PDA

View Full Version : Baseball bat or jail for Castletown pervert?

skinnydog
18-Apr-08, 12:47
See attached link from the BBC web site.
What would be your prefered option of punnishment?
As a father of a young child I know what my option would be.
I do not think that the 27 months he got jailed for is long enough, 27 years maybe just long enough.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/7352645.stm

the_count
18-Apr-08, 12:56
I think he should be strapped to a table in a room with the mother of the child, who has been armed with a carving knife ....... nuff said:eek:

Boozeburglar
18-Apr-08, 13:03
You would probably get longer for serial burglary.

Incredible.

Once he is released he will go on to offend again.

Baseball bat I am afraid, if this is all the courts can offer society.

hotrod4
18-Apr-08, 13:28
Why not stick all the evil scum on Stroma and leave them to do to each other what they did to their victims? Then they would know what suffering really is, and we wouldnt have to waste any more tax payers money.

Bobinovich
18-Apr-08, 13:43
Note from Moderator: Some information which may not be common knowledge has been removed to protect the identity of the child in question. Please DO NOT post any comments on this matter which may give out any more information than the official bulletins offer.

katarina
18-Apr-08, 13:47
27 months??????? This is outragous! There is no cure for these people so why turn them loose to prey on more innocent children? I often wonder about the judges in these cases.

MGM
18-Apr-08, 14:16
This guy should be locked away for life. He has given the child a life sentence and taken her innocence away, what kind of life is this poor wee soul going to have after this monster took her childhood away.

Valerie Campbell
18-Apr-08, 14:23
I had to read it twice. 27 months?! I think that is outrageous after what he did. And then to blame the victim is just abhorent. I personally wish the child and her family well and hope that one day they will get the justice they deserve.

dandod
18-Apr-08, 14:30
baseball bat?? i say castrate the sick,perverted,scumbag.or even better hand him a noose and hope he does everyone a favour.

chaz
18-Apr-08, 15:23
baseball bat?? i say castrate the sick,perverted,scumbag.or even better hand him a noose and hope he does everyone a favour.

Totaly agree with you dandod , but then even this may be too good for him[evil]

balto
18-Apr-08, 15:43
27 months for what this pervert has done to this poor child, i tell you from my experiance that poor child has now got a life sentence, so where is the justice in giving this man such a stupid sentance, put his man in a room with his victaims parents and let them sort it out, but unfortunalty if we were to t#do this the police would have to protect this pervert.

newpark
18-Apr-08, 16:00
What worries me now is that in 27months is he coming back up here. I know it is not good for anywhere he goes but I personnaly dont want him back around here. People like that should be shot i'm sorry but there is no excuse where a child comes in to it. How the heck can a little girl be blamed for this ????????????????????? she is a wee girl he is the adult. Disgusting Disgusting Disgusting

iain
18-Apr-08, 17:06
Set fire to the ...............

balto
18-Apr-08, 17:09
do you know, this man blaming this little girl for what he did, well my little girl was abused by a man who lives near us, and so sick ex friend of mine, said that she asked for it as she kept going back, no how the hell can a 4 year old ask for it, oh these perverts make me sick, shove them all on a island somewhere and let them abuse each other if they have sick fantisys to fill.:mad:

Julia
18-Apr-08, 17:22
Quote 'When questioned by police, he claimed she was attracted to him', this just goes to prove how distanced from reality the offender really is!

percy toboggan
18-Apr-08, 17:31
This is a derisory sentence for such a serious offence against what amounts to a tiny tot really. To suggest there was 'encouragement' suggests the perpetrator is in denial, and sees little wrong in what he has been doing.
I read of no sign of remorse for instance. His warped moraility is unacceptably out of kilter with a civilised society

That said the only sensible option is long term incarceration of about ten years for a first offence. I'm afraid repeat offenders must be despatched via the noose.

Castration and baseball bats & the of chanted bayings of the angry mob are all very well but in our rational analysis of these crimes we cannot allow the mob to take over...and why should the aggrieved parents have to sully their hands with scum such as this? What they need is justice. Ask yourself...is every parent capable of taking a baseball bat to somebody and succeeding? Of course not...this is understandably emotional ranting....and I'd do it myself in certain circumstances....but it's not really a viable plan, is it?

I believe a long term jail sentence in unpleasant surroundings for a first offence such as this and mandatory execution for any subsequent offence would represent justice. These offenders can seldom be 'cured'....we, as a society need to recognise the fact and act to safeguard ourselves.

Anji
18-Apr-08, 18:00
That said the only sensible option is long term incarceration of about ten years for a first offence. I'm afraid repeat offenders must be despatched via the noose.

I believe a long term jail sentence in unpleasant surroundings for a first offence such as this and mandatory execution for any subsequent offence would represent justice. These offenders can seldom be 'cured'....we, as a society need to recognise the fact and act to safeguard ourselves.

Why give them a second chance? A chance to ruin a second child's life?

rupert
18-Apr-08, 18:11
27 months is a very strange sentence - why did the judge decide on that number? Of course, if he behaves himself he will probably only serve half of that.

I wonder if the prosecution will appeal the leniency of the sentence, hopefully, if successful he will get longer.

Its true that some burglars will receive longer sentences than that. The whole things disgusting.

But I'm afraid nothing surprises me anymore regarding the old fossils we have as judges.

Highland lad
18-Apr-08, 18:31
Should be LIFE for the Perv after all he has given the girl and her family a life sentence.
Hopefully the girl and her family can move on from this.

percy toboggan
18-Apr-08, 18:31
Why give them a second chance? A chance to ruin a second child's life?

Why? because I have to write what I feel....based on my judgement and my instinct. When crimes of this nature are committed there is always an understandable hue and cry. However, the wheels of the judiciary have to impose checks and balances and judge each case dispassionately....away from the turmoil they have to rationalise....and examine the needs of society...sadly society also includes people like this offender.

Where they often go very wrong is to give a third, fourth,fifth chance...in fact chances ad.infinitum. I hope when you take time to consider my opinion on the matter you'll think it's a huge improvement on the status quo.

In case I didn't make myself clear I feel those who kill or maim in pursuit of any sexual gratification should be exterminated. No second chances.

mr do dar
18-Apr-08, 18:40
i would tie him to a post and let all the people thats against it give him 1 smack and two kicks . after that i would throw him off the cliffs and let the birds eat him .

balto
18-Apr-08, 18:45
i would tie him to a post and let all the people thats against it give him 1 smack and two kicks . after that i would throw him off the cliffs and let the birds eat him .aye make the pervert suffer.

anneoctober
18-Apr-08, 18:53
When I heard this on MFR, at first I thought the announcer had said 27 YEARS and I was jubilant, at last the legal system had got it right. On listening to subsequent bulletins and the 6pm news on TV, I'd have liked to have shot the flaming "judge". I've got three grandaughters around that age , and believe me, I would n't find it hard to pull the trigger.[evil]
What is the matter with our justice system? Do these legal types come from dysfunctional backgrounds themselves to think that this is OK and a paltry 27 months is a sufficent punishment for ruining a child's life? This guy is to be "monitored" for a further 45 months, what the heck does that mean? Will he be put on the sex offenders register? Who does the monitoring? Social services? Police?
This so called "justice" is going to bring out vigilantes, mobs baying for blood and who can blame them. WHY are we protecting the perpetrators ? Should we be sending this guy to a mental institution - he clearly needs help if he thinks a wee lassie is attracted to him. Utterly sickening [disgust]

balto
18-Apr-08, 19:03
i think it is the social services that take over keeping an eye on these monsters, after they have been let out of prison, if they are sent away that is. as for the sex offenders register what does that really mean, it is so easy for these perverts to go to ground, and move where they want where they can carry their sick acts out on some other poor child, the pervert that abused my daughter was menat to be going to aberdeen to life but int he end never went, which in a weird way is a good thing as at least people up here knows what he has done, and to keep their kids away from him, but if he had to aberdeen thn no-one would have known what he had done,leaving him free to start all over again. hard for my daughter i know but a hell of a lot more kids safe.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Apr-08, 19:04
I know if this ever happened to ma kids.They would say it to either me or ma missus.I know they would.I know this cos ma youngests bank account is hidden in.....ahhhh its a secret.Nationwide,not in the bank as as others bring up their kids,couldnae give a tosh.

anneoctober
18-Apr-08, 19:18
I know if this ever happened to ma kids.They would say it to either me or ma missus.I know they would.I know this cos ma youngests bank account is hidden in.....ahhhh its a secret.Nationwide,not in the bank as as others bring up their kids,couldnae give a tosh.
Cedric, for the sake of the blonde in the company tonight - can you run this by me again? :confused

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Apr-08, 19:25
Cedric, for the sake of the blonde in the company tonight - can you run this by me again? :confused

Sure,ma kids tell me everything in their days.Whether through me or ma good wife.Ma youngest tells me everything,through Pokemon to Doctor Who.Ma oldest loves his Glasgow Rangers and fitbaw,I cannae blether about him because this site prohibits it,unless he was a scorrie,which he has caught a few of their games this season.Does this explain it?Castletown.I live in Wick.

percy toboggan
18-Apr-08, 19:28
I feel I need to add a little clarification to my earlier posts: if someone had seriously damaged one of mine and I knew where they were, irrespective of any sentence being served...then all my calm, reasoned words would fly out of the window, to be replaced by cold, callous vengeance.

I wouldn't grieve about it in public internet forums...I wouldn't speak of it at all....I'd be like Nike.

This is why the judiciary has to be different.

anneoctober
18-Apr-08, 19:31
Sure,ma kids tell me everything in their days.Whether through me or ma good wife.Ma youngest tells me everything,through Pokemon to Doctor Who.Ma oldest loves his Glasgow Rangers and fitbaw,I cannae blether about him because this site prohibits it,unless he was a scorrie,which he has caught a few of their games this season.Does this explain it?Castletown.I live in Wick.
Thank you my good man ! Steer yir boy towards e hoops tho!:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Apr-08, 19:44
Thank you my good man ! Steer yir boy towards e hoops tho!:D

Ma boy won't steer towards the hoops.Cos he likes his team.Not through me,cos I just like ma football,whether it be Man U,Chelsea,Girvan Fc or Killie.Ye bring yer kids up to be honest the way ye want them to be with ye.Thats where ye lose them,when ye lose their honesty.

Tony
18-Apr-08, 20:22
If he was given 27 months then that would mean he will be out in 13 1/2 months and even sooner if tagged (tagging being used to free up space in jails). The Fiscal should appeal.

Ricco
18-Apr-08, 20:25
Personally, I prefer the baseball bat (aluminium, of course) as it is more satisfying. But he will probably get his 'rewards' from many of the inmates as most of them detest molesters. :confused

Tristan
18-Apr-08, 20:31
27 months is a slap on the wrist. He should have been sentenced for a lot longer.
Personally I think the judge should get a year or two for such a shoddy piece of sentencing.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Apr-08, 20:32
I'm no meanin to come across in this thread as some sort of "aren't ye lucky",when have ye came across phaedophiles,or are ye all giving yer view from something ye've read in a paper.

honey
18-Apr-08, 20:35
Sure,ma kids tell me everything in their days..

We are the same. I actually had to let my sons school know i wasnt happy they were asking him to keep "secrets" when it came to mothers day cards etc, and asked them to use something like "surprise".

Our eldest has been taught he DOES NOT keep secrets from me and his dad!

tell your boy to keep shouting for the teddy bears!!! :)

Tony
18-Apr-08, 20:38
Personally, I prefer the baseball bat (aluminium, of course) as it is more satisfying. But he will probably get his 'rewards' from many of the inmates as most of them detest molesters. :confused

Maybe but in this day and age he has rights and most likely be protected and wrapped in cotton wool. If his rights are breached then he will complain and sue.[evil] The law protects the criminals and not the victims.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Apr-08, 20:51
We are the same. I actually had to let my sons school know i wasnt happy they were asking him to keep "secrets" when it came to mothers day cards etc, and asked them to use something like "surprise".

Our eldest has been taught he DOES NOT keep secrets from me and his dad!

tell your boy to keep shouting for the teddy bears!!! :)

Here honey,ma boy has his own views in whatever.He's a guid chiel.So yer right,paedophiles only are strong when the kids don't talk to their mums and dads.Family is the new religion.

ciderally
18-Apr-08, 22:05
baseball bat... and then some

jings00
18-Apr-08, 22:30
up against a wall, shoot him.

Amy-Winehouse
18-Apr-08, 22:33
Castration or a bullet in the kneecaps. Baseball bat is too good for this sort of person

Mad1man
19-Apr-08, 00:54
I'm with the majority of you on this one,long unrewarding sentences and capital punishment for repeat offenders.

I'd be happy to see these guys chained and forced to hard labour on road repairs etc etc. not the lets persuade them to be good rehabilitation system.

bluebell
19-Apr-08, 01:15
He should of been given 27 YEARS, given a second chance NEVER

JamesMcVean
19-Apr-08, 08:13
I say stand him on the Cliffs at Dunnet Head with a really long rope secured to Nads....attatch the other end of the rope to a really heavy stone...push the stone over the cliff and then hand the sod a rust blunt knife !:mad:[evil]

The judge that passed the sentence deserves the same!

sweetpea
19-Apr-08, 18:42
The best sentence is to let him live and the victim grow stronger in front of his face until the point comes they can do him in

dogman
19-Apr-08, 19:10
27 months?! thats a joke. drug dealers get longer sentances. give him the baseball bat for the full 27 months.