PDA

View Full Version : odd nesting places

TisIivy
17-Apr-08, 07:21
anyone seen strange nesting places? I ask as there is a dove nesting very precariously on top of a beer sign in one of our local bars ,don't know how long she'll last but been there a couple week's now without incident.

the_count
17-Apr-08, 11:58
i know that over the last few years there were a pair of oyster catchers that nested on the Nigg roundabout on the island before the roundabout heading into Inverness. I always considered that as a strange place to nest.

sprint95m
17-Apr-08, 21:50
i know that over the last few years there were a pair of oyster catchers that nested on the Nigg roundabout on the island before the roundabout heading into Inverness. I always considered that as a strange place to nest.
The advantage of this nest site is that the land based predators (foxes or cats) would be easily spotted by the parent oyster catchers as they crossed the road?

the_count
17-Apr-08, 22:05
I quite agree with you on that point and there is a good chance that the afore mentioned predators would get run down trying to get to the nest but it still seemed a wierd place for a nest lol:lol: