PDA

View Full Version : SPONSORED WALK

highlander
25-May-03, 23:21
MY friends and i went on a sponsored for epilepsy, and i implore anyone who has the chance of collecting for any charity to give it a go, as it is the most self satisfiing anyone can do, the achievement, of being one of the bunch to complete the walk, the fun in taking part is wonderful, anyone who has done a charity walk will understand, but those who have not, give it a try, u may find that the little things in life, that may feel daunting can give lots of pleasure.

Anonymous
27-May-03, 10:34
I walked 200 miles for charity once. And yes it is such a gratifying feeling to see the pub outside the train station home. But on a serious note I really enjoyed it, although one that length does take some organisation. Get some mates together, get a week or two holiday, get it organised, make something for charity and have yourself a great time.
In fact, this time next year I might just be able to find a couple of weeks free.
ps. Take plenty of beer money it is a great antidote to sore legs.

Kenn
28-May-03, 22:46
Congratulations to highlander and all the other walkers who managed to raise a substantial sum..HEY gal can I have me linament back..after 5 hrs gardening here I too am a trifle stiff :Razz