PDA

View Full Version : UFO on Wick River??!!

Moira
19-Apr-08, 22:52
Well - maybe not quite. It was certainly an Unusual Floating Object which I spotted on Wick River last Thursday during my lunchtime walk.

I did shout to the folks on board and ask permission to take their photo. These "aliens" were "fae Week", for sure. They immediately "posed" for the photo-shoot and one of them shouted something about being "frunt page o' e' 'Groat in e' mornin' "

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z159/moirawick/DSC00504-1.jpg

grumpyhippo
19-Apr-08, 23:05
Well - maybe not quite. It was certainly an Unusual Floating Object which I spotted on Wick River last Thursday during my lunchtime walk.

Looks like a raiding party comming down stream from Watten :lol::lol:

the_count
19-Apr-08, 23:09
I'm still trying to work out if their freindly or not.....i cant see any feathers in their heads or signs of bows and arrows ...... you sure their raiders and not traders lol :lol:

Mik.M.
19-Apr-08, 23:14
Looks like Camel Spiders avatar. Paddle faster I hear banjos!!:lol:

Torvaig
19-Apr-08, 23:16
Had just read this thread then saw "Mandarins on boating pond"..... are we being invaded perhaps? :eek:

Moira
19-Apr-08, 23:37
Looks like a raiding party comming down stream from Watten

Lol I hope not grumpyhippo.

If I'd not been forced to take the photo "into the sun" the detail would have been clearer. I just take my camera with me most places and try to capture the moment.:)

The party disembarked just beyond the Coghill Bridge. I can't remember the last time I saw a boat on Wick River - it was great to see, which is why I thought it worth sharing.

wifie
20-Apr-08, 00:53
Lovely sunny pic Moira!
Hey mik - knew it reminded me of something - ta!

TBH
20-Apr-08, 05:21
Could be a re-enactment of deliverance, looking for some Caithness hillbillies.:lol:

Kenn
20-Apr-08, 08:37
Maybe The Hudson Bay Company has a secret branch up north .
"Wilderness Indians canoes and kayaks."

canuck
20-Apr-08, 13:47
A Canadian canoe in Scotland! Moira you've made my day.

dessie
20-Apr-08, 20:12
Watch out for the bows and arrows...MOIRA....;)

Moira
21-Apr-08, 01:05
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z159/moirawick/DSC00505-1.jpg

This was my second attempt at capturing the moment.

Thanks to everyone for their interest here. I did note that no-one remarked on my photographic skills, so I won't be giving my day-job up any time soon. :)