PDA

View Full Version : What Can I do In Sneckie?

sweetpea
12-Apr-08, 21:55
Got to spend 2 nights in Inverness next week, any ideas of what I can do to while the time away?

karia
12-Apr-08, 22:01
Got to spend 2 nights in Inverness next week, any ideas of what I can do to while the time away?

You must go to the Spanish tapas place in castle street sweetpea!

Buggyracer recommended it before we came up last year and oh boy have I thanked him ever since..wonderful food and a beeg paella being cooked in the restuarant...I wish't I was 5 people at least..with 2 days to spare!:D

Bingo!;)

Have everything.....it's all wonderful!

mccaugm
12-Apr-08, 22:02
Bowling, cinema, shopping, theatre, aqua sports, museum, Ironworks for music...good pubs....that should fill up a couple of days and nights.

Julia
12-Apr-08, 22:03
Hunt down boozeburglar on a mission to rid his home's smallest room of all reading material [lol]

Katy
12-Apr-08, 22:05
Well apart from Shopping, how about Ice Skating & Swimming in the Aqua Dome. I'm sure there is plenty more to do but all I can think of just now!
Katy x

Dadie
check out whats on in eden court and at the cinema for at night time other than that go shopping

sweetpea
Bowling, cinema, shopping, theatre, aqua sports, museum, Ironworks for music...good pubs....that should fill up a couple of days and nights.
No offence but the only suggestion I like ther is the Iron Works Saw Primal Scream there. I'm on my own so won't enjoy intimate dining.

DeHaviLand
12-Apr-08, 22:14

You could always visit me and do some housework:lol:

Julia
12-Apr-08, 22:16
What about a trip to Urqhuart Castle or Culloden?

sweetpea
12-Apr-08, 22:22
So far I fancy the Tapas and Theatre....

sweetpea
12-Apr-08, 22:24
You could always visit me and do some housework:lol:

Aye, but are you worth visiting?

DeHaviLand
12-Apr-08, 22:26
Aye, but are you worth visiting?

Of course I am. Just ask around, I've been there :eek:;)

sweetpea
12-Apr-08, 22:29
Of course I am. Just ask around, I've been there :eek:;)

Have you ben to the Tapas? Meet you there?

Fran
13-Apr-08, 01:44
this is getting exciting, its like an orger story. will sweetpea and dehaviland meet up next week and go for a tapas?

dogman
13-Apr-08, 03:24

cum back to wick and paaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttyyyyyyy yy!:)

Errogie
13-Apr-08, 11:12
The Thai cusine in Hoot n' Nannies in Church Street is good value and the live music is usually free but of a more traditional type.

northener
13-Apr-08, 16:58
Hootenannies!

Or the Castle (?) pub at the top of Castle Street. Excellent beer - what else do you need apart from beer?

_Ju_
13-Apr-08, 19:24
Go to the theatre at Eden court if they have anything on!

Boozeburglar
13-Apr-08, 19:34
Hootenannies!

Or the Castle (?) pub at the top of Castle Street. Excellent beer - what else do you need apart from beer?

Castle Tavern dude, used to be the Harlequin, now owned by George MacLean, Caithness exile and all round grand dude.

He has the Clachnaharry Inn n' all, brilliant pub.

I would eat in http://www.latortillaasesina.co.uk/

Go down a couple in The Castle Tavern, then head on to a couple of pubs or stay late at the Castle and enjoy the music.

I would be up for Hoots if anyone wants to risk it!

:)

karia
13-Apr-08, 20:36
Castle Tavern dude, used to be the Harlequin, now owned by George MacLean, Caithness exile and all round grand dude.

He has the Clachnaharry Inn n' all, brilliant pub.

I would eat in http://www.latortillaasesina.co.uk/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.latortillaasesina.co.uk/)

Go down a couple in The Castle Tavern, then head on to a couple of pubs or stay late at the Castle and enjoy the music.

I would be up for Hoots if anyone wants to risk it!

:)

Grand to hear a seconder for my eaterie of choice in inverness..is it not fantstic?

I sent her the link by pm this morning so she has plenty of time to choose from the menu.:Razz

squidge
14-Apr-08, 20:18
Ooh me too - i would come along to party on - get all the inverness orgers together for a meet up! I like la tortilla aseisina too mmmmm Although I find the bar on the corner of Church Street and Queensgate - The Room one of the best kept foodie secrets in INverness. Usually go for lunch tho not in the evening