PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Dot.Com

Julia
19-Apr-08, 17:05
I've been adding shopping to my basket online as I am planning using the delivery service this week for the very first time, as I was browsing I happened to click on 'my favourites' and in each different category it lists everything, and I mean everything, that I have purchased in-store recently. It's all there in black and white, I'm in shock!

karia
19-Apr-08, 17:09
I've been adding shopping to my basket online as I am planning using the delivery service this week for the very first time, as I was browsing I happened to click on 'my favourites' and in each different category it lists everything, and I mean everything, that I have purchased in-store recently. It's all there in black and white, I'm in shock!

That's why I sneak in under cover of darkness and don't use my clubcard when raiding the wine aisle![para]:lol:

DeHaviLand
19-Apr-08, 17:09

Did you really think your Tesco club card was there just so they could give you something back? Now you know the real reason why they are desperate for you to have one. Very soon they will control everything you buy. Be afraid, be very afraid:eek:

ciderally
19-Apr-08, 17:11
wow...now there's a thing

Buttercup
19-Apr-08, 17:49
I find this very handy when your buying the same things every time. You just go to "my favourites" and there's your shopping list! Even tells you which is on offer and offers an alternatives when your usual is out of stock. :lol:

unicorn
19-Apr-08, 17:51
Big brother is watching us for sure :eek: Handy but spooky to know that out there someone even knows exactly what we buy and when :eek:

mccaugm
19-Apr-08, 17:52
I find this very handy when your buying the same things every time. You just go to "my favourites" and there's your shopping list! Even tells you which is on offer and offers an alternatives when your usual is out of stock. :lol:

Same here...it saves you hunting for the same basic things week after week. I have discovered one downside. I like a particular type of pizza, (Spinach and Ricotta), when I order online it always says not in stock but when I shop (occasionally) in store the pizza is always in the cheapie/near dated section?????? Can anyone work this puzzle out. Any Tesco peeps online who work in the fresh pizza section?

karia
19-Apr-08, 17:52

Yeah! You could just give up independant thought altogether.[lol]

Buttercup
19-Apr-08, 18:40
Yeah! You could just give up independant thought altogether.[lol]
Yeah, I suppose you could.:roll:
But still handy for the rest of us that are capable of choosing for ourselves.

karia
19-Apr-08, 18:42
Yeah, I suppose you could.:roll:
But still handy for the rest of us that are capable of choosing for ourselves.

That was my point entirely!:eek:

You may find this useful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

TBH
19-Apr-08, 19:13
Same here...it saves you hunting for the same basic things week after week. I have discovered one downside. I like a particular type of pizza, (Spinach and Ricotta), when I order online it always says not in stock but when I shop (occasionally) in store the pizza is always in the cheapie/near dated section?????? Can anyone work this puzzle out. Any Tesco peeps online who work in the fresh pizza section?Are they allowed to sell reduced goods through Tesco dot.com?

Sky also know what channels you watch.

karia
19-Apr-08, 19:17
Are they allowed to sell reduced goods through Tesco dot.com?

No! That's why she couldn't get them.

I'd be no use at 'on-line' because I am the 'queen' of the reduced Asparagus
..which I can just about manage to 'justify' to myself;)

Yes I DO Know what it does![lol]

TBH
19-Apr-08, 19:23
No! That's why she couldn't get them.

I'd be no use at 'on-line' because I am the 'queen' of the reduced Asparagus
..which I can just about manage to 'justify' to myself;)

Yes I DO Know what it does![lol]Do you light a candle in the toilet afterwards?

karia
19-Apr-08, 19:26
Do you light a candle in the toilet afterwards?

I'd be afraid til light anything in the toilet afterwards!:eek:

mccaugm
19-Apr-08, 20:59
Are they allowed to sell reduced goods through Tesco dot.com?
The point is, if the item has been reduced then it must of been on sale at the full price, which means it is in stock...????

karia
19-Apr-08, 21:05
No, it wasn't in stock 'fresh' at the time of your order.

It was in stock previously.

Kx

TBH
19-Apr-08, 21:06
The point is, if the item has been reduced then it must of been on sale at the full price, which means it is in stock...????Maybe when it is reduced it automatically shows as out of stock?

ashaw1
21-Apr-08, 07:36
Same here...it saves you hunting for the same basic things week after week. I have discovered one downside. I like a particular type of pizza, (Spinach and Ricotta), when I order online it always says not in stock but when I shop (occasionally) in store the pizza is always in the cheapie/near dated section?????? Can anyone work this puzzle out. Any Tesco peeps online who work in the fresh pizza section?
When the orders are being picked for dot.com the order picker is not allowed to pick anything that is reduced. So i take it the system is set up not to recognise anything that is near it's sell by date.

2little2late
22-Apr-08, 21:51
Have you had your delivery yet? Quite interested to find out how it went.

balto
22-Apr-08, 22:30
i for one am going to stop using the dotcom service, as the past few times i have ordered meat and it is only sometimes a day to its sell buy, bought the other half smoked fish at the weekend, shopping got delivered only for the fish to have to be used by the 21st, now i know it wouldnt really last much longer than that, but a bit freasher would be nice.

Geo
22-Apr-08, 22:41
There's a £10 off your first online order of £50 going about. Worth tracking down.

A quick Google suggests this is it... TDRX BTS10

Worth a try.

Julia
22-Apr-08, 22:41
Have you had your delivery yet? Quite interested to find out how it went.

I had it booked to arrive between 7 and 9pm as it's cheaper and they phoned me about 4.30pm to ask if it was okay to deliver earlier so that was a nice.

I'm really pleased with it, I did think it was odd however that I ordered a two pint of milk which was not available so instead it was substituted for one pint, why did they not give me two 1 pints instead.

I also ordered 3 items which were buy 1 get 1 free and only received one of each, it's taken me until now to realise that I had to order two to get one free, I assumed they would just give me the extra one, what a numpty! :eek:

Buttercup
22-Apr-08, 23:21
I had it booked to arrive between 7 and 9pm as it's cheaper and they phoned me about 4.30pm to ask if it was okay to deliver earlier so that was a nice.

I'm really pleased with it, I did think it was odd however that I ordered a two pint of milk which was not available so instead it was substituted for one pint, why did they not give me two 1 pints instead.

I also ordered 3 items which were buy 1 get 1 free and only received one of each, it's taken me until now to realise that I had to order two to get one free, I assumed they would just give me the extra one, what a numpty!
I noticed the downsizing problem before (can't remember what it was though), not sure if it's a computer problem or just a lack of thought on the pickers part. :confused The way I've gotten round it is to put in an alternative choice myself for everything, takes a wee bit of time but you only need to do it once.
BTW It tells you when you're ordering that if you want the offer you have to order 2.
But never mind, it was an experience for you which I'm sure you'll do again. [lol]