PDA

View Full Version : Sad! Sad! Sad!

grumpy1
12-Apr-08, 11:52
why do people have to be so mean.. it really upsets me when u read about other people who have nothing better to do with their time than cause trouble for others...

am the only one who thinks like this!!!!:mad:

STUDMUFFIN
12-Apr-08, 11:56
Do You Mean On Here Or In The Outside World?

EDDIE
12-Apr-08, 12:18
unfortunatley thats just he way the world is the way i see it if someone is speaking about me it gives someone else a rest.

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Apr-08, 12:22
I know what you mean. My next neighbour threatened to knife me yesterday. The world's full of not-so-nice people.

grumpy1
12-Apr-08, 12:40
Do You Mean On Here Or In The Outside World?

just generally,,

Boozeburglar
12-Apr-08, 12:46
I know what you mean. My next neighbour threatened to knife me yesterday. The world's full of not-so-nice people.

Man, and they hadn't even moved in yet!

;)

Kevin Milkins
12-Apr-08, 12:55
If you go through life looking for problems there is a very good chance that you will find some. I once had a nieghbour that just wore me down with tittle tattle and constant moaning and slagging every body off. Live and let live is my moto

Lady In Bed
12-Apr-08, 13:08
We have a person who verbally attacks us at every opertunity. We have never done her any harm but when she rants, she really lets go. Calling names like stinking tramp etc. This has been going on for 4 year and has been reported to the police every time it hapens. However, she is under the mental health act and the police can not prossecute. In my opinion, if she is insane, put her to craig dunain. If she is sane, then charge her. It is starting to affect our mental state but our hands are tied. What would you do????[evil]

Boozeburglar
12-Apr-08, 13:10
We have a person who verbally attacks us at every opertunity. We have never done her any harm but when she rants, she really lets go. Calling names like stinking tramp etc. This has been going on for 4 year and has been reported to the police every time it hapens. However, she is under the mental health act and the police can not prossecute. In my opinion, if she is insane, put her to craig dunain. If she is sane, then charge her. It is starting to affect our mental state but our hands are tied. What would you do????[evil]

To be honest? I would probable move.

:)

percy toboggan
12-Apr-08, 14:00

Well, if she called me a 'stinking tramp' I'd laugh to be honest...it's plainly untrue and I've been called much worse.
I'd match her in the mudslinging and call her names she's never heard before.

I hear your stress though and seriously I don't know what I'd do...see a solicitor...you should not have to put up with this.

david
12-Apr-08, 14:32

I had a neighbour when I worked in Elgin of a similar ilk. In the end I moved away as there was never any collaborative evidence for the Police to act even though this individual was well known to the bobbys for drugs and other anti social behaviour. Not much help I know, but it may be easier to move away.

Lady In Bed
12-Apr-08, 14:42
Cant move as in a tied house. If we move, no job[disgust]

percy toboggan
12-Apr-08, 14:47
Presumably, she does not share the same Landlord?

david
12-Apr-08, 14:50

Mmm, that's a problem. I really sympathise with you. Sorry I can't be of better help.

Lady In Bed
12-Apr-08, 14:57
Mmm, that's a problem. I really sympathise with you. Sorry I can't be of better help.
Nor can the police. The fiscal wont take any action, the police can only report it to the mental health team and if we retalliate, we will get gharged with breach of the peace[evil]

Lady In Bed
12-Apr-08, 14:59
The motto says "To protect and Serve", my bum!

david
12-Apr-08, 15:10
The motto says "To protect and Serve", my bum!

Yes and sorry to be yet again 1 dimensional, but it's typical of the society we live in today

Fluff
12-Apr-08, 18:42
why do people have to be so mean.. it really upsets me when u read about other people who have nothing better to do with their time than cause trouble for others...

am the only one who thinks like this!!!!:mad:

It is always easier to remember the horrible people but for every nasty person there is a wonderful person out there too!

chin up and smile! :D

sweetpea
12-Apr-08, 18:50
People are sick that's why they act the way they do. Me personally, I say live and let live. Anyone who is nasty to me I let it go over my head. Nothing worse than bad neighbours though.

justine
12-Apr-08, 18:57
It seems to me that those that are nasty to others tend to be sad individuals who cant make their own friends so become nasty to get others on their side, paramount to school bullies.[disgust]
Nasty neighbours are a fact of life, luckily we have got good ones...But the fact in my opinion is it takes more to make enemies than friends

Julia
12-Apr-08, 19:09
What gets me is two-faced folk who profess to be eternally nice and caring but really aren't, they can turn in an instant and be quite nasty and even evil for want of a better word.... causing nothing but chaos!

All I have to say is you know who you are and I just hope you can sleep well at night, what goes around comes around!

justine
12-Apr-08, 19:18
What gets me is two-faced folk who profess to be eternally nice and caring but really aren't, they can turn in an instant and be quite nasty and even evil for want of a better word.... causing nothing but chaos!

All I have to say is you know who you are and I just hope you can sleep well at night, what goes around comes around!

TYour right it is a sad affair, but sometimes even those who are really geniunely nice get pushed over the edge. and yes i know who i am................maybe i should be Karma......

balto
12-Apr-08, 19:47

am the only one who thinks like this!!!!:mad:hey i can understand where you are coming from, some people have such sad boring lives that they think they can make others lifes hell, but these people are best ignored.[evil]

Julia
12-Apr-08, 19:48
TYour right it is a sad affair, but sometimes even those who are really geniunely nice get pushed over the edge. and yes i know who i am................maybe i should be Karma......

I was talking in general but is there something you want to get off your chest, have you been bad?

You can't be Karma, karma is a law, maybe you should google it.

Julia
12-Apr-08, 19:51
hey i can understand where you are coming from, some people have such sad boring lives that they think they can make others lifes hell, but these people are best ignored.[evil]

Well said Balto, just ignore them and they will eventually go away, the better person is the one who can hold their head high and know they have lots to be proud of. It's very sad there are not-so-nice folk about, it's just a fact of life today!

balto
12-Apr-08, 20:19
Well said Balto, just ignore them and they will eventually go away, the better person is the one who can hold their head high and know they have lots to be proud of. It's very sad there are not-so-nice folk about, it's just a fact of life today!
aye i have had a bit of bother with certain people this past week, and as i have said in another thread, i am having another baby, so this is what i am going to focus on not these persons that dont hold any space in my life.

Boozeburglar
12-Apr-08, 20:43
Congrats!

It is great to have something so wonderful to look forward to.

balto
12-Apr-08, 20:47
Congrats!

It is great to have something so wonderful to look forward to.
cheers for that. just cant wait and hopefully it wont be aberdeen this time.

Boozeburglar
12-Apr-08, 21:01
Just make it Inverness so I can come and bore you in the unit!

Julia
12-Apr-08, 21:02
aye i have had a bit of bother with certain people this past week, and as i have said in another thread, i am having another baby, so this is what i am going to focus on not these persons that dont hold any space in my life.

What lovely news to come from such a depressing thread! Congrats balto, when are you due? :D

balto
12-Apr-08, 21:14
well last one was in aberdeen, so they might see me as a threat and send me away.

balto
12-Apr-08, 21:16
What lovely news to come from such a depressing thread! Congrats balto, when are you due? :D
we are thinking by dates it is the middle/end of december, but not confinced it isnt sooner.

Tighsonas4
12-Apr-08, 21:38
SAD SAD
have been over 20 years in this downstairs flat now and in that time have had seven different neigbours up stairs mostly all good.but the odd one or two did need the brush handle on the roof in the middle of the night.
also when there trying all the furniture to toss out the living room window and the couch wont go have managed to survive though
a tied house is definetely is a big problem though
regards tony

Venture
13-Apr-08, 01:49

Sometimes it takes a crisis for people to show their true colours.

Metalattakk
13-Apr-08, 02:49

LOL! Nomination for "Most Misplaced and Tasteless Euphemism Of The Year" perhaps??!

"Jeeves, fetch my coat will you, my good man?"

:D

angela5
13-Apr-08, 15:11

Just this last fornight i've noticed a particular person show there true colours. And from what i've seen i'm sickened that someone can be so evil and down right cruel to another person.
Shame on them![disgust]

Venture
13-Apr-08, 15:35
Nor can the police. The fiscal wont take any action, the police can only report it to the mental health team and if we retalliate, we will get gharged with breach of the peace[evil]

If someone is under the care of the mental health team and living in the community they are not as you state, above the law. Many patients who have a mental health condition have been charged with various offences. You make it sound as if they are above the law. Neither is it fair to assume that if someone has a mental health condition they must be "insane" and should automatically be carted off to New Craigs. There is enough stigma attached to people with mental health conditions without making statements like that. This is an illness we are talking about.

Obviously the fiscal dosent feel that the person involved is breaking the law by what they are doing or believe you me he would charge them or take appropriate action. There are no exceptions even for the mentally ill. If a person is defined as being a danger to others or themselves they can be sectioned under the mental health act instantly. I would suggest that you yourself contact the Mental Health Team and discuss the matter with them. They will have direct contact with the person involved and will be more than willing to help the situation. How do you know for certain that the information has been passed to the mental health team. Just because you have reported the matter to the police does not guarantee that the details would have been passed on. Its far better to deal direct.

david
13-Apr-08, 19:32
If someone is under the care of the mental health team and living in the community they are not as you state, above the law. Many patients who have a mental health condition have been charged with various offences. You make it sound as if they are above the law. Neither is it fair to assume that if someone has a mental health condition they must be "insane" and should automatically be carted off to New Craigs. There is enough stigma attached to people with mental health conditions without making statements like that. This is an illness we are talking about.

Obviously the fiscal dosent feel that the person involved is breaking the law by what they are doing or believe you me he would charge them or take appropriate action. There are no exceptions even for the mentally ill. If a person is defined as being a danger to others or themselves they can be sectioned under the mental health act instantly. I would suggest that you yourself contact the Mental Health Team and discuss the matter with them. They will have direct contact with the person involved and will be more than willing to help the situation. How do you know for certain that the information has been passed to the mental health team. Just because you have reported the matter to the police does not guarantee that the details would have been passed on. Its far better to deal direct.

In the real world (having had a similar situation myself) no amount of contacting the MH team will make a jot of difference. The only real hope is that the person who has given this individual his/her tenancy agreement-if that is the case, refuses to renew it. If he/she owns the property then you are well and truly stuffed. Even then after 6 months the landlord may have to instigate court proceedings if they are to evict. This can take months and cost loads. As I said in a previous post, if you are able, far better to move away. The fact that in your opinion the fiscal does not think that this person is breaking the law IMHO holds no water. There are plenty of cases that do not get into court because it is not in the publics interest-costs too much. Doesn't mean no laws have been broken

Venture
13-Apr-08, 22:48
In the real world (having had a similar situation myself) no amount of contacting the MH team will make a jot of difference. The only real hope is that the person who has given this individual his/her tenancy agreement-if that is the case, refuses to renew it. If he/she owns the property then you are well and truly stuffed. Even then after 6 months the landlord may have to instigate court proceedings if they are to evict. This can take months and cost loads. As I said in a previous post, if you are able, far better to move away. The fact that in your opinion the fiscal does not think that this person is breaking the law IMHO holds no water. There are plenty of cases that do not get into court because it is not in the publics interest-costs too much. Doesn't mean no laws have been broken

Like me David you dont have all the facts surrounding the situation. Seems really strange to me that this has been going on for four years with no action taken. Can you say for certain that any laws have been broken? Have you heard both sides of the story? Your suggestion now is to try and have the person evicted. Why?

Kevin Milkins
13-Apr-08, 23:20
To be honest? I would probable move.

:)

It sounds a bit drastic but that is what I done when I realised that my nieghbour was never going to wind her neck in. I felt bitter having to take such a step ,but felt like a weight had been lifted off us .

david
14-Apr-08, 00:27
Like me David you dont have all the facts surrounding the situation. Seems really strange to me that this has been going on for four years with no action taken. Can you say for certain that any laws have been broken? Have you heard both sides of the story? Your suggestion now is to try and have the person evicted. Why?

In my case the situation went on for 2 years without any action being taken. Obviously I can't confirm if any laws have been broken and again yes I haven't heard both sides of the story. All I was trying to do was offer advice from on my own personnel experience given the post presented. You could use your argument in practically all posts regarding disputes. I doubt if that would be too helpful.

Venture
14-Apr-08, 09:56
In my case the situation went on for 2 years without any action being taken. Obviously I can't confirm if any laws have been broken and again yes I haven't heard both sides of the story. All I was trying to do was offer advice from on my own personnel experience given the post presented. You could use your argument in practically all posts regarding disputes. I doubt if that would be too helpful.

The facts I gave (or arguement as you choose to call it) were relevant to the poster's situation as it involved a mental health patient. You obviously feel your advice based on your own personal experience is more helpful. I beg to differ.

TBH
14-Apr-08, 10:32
I don't think having a mental health problem means someone is going to be a bad neighbour so I can't see why this has been mentioned. Anybody could be a bad neighbour no matter what their state of mind.

david
14-Apr-08, 12:06
The facts I gave (or arguement as you choose to call it) were relevant to the poster's situation as it involved a mental health patient. You obviously feel your advice based on your own personal experience is more helpful. I beg to differ.

Well at least I offered the person some advice having been through a similar situation. Of course you haven't heard both sides to my story either.

Lady In Bed
14-Apr-08, 17:02
I don't think having a mental health problem means someone is going to be a bad neighbour so I can't see why this has been mentioned. Anybody could be a bad neighbour no matter what their state of mind.
I never said that the person was being a bad neighbour because she has mental health problems, I stated that the fiscal will not prossecute her because of her mental health problems.[evil]

percy toboggan
14-Apr-08, 17:13

Really? I think the chances would be better than evens.

Lady In Bed
14-Apr-08, 17:19
Really? I think the chances would be better than evens.
According to the local police who investigated this case over the last 4 year (must be about 6 different officers), they have all said the same thing. I just have to go by their understanding of the law.:~(

TBH
14-Apr-08, 18:18
Really? I think the chances would be better than evens.Yes Percy, I think the chances of anybody being a bad neighbour no matter the state of their mind are probably better than evens.

squidge
14-Apr-08, 20:28
I find the best way to deal with nasty horrible people or people being mean is to be nice to them. Like extra nice - smile wave ask them how they are, offer to help them carry their shopping. Obviously its difficult to do so if there is a threat of violence but if its just plain bad manners or meanness it confuses them and over time can change their behaviour. Try it - it works

percy toboggan
14-Apr-08, 20:45
Yes Percy, I think the chances of anybody being a bad neighbour no matter the state of their mind are probably better than evens.

I'm saddened to hear you have such a jaundiced view of humanity TBH. I think most people are basically okay , certainly not 51% trouble.