PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Heroes

ANNIE
13-Apr-08, 12:44
Just read in the Sunday paper about how our militry heros are treated when they they return from duty having fought and died for there people. The Government should be totally ashamed of themselves and give our men and women the dignity they deserve. Whats your feelings on this subject? I would love to know as this is something close to my families hearts and I feel quite bitter about this

percy toboggan
13-Apr-08, 12:51
Snivelling political gravy train leeching guttersnipes in Westminster are not fit to steer command of our armed forces....which are some of the few organisations left in Britain that seem to work well..this has been my mindset for decades now and to be brutally honest I would not encourage any of my family to join HM Forces, even though I fully respect those that still do.

As I see it though they are signing away much of their lives, if not all of it, to dodgy opportunists who trade on their commitment, and their devotion to duty, using their skills and courage in offensive roles when the prime needs we have in these islands is for home-land defence.... not foreign adventures where gain and wealth for a privileged minority is the main objective.

Boozeburglar
13-Apr-08, 12:57
Ditto the above.

northener
13-Apr-08, 13:18
Absolutely.

As an example:

I have an acquantance who was badly injured in Crossmaglen NI. The only real support he gets is from SSAFA (Soldiers, Sailors and Air force Association) and Combat Stress - both are charities......

It's always been the same, 100% commited men and women who are respected even by their adversaries, repeatedly let down and abused by successive self-serving politicians, governments and civil servants.

TBH
13-Apr-08, 15:54
After a court ruling that sending soldiers into battle without the proper equipment breaches their human rights, how pathetic that our government are implying that it is impossible to grant them that right in combat situations.
Lack of proper equipment has brought about the death of far too many which is even more disgusting when you think about the amount of money our politicians are fleecing off the taxpayer when claiming so-called expenses.
Rotten to the core.[disgust]

MadPict
13-Apr-08, 16:15
Write to your MP - Honour The Covenant (http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/index.cfm?asset_id=516704)..............

After a court ruling that sending soldiers into battle without the proper equipment breaches their human rights, how pathetic that our government are implying that it is impossible to grant them that right in combat situations.

Fine - then don't expect or require them to consider the Human Rights of the enemy...

Tighsonas4
14-Apr-08, 20:22
FOR KING AND COUNTRY
we seem to be fighting for all countries let the powers that be lead them into battle then tony

trix
14-Apr-08, 21:16
i da really ken an awful lot aboot iss (shamefully)

but, are we wantin hilary clintin til win 'e american election?

she says that if she gets in, in 60 days all 'e boys'l be home.

'e ither guy says he'l put more boys in, an that 'at should o' bin done ages ago.

Tighsonas4
14-Apr-08, 22:17
there was atime when britian had to and did stand alone
too much of our affairs are run from over the atlantic
the way things are we need more troops at home tony

trix
14-Apr-08, 22:42
lek vera lynn says - bring 'e boys back home....

Tighsonas4
15-Apr-08, 09:37
or weel meet againDONT KNOW where dont know when??tony

the nomad
15-Apr-08, 09:51
Just read in the Sunday paper about how our militry heros are treated when they they return from duty having fought and died for there people. The Government should be totally ashamed of themselves and give our men and women the dignity they deserve. Whats your feelings on this subject? I would love to know as this is something close to my families hearts and I feel quite bitter about this

The whole thing makes my blood boil, this country has completely lost the plot, we harbour immigrants that plot, and succeed to blow us up, without discrimination on age, creed, religion or colour, and then we send our troops over to fight against their perverse causes. These people get everything handed to them in the name of political correctness and yet what do our boys get for the privelage of getting shot at, maimed or killed....absolutely nothing.

I feel very strongly on this, irrespective of what anybody things on the rights and wrongs of sending our troops into combat, once the decision is made then we should support then 100%, they should have state of the art equipment without question on cost or budget. When they are away their families should be looked after so that the troops can focus on the job in hand and not worry about home matters, and if something tragic does happen when they are way fighting, then we have a duty to care and look after them and/or their loved ones....WITHOUT QUESTION.

Our system is twisted you can get hundreds of thousands for sex discrimation or racial equality matters but our troops are treated like dirt. ENOUGH.

trix
15-Apr-08, 18:35
or weel meet againDONT KNOW where dont know when??tony

some sunny day?

ANNIE
16-Apr-08, 10:53
Thats another two RAF men killed leaving 6 kids between them. How sad for the families :(