PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Reading

Boozeburglar
12-Apr-08, 11:44
OK, inane thread haters move along...nothing to see here.

What reading material do you have in your bathroom?

We have a pile of old 'The World of Interiors' mags, a few Cosmo, Ebony, Field (Scottish), Vogue, Easyrider, BSH, Guardian and Observer mags, one Searchlight, one Big Issue, two old copies of The Voice and, rather bizarrely, The Complete Homeopathy Handbook.

:)

Liz
12-Apr-08, 12:40
None. Just do what I have to do and go!:lol:

karia
12-Apr-08, 12:43
OK, inane thread haters move along...nothing to see here.

What reading material do you have in your bathroom?

We have a pile of old 'The World of Interiors' mags, a few Cosmo, Ebony, Field (Scottish), Vogue, Easyrider, BSH, Guardian and Observer mags, one Searchlight, one Big Issue, two old copies of The Voice and, rather bizarrely, The Complete Homeopathy Handbook.

As eclectic a bunch of reading materials as I would expect from one so erudite BB.;)

In my house the aim is to get people out of the bathroom rather than encourage them to linger....I am thinking of applying plain paper labels over the backs of the shampoo bottles.:D

peedie man
12-Apr-08, 12:46
Is it a bathroom or library BB:D

Boozeburglar
12-Apr-08, 12:52
My friends have a bathroom wall of book shelves, but they have a house full of books.

One of the Oscar winners said they keep their Oscars in the loo.

Cool.

I love to read in the bath.

percy toboggan
12-Apr-08, 14:07
For years:Back Street Heroes or AWOL - custom motorcycle mags.
Now, this minute? The manual for my newish camera Fuji S9600 -a bit complex (pour moi) ....I read it in bite size chunks. A sat down sesh on the lav seems just right.

Boozeburglar
12-Apr-08, 14:14
For years:Back Street Heroes or AWOL - custom motorcycle mags.
Now, this minute? The manual for my newish camera Fuji S9600 -a bit complex (pour moi) ....I read it in bite size chunks. A sat down sesh on the lav seems just right.

Crikey I just caught a glimspe of 'bite size chunks'...in a bathroom thread.

BSH is a great read, full of real people, like an OK magazine for the biker fraternity.

percy toboggan
12-Apr-08, 14:45
Crikey I just caught a glimspe of 'bite size chunks'...in a bathroom thread.

BSH is a great read, full of real people, like an OK magazine for the biker fraternity.

Indeed...real people like myself and Mrs.T . I feel duty bound to add...pics in several issues 94 - 97 ish. I've not seen it in three or four years...if it's gone down the OK route it's a shame...preferred it when it was Manchester based and produced by its originators...lost something when the Mirror Group bought it out, in my humble opinion.

Do they still publish short , biker related fictional stories?

Rie
12-Apr-08, 15:29
i dont have any books in my bathroom, just flush and go!!

lazytown
12-Apr-08, 15:35
Currently have the Broons Annual and the Dandy Annual. (The Broons are far a better read).:)

chaz
12-Apr-08, 15:40
Dandy, beano ,max power and a couple of good food mags.:)

dunderheed
12-Apr-08, 15:43
until verry recently all back issues of the killie hippo fanzine, however now im down to around 3 novels, no magazines

karia
12-Apr-08, 15:44
[quote=chaz;372455 a couple of good food mags.:)[/quote]

Ahh..... Forward planning!:lol:

chaz
12-Apr-08, 15:46
Ahh..... Forward planning!:lol:

Thats the idea, oh and its the only place i get peace to read at times:lol:

MadPict
12-Apr-08, 16:36
This usually passes the odd hour - just make sure you use a quick drying pen...

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/sudoku-loo-roll/index.html

Moby
12-Apr-08, 17:35
Thats the idea, oh and its the only place i get peace to read at times:lol:

Right there with you on that one!

I pride myself on my collection of "lightsome" literature available to accommodate any length of sitting. From touristy type books from places we have visited to those silly jokey books you get at Christmas - my favourite "bite size chunk" read had to be "The Blair Years" - to be honest the loo is the best place for that particular book.:lol:

hobbes1962
12-Apr-08, 17:47
Calvin & Hobbes books

gollach
12-Apr-08, 18:00
Currently have the Broons Annual and the Dandy Annual. (The Broons are far a better read).:)

LOL I've got the Broons book in my toilet too!

karia
12-Apr-08, 18:16
Have you noticed the huge gender divide on this subject.

Why us women are always accused of hogging the bathroom I will never know..one look at this thread tells a totally different tale which surprises us not in the slightest.;)

Mister Squiggle
12-Apr-08, 18:23
Quite a few Vanity Fairs (upmarket I know, but usually scammed from posh rellies), some National Geographics and the local paper.
I cannot have a bath without taking a book to read while it fills up - usually something light (ie. gardening, jokes etc) or one of the kids' books about castles, dragons, dinosaurs etc. Nothing better to end a stressful day than a good soak with a storybook and a glass of wine (or cup of tea in my more sober moments).
I like the little personal touches people put in their bathrooms - I had an aunty who for years had a little sign over her toilet saying "We aim to please so can you aim too, please". Classic.

karia
12-Apr-08, 18:36
I like the little personal touches people put in their bathrooms .

Then you would love mine...no books but 2 enormous murals painted by me a couple of years ago.

A medieval scene with our surname initial as the central piece with horses , men in cloaks and castles entwined within..like an old pub sign..and on the other wall a 3D mural of a lighthouse and cliffs with a wooden frame laid on top..it is hilarious watching workmen trying to remove it from the wall.:lol:

The rest of our house is very simply decorated and it is funny to watch peoples reactions when they come out of the loo.;)

We are so used to it we forget!

Fluff
12-Apr-08, 18:37
Eugh how common...
(lol)
at the moment we have this months edition of Glamour, a kerrang and a book on the history of the Reading Festival. there is normal an edition of Empire or some other film mag too but they have been moved to the bedroom...

I try to avoid books in the bathroom as i find i will take longer on the loo then have a horrible big loo seat ring....

karia
12-Apr-08, 18:40
Eugh how common...
(lol..

Since our posts crossed over I am hoping you didn't mean my murals fluff..then again!:lol:

Fluff
12-Apr-08, 18:44
lol no just thinking my nana and my mum always had/have a thing about 'reading material' in the bathroom. I swear until I moved out of my parents I could tell you the ingredients off all the shampoo etc..

MadPict
12-Apr-08, 19:04
Have you noticed the huge gender divide on this subject.

It's the only place a bloke can get some peace and quiet.......

Tilter
12-Apr-08, 19:11
Can't see any need for books in bathrooms. On the other hand, I've been known to use the loo at the library............... so maybe there's a case for it. It's a man thing anyway.

Boozeburglar
12-Apr-08, 19:34
I've not seen it in three or four years...if it's gone down the OK route it's a shame...preferred it when it was Manchester based and produced by its originators...lost something when the Mirror Group bought it out, in my humble opinion...Do they still publish short , biker related fictional stories?

It is still a good read, but a bit glossier and a few more ads than before. Still has at least one fiction piece an issue, but only like a two pager.

Last one I bought was 2006, for the Rat and Survival show report, usually nab it from a mate...he may have the ones you feature in!

Coming in after my walk I just found a Demon Tweaks down the back of the radiator, and a Rolling Stone I never read. (Now there IS a magazine that has gone downhill drastically!)

Julia
12-Apr-08, 21:06
Isn't reading while on the loo just a bit unhygienic?

quiteone
12-Apr-08, 21:10
yip defo flush and go!!! dina understand the readers..........:lol: but hey if it helps pass the time.............:lol:

karia
12-Apr-08, 21:11
Isn't reading while on the loo just a bit unhygienic?

Don't know Hun...I usually employ different ends for each purpose!;)

Anne x
12-Apr-08, 21:16
Was in a very upmarket establishment one time and the reading matter was
" Have you Written your Will yet" and "Turn your loved ones Ashes in to a Diamond "
Mmm No !
I am on nice weekend away with OH

karia
12-Apr-08, 21:18
I predict Annex will reply to this next and that she is currently reading 'relocation, relocation' monthly!;)

Julia
12-Apr-08, 22:06
At least boozeburglar will never run out of paper [lol]

I'm feeling inspired to add some reading material to my bathroom, how about the little book of toilet graffiti?

WeeBurd
12-Apr-08, 22:11
I am totally stunned yet amused at this thread - I just thought it was a myth that folks read whilst at the loo. I guess you've got to question diet, and ask if people consuming enough fibre in this day and age... [lol]

Mind you, maybe if I put some Pooh books in there, it might encourage my toddler to use the big girls loo more often! ;)

karia
12-Apr-08, 22:19
Mind you, maybe if I put some Pooh books in there, it might encourage my toddler to use the big girls loo more often! ;)

Nah! Eyore has had toddlers up til his ears and is turning nasty!:D

Anne x
12-Apr-08, 22:39
I predict Annex will reply to this next and that she is currently reading 'relocation, relocation' monthly!;)

Nah !!! location ! location! location maybe !!! karia cannot believe that you have muriels !!! surely you are not saying Hilda Ogden is for you [lol]

Moi x
12-Apr-08, 22:44
Isn't reading while on the loo just a bit unhygienic?That was my initial reaction but I may have to reconsider after reading this thread. More importantly, I've been reminded me of something I heard on the radio on the way to work yesterday and it's given me an idea. Watch this forum. :)

Neither of the bathrooms in our flat contain any reading material.

Margaret M.
12-Apr-08, 22:49
No reading in the loo and the last thing I would read is something that has been sitting in there. Yuck.

Moi x
13-Apr-08, 00:44
Then you would love mine...no books but 2 enormous murals painted by me a couple of years ago.

A medieval scene with our surname initial as the central piece with horses , men in cloaks and castles entwined within..like an old pub sign..and on the other wall a 3D mural of a lighthouse and cliffs with a wooden frame laid on top..it is hilarious watching workmen trying to remove it from the wall.

The rest of our house is very simply decorated and it is funny to watch peoples reactions when they come out of the loo.

We are so used to it we forget!

Nah !!! location ! location! location maybe !!! karia cannot believe that you have muriels !!! surely you are not saying Hilda Ogden is for you [lol]Karia, do your muriels have an Ogdenesque squinty duck mounted on them? I didn't think you'd be a curlers and headscarf person either but we live and learn. ;)

Oddquine
13-Apr-08, 04:07
I don't have a bog library..........I just take the current book in with me.

percy toboggan
13-Apr-08, 08:17
It is still a good read, but a bit glossier and a few more ads than before. Still has at least one fiction piece an issue, but only like a two pager.

A bit of quirky biker fiction here if yer interested bb...probably bog standard//send me a pm if you want a link

iain
13-Apr-08, 12:35
Britchopper,Classic Plant & Machinery,Classic anything else rusty !! Not had BSH or 100% for a while.Reading in the bath with a bottle of good ale,pure bliss !!!!