 364 or send me a personal message. The Caithness Auctions website has been registered and is awaiting confirmation that it is live which is happening within the next 48hours. The address is www.caithnessauctions.co.uk (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.caithnessauctions.co.uk). The website has information about us and you can also register your items here. When you register your items we always call back to go over everything and to make sure everyone is happy.

We are really excited about the auction and if the demand is there, and all goes well we will be looking for a perminate auctionhouse. We are looking at premises at the moment so lets hope all goes well!

All proceeds from the entrance fee at the forthcoming auction goes to the British Red Cross and catering is provided.

So everyone, dust off your old furniture or shine up your beautiful silvers and get yourselves down.

Any questions call us on 01847 871 364.

Cant wait to see you all there!!hi! i notice you are charging an entrance fee. what % are the selling and buying fees? thanks

Frey
27-Apr-08, 21:40
Hi Martin,
Good to hear from you.
Apologies for not explaining.
The entrance fee is only £1, 50p for kids and this all goes to the British Red Cross. For future auctions, local charities can become involved so the entrance fee proceeds benefits them.
There is a £1 registration fee on each item, and the auctionhouse has a 10% commission. So, for example, if you were to register a table and it sold for a bid of £40, then you would take home £36 from the sale. Alternatively, if you were to buy a painting for £80, you would pay £80, rather than £88. I know some auctions add on the commission as an extra payment but we felt this way was better.
Hope this answers your questions. Any further info needed just let me know.

Hope to see you there.

SunsetSong
28-Apr-08, 10:04
Hi

Sorry is it just me or is the website not working?
I can't seem to get it on Mozilla or IE???

Torvaig
28-Apr-08, 10:23
No, I can't get it either......:(

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-08, 10:38
Nor me,I cant get owt up either

Venture
28-Apr-08, 11:02
Nor me,I cant get owt up either
I think they mentioned it will take up to 48 hours for confirmation of activation.

Frey
28-Apr-08, 18:33
Hi guys,

The website should be running in the next few days,

"If you have only just subscribed it can take up to 48 hours before you will be able to access your published site. During this time you may receive errors such as "Bad Gateway" or "Page Can Not Be Displayed". This is normal and should only occur in the first 48 hours after you subscribed."

I subscribed last night and the website company told me that some may be able to access it before others, but after 48hours all should be able to access it.

In the mean time, please call us on 01847 871 364 or send me a private message if I can help you further.

Frey
30-Apr-08, 17:56
Hello to you all,

Another update concerning website, just typical isnt it?! I quote,

"There appears to have been a problem with the registration of your

domain name. We have contacted our registrar who is looking into the

matter and we are working to resolve this for you as quickly as

possible."

Just when you have everything organised something which is out of your control throws in a spanner. A well these things are sent to test us.

In the mean time, keep calling us or send me a pm, apologies for delay but hopefully they will sort it out asap. The upshot of this however, is that I can still add photos of items going on sale before it goes live, so not too late to send me your pics for features.

Thanks guys.

grandma
01-May-08, 13:45
I'm in!! Your web site is up and running!!

Torvaig
01-May-08, 15:23
Has any one had any success contacting Caithness Auctions via the website? I have tried various permutations but no joy.....:(

anneoctober
01-May-08, 18:35
It's up and running wifie ! I clicked on Frey's link on 1st page and took me straight in. VERY clear instructions there to help the seasoned "haggler" to the novice. Can't wait.......:Razz

Frey
01-May-08, 19:47
Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting me know grandma and anne, especially yourself anne, great to hear lovely feedback.

The website is up and running but they have not sorted the contact us page yet, which is hugely frustrating!

I have again conversed with them a number of times and hopefully, so I have been told, should be up and running tomorrow.

Sorry for this, again..just typical!!!

In meantime, keep calling on 01847 871 364 or pm me.

Very exciting times, and so good to see so many people interested. This response makes me want to make it better and better. Lets hope this is the beginning of a great venture!

Will let you know when the website contact us page is up and running!

Torvaig
01-May-08, 22:17
It's up and running wifie ! I clicked on Frey's link on 1st page and took me straight in. VERY clear instructions there to help the seasoned "haggler" to the novice. Can't wait.......:Razz

Yes, I've been in (no cup of tea mind you ;)..) and had a look around the site. It's only the "contact us" page that wouldn't work but I shall have a try again tomorrow. Back to making up my list now....

Bobinovich
01-May-08, 22:54
Only comment I would make is that the Caithness Auctions and telephone number text in the heading is REALLY unclear. With the background being so dark I'd use a pale green for these instead...

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
02-May-08, 12:42
It's maybe my ignorance but is Perminate really a word? or is it meant to be permanent?

also who is the auctioneer??

Mizpah
02-May-08, 14:28
Only comment I would make is that the Caithness Auctions and telephone number text in the heading is REALLY unclear. With the background being so dark I'd use a pale green for these instead...

Hi there totally agree with you as I found it most difficult to make out the different headings with the Dark Green Background and think like you a lighter colour would be much better.

I do hope the sales are a sucess though as they have been largely missed since the Auction Room at Watten closed.

Frey
02-May-08, 18:21
Hi guys,

Comments taken on board and changed.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes!! Been hectic trying to organise everything, with all the troubles getting the website online, locations etc.
All systems are now..go!

Frey
07-May-08, 23:12
Hi guys,

Wee update.

Have put lots of posters out there around the county, so let me know if you see them. I know they are not the most colourful things but I believe the simple and personal touch works well.

So far, we have around fifty items up for sale at the moment, from couches and cabinets to TVs and teasets. We have a few really special items too. A beautiful painting, by a local artist who painted one for Prince Charles, beautiful three piece suite and also around twenty charity lots including dinner out vouchers and tour discounts.

So keep on registering guys. If we have a lot of items, hopefully about a week/fortnight before the auction day, then I can release a list and allocate time slots for each item so people who may be busy on auction day, won't miss out on bidding as they will know when to come along.

Cheers guys, hear from you soon.

www.caithnessauctions.co.uk (http://www.caithnessauctions.co.uk)

dessie
08-May-08, 18:06
sent you a nopte through your auctione site..FREY..
will also try here ..would it be possible to change the writing from black its very dificult to read on the green back ground. kind rgds...dessie...