PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Bus Scheme

rfr10
11-Apr-08, 19:47
Could I enourage people to complete the following questionnaire:

http://www.firstgroup.com/YSB/questionnaire/index.html

There is one for Parents, pupils and general public.

TBH
11-Apr-08, 20:05
Could we not have a blue bus scheme to distinguish us from the U.S?

rfr10
11-Apr-08, 20:46
Yellow buses are a tradition for school buses. It's like the ones you see on cartoons on tv! :)

TBH
11-Apr-08, 22:18
Yellow buses are a tradition for school buses. It's like the ones you see on cartoons on tv! :)Not much of a tradition in Scotland?

NLP
11-Apr-08, 22:25
Could we not have a blue bus scheme to distinguish us from the U.S?
My thoughts exactly I don't see why we have to follow the U.S. we are British after all.

TBH
11-Apr-08, 22:28
My thoughts exactly I don't see why we have to follow the U.S. we are British after all.We are getting more and more like the U.S everyday except they have walmart, we have tesco.

rfr10
11-Apr-08, 22:43
Personally I think the yellow buses look very "cool" or maybe we should have a red one. I don't know. I didn't come up with the scheme so don't ask me :Razz.

Whitewater
11-Apr-08, 22:46
I have seen the Yellow Bus scheme in operation in America, my children have used it on a couple of day visits to school there. It is a much safer, and more efficient operation than anything we have in this country. To NLP, you are right, we don't have to follow the US, but when a service is better and more efficient than anything we have, it would be rather stupid not to accept it just because it is American.

Tristan
12-Apr-08, 10:47
The yellow school buses are used in Canada too. They are visible and there are rules of the road for other drivers to follow when the buses are stopped with the lights flashing. I can think of one bus death and at least one bus injury in Caithness that would not have happened if the the yellow buses and their rules were in force in at the the time.

Torvaig
12-Apr-08, 11:34
Yellow is a good colour; other colours, especially blue, would not stand out as being special and by making it the law that you cannot overtake them when they are stationary and displaying flashing lights, our children will be a lot safer. don't think anyone will object to that......:)

Here is a good example...

http://www.wymetro.com/SchoolsAndColleges/YellowBus/AnIntroductiontoYellowBus.htm