PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Found

johndh
16-Apr-08, 19:54
This morning a passing motorist found a lone hen wandering around the car park on the Roster side of the Camster Cairns, he brought it to me, thinking it was from my flock.

I have taken her in and she's well cared for. If you have lost her and want her back, please drop me a PM.

Thanks.

Julia
16-Apr-08, 21:19
That's really nice of you to take her in and it's great the guy picked her up, most folk these days wouldn't have bothered, chances are you won't find the owner and you will have to adopt her, sounds like she could not have found a better home.

Liz
16-Apr-08, 22:06
Totally agree with Julia.

Well done!:D

johndh
17-Apr-08, 10:15
That's really nice of you to take her in and it's great the guy picked her up, most folk these days wouldn't have bothered, chances are you won't find the owner and you will have to adopt her, sounds like she could not have found a better home.

Totally agree with Julia.

Well done!:D

Thanks to you both.

She looks well cared for, but if the owner doesn't come forward, I'll be very happy to adopt her. She has already settled in with my other hens, and you wouldn't be able to tell her apart if it wasn't for the ring I popped on her. Together with her new mates, she has a cosy hen house and plenty of pasture to roam on. Yesterday she spent the afternoon sunbathing with the others next to my ram. They get on really well together.

All the best.

Liz
17-Apr-08, 12:42
Wish all hens were looked after so well!

She won't want to go home now anyway.:lol: