PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch

Amy-Winehouse
19-Apr-08, 23:50
Does anybody on here ever watch this programe? Its absolutley first class TV on Discovery , I have found it on DMAX+2 at this late on a Satuday night & wondered why after all , most folk have seen the first series already .

I saw the D.C series lobstermen from the East coast of the US but there wasnt the same characters in the show, So do you watch it or not??

thebigman
19-Apr-08, 23:52
Yep it is excellent. Now up to Series 4 in the States.

Some great characters, shocked me after watching some of the namby pamby programes when they featured a boat sinking and I expected everyone to be found safe and well, sadly not every program has fairy tale ending.

horseman
20-Apr-08, 03:16
Cracker of a programme,shows you how the other half lives,-me comfy in my front room ----them---I feel like putting on my oilskins just to watch them:D

TRUCKER
20-Apr-08, 07:47
Have Seen All The Series Up To Date It Is Really A Good Programme.

Kenn
20-Apr-08, 09:34
Excellent programme have followed the whole weries so far.

Tighsonas4
20-Apr-08, 11:53
DEADLIEST CATCH
if this is the lobster fishing iin the beairing sea .there is a set of about eight videos entailing hours of viewing.
dont know where they can be bought as i only had a loan of them regards tony

POUNDIT
20-Apr-08, 12:52
I have seen it as well and it had me on the edge of my chair.What these men put themselves through is amazing.I pity the wives ,girlfriends and familys though imagine how worried they must get when the weather turns bad etc.What a job they do.Have you seen the one about the ice truckers cannot remember what its called something like that though its just as bad anyway.:eek:

Dog-eared
20-Apr-08, 16:08
There are clips on the net.
Try youtube.com

BazzaG
20-Apr-08, 18:59
I love this docu, registered on about 5 of the main boats web sites, good for update info on the crew

Rie
20-Apr-08, 19:35
love this programme , is one of the few things i actuall turn my tv on to watch .

Lumberjack
20-Apr-08, 19:46
I have all 3 series on DVD. (Bought from Ebay, but worth shopping around).
Really looking forward to season 4-- Anyone know a transmission date for it?
It is a high risk/reward business, the crew of the Wizard received $55,000 each for their trip for the Opelio crabs in season 3.

Please note the DVD's are mostly region 1 so your DVD player will need to be multi-region.

Also enjoyed the Trawlermen series on the BBC. I am currently looking for series 2 on DVD.
I was told last month they were filming series 3.

Amy-Winehouse
20-Apr-08, 23:00
I have seen it as well and it had me on the edge of my chair.What these men put themselves through is amazing.I pity the wives ,girlfriends and familys though imagine how worried they must get when the weather turns bad etc.What a job they do.Have you seen the one about the ice truckers cannot remember what its called something like that though its just as bad anyway.:eek:

Ice trucking isnt as bad as fishing Poundit, Not in a million years is it as bad, How many men have lost their lives to the sea compared to Ice trucking , I dont mean to be pernickitiy but it just isnt in the same league.

POUNDIT
21-Apr-08, 11:24
Yeah i have to agree when i think about what you say it is not in the same league as the fishing.I still find it interesting to watch when i think about my work its doesnt seem to compare at all to what these guys are doing i should try not to complain any more about my work.:lol:

johndh
21-Apr-08, 12:39
Fascinating program. I used to watch it when I had a sky dish. Is it on freeview?

I was just wondering if local Seafarers encounter the same or similar conditions? I know the north sea is not exactly the nicest of places to be in bad weather and Life Boats always seem to go out regardless.

John

George Brims
21-Apr-08, 21:36
Series 4 must be about to start as Discovery Channel this weekend in the US has been nothing but reruns of the earlier series.

As for comparing their conditions with the North Sea, well it's swings and roundabouts. Not many ice floes in the North Sea, but I believe the waves are nastier, given that it's surrounded by assorted coastlines, leading to criss-crossing wave patterns. Mind you given how nasty they look in the Bering Sea it's hard to see how things could get much worse!

the second coming
22-Apr-08, 21:02
Ice trucking isnt as bad as fishing Poundit, Not in a million years is it as bad, How many men have lost their lives to the sea compared to Ice trucking , I dont mean to be pernickitiy but it just isnt in the same league.

any muppet can crash a truck though the ice,

it takes a special muppet to moor a boat when the tide went out 2 hours ago

you know what i mean edgar!!!!

BazzaG
24-Apr-08, 12:52
Just saw that new series starts 9pm on 6th May on Discovery,

Penelope Pitstop
24-Apr-08, 15:37
Yeah I like it too. I just found it about October last year.