what is :

Ho Mok
Egg Foo Yung
Chop Suey

honey
18-Apr-08, 19:59
asking jeeves it seems to be

Ho Mok - steamed curried fish

Egg Foo Young - The Chinese version of an omelette, Egg Foo Yung is classic comfort food, bringing together eggs, bean sprouts, mushrooms and other vegetables under a warming gravy made with chicken broth

Chop suey is a American-Chinese dish which literally means mixed pieces. It usually consists of meats (often chicken, beef, shrimp or pork), cooked quickly with vegetables such as bean sprouts, cabbage, and celery and bound in a starch-thickened sauce. It is typically served...

i could be wrong of course!!

Ash
18-Apr-08, 20:00
thanks i fancy something different! :D:D

honey
18-Apr-08, 20:04
my hubby laughs at me, anytime i fancy a chinese i ask for chips and gravy!!:lol:

if im feeling adventurous, i get spare ribs or spring rolls!

dragonfly
18-Apr-08, 20:05
egg foo yung = YUCK didn't like it at all, stick to what you know and like and leave the experimentation to buffet night so you can taste samples of whats different to your normal

golach
18-Apr-08, 20:07
egg foo yung = YUCK didn't like it at all, stick to what you know and like and leave the experimentation to buffet night so you can taste samples of whats different to your normal
Likewise Yeeuck

honey
18-Apr-08, 20:09

but make sure you sample the food BEFORE copious amounts of alcohol!!! :lol:

balto
18-Apr-08, 20:10
afraid you would catch me trying things like that better the devil you know than the devil you dont. mixed meat chowmein or chicken curry is as far as i will go

Ricco
18-Apr-08, 20:18
One sure winner is Singapore rice noodles. Another is lemon chicken... adn there is another chicken dish with cashew nuts - nice!
:)

karia
18-Apr-08, 20:23
One sure winner is Singapore rice noodles. Another is lemon chicken... adn there is another chicken dish with cashew nuts - nice!

Sweet tooth there Ricco!;)

Ash
18-Apr-08, 20:25
stuck to my usual deep fried shredded chicken lol:lol:

Ricco
18-Apr-08, 20:27
Sweet tooth there Ricco!;)

That's me, Karia. Sweet... ;)

percy toboggan
18-Apr-08, 21:45
sounds digootaunt.
that's French by the way.
Not a lover of oriental grub.
I hope you enjoy it however.

karia
18-Apr-08, 21:58
sounds digootaunt.
that's French by the way.
Not a lover of oriental grub.
I hope you enjoy it however.

Ye are gonna hev til explain 'digootaunt' percy..french or not!:lol:

dunderheed
19-Apr-08, 15:31

isnt kung po made with cashew nuts??

percy toboggan
19-Apr-08, 15:55
Ye are gonna hev til explain 'digootaunt' percy..french or not!:lol:
means disgustin'
though I've not spelt it correctly...my French spelling is tres poovre.

karia
19-Apr-08, 16:04
Ah degoutant!:D

The French also use 'repugnant' (albeit with a grave over the e ) dead easy to remember though!

percy toboggan
19-Apr-08, 17:21
my course involves no writing...though I'm writing it down as it sounds for revision purposes....I want to communicate with folk not write stories !

So how does the repugnant thing work then. 'raypoognaunt? or reepugnaunt?
Easier just saying 'yuck' I reckon :-)

karia
19-Apr-08, 17:40
my course involves no writing...though I'm writing it down as it sounds for revision purposes....I want to communicate with folk not write stories !

So how does the repugnant thing work then. 'raypoognaunt? or reepugnaunt?
Easier just saying 'yuck' I reckon :-)

'raypoognaunt' I'd reckon as the use of the grave shortens.

Assuming you can 'yuck' in a French accent with accompanying facial expressions you'll be fine...
......besides how much Chinese food will you likely be eating?!;)

Moi x
19-Apr-08, 20:14
'raypoognaunt' I'd reckon as the use of the grave shortens.Your pronunciation is correct but you have the wrong name for the accent. It's an e-acute and the word is written répugnant.

The grave-accented letter is è, as in crème de la crème. Accents are very important in French: crémé is prounounced craymay and means creamed.

Percy, I applaud your ambition to communicate and while 'tis true that you may not need to write in French, you will need to read it when you visit.

Ricco
19-Apr-08, 20:41
isnt kung po made with cashew nuts??

(sho' 'nuff... but don't tell him ;))

karia
19-Apr-08, 20:44
(sho' 'nuff... but don't tell him ;))

He might be allergic til nuts!:D