PDA

View Full Version : Kit House Costs

souperman
19-Apr-08, 13:12
Leaving aside the cost of a plot of land, does anyone have some advice on how to calculate the final build costings, ie if the kit cost £30000 would the final price be 2 1/2, 3 times that ? I realise much depends on quality of fittings but a rough guide would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

supernova
19-Apr-08, 13:24
Hi
Green & Cameron will send out a brochure of their different timber frame houses with total costs if you contact them. They're quite expensive but it should give you a rough idea. Using a homer or a smaller business would probably save you a lot.

Katy
19-Apr-08, 14:03
Green & Cameron are very helpful and we didn't think they were expensive at all.
You just tell them what you want and they will price the whole thing or just what you need them to do.
Good luck!
Katy

northener
19-Apr-08, 15:32
From memory, it is worked out at £'s per sq metre of ground floor plan.

A couple of years back we were quoted around £90 p sq m.

Angel
19-Apr-08, 22:32
forget timber framed... for a little bit more have thermolite or celcon block for inner leaf and internal walls...

timber framed houses tighten up when the heating goes on and then you get transient sounds from every room... just see how long anybody stays in a timber framed house...

Drives them mad...

Angel...

donnalee1994
20-Apr-08, 00:37
When i had mine done,it would have cost £1000. per square metre but thats if you get the company to do everything as in everything ready to move in to if you are going to it yourself you will get it done for much less but it can take much longer to complete,so it is upto you if you have the money get them to do it,if things are a bit tight just get the pro's in to do things like electrics n plumbing,i did and it saved a fortune,still not finished mine yet but very close to it,i started in march last yr so as i said does take longer,coz you sometimes cant get things done becoz of the weather,where a company would carry on what ever the weather,so really down to your finances,hope that helps abit.x

northener
20-Apr-08, 00:57
What a Dobbin.....

I meant £900 per sq mtr:roll:

souperman
20-Apr-08, 06:00
Thanks for all replies, I`ve started the long process by contacting Green and Cameron and a few others for ideas, now if I could just find the right plot......